Three problems with the Jackhammer

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by D-Spirith, Feb 23, 2013.

1. wingspan

Your message is accurate, even if the delivery was coarse.

Guns like the HA exclusives and battle rifles are good examples of either heavy-handed and inexperienced balance, or simply neglect. Battle rifles' flaws have been acknowledged at least, but the Jackhammer was buffed and still fails. I have doubts about the level of play those responsible for balance test for.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ashnal

Honestly, I think the Jackhammer should get a tighter spread and more shots per magazine OR the ability to use a sight and switch between slugs and shot.
    • Up x 1
  3. the pestimist

ah yes use of scopes/ sights would be a buff
  4. D-Spirith

Guys, please, stay calm and dont let the anger come out. I know the JH is bad, but i believe there are better ways to state your opinion without screaming or using any kind of bad language.

Thanks. :3
    • Up x 1
  5. the pestimist

it is just me sorry, these aren't my only rage posts.
  6. the pestimist

7. the pestimist

8. ApplejackNC

The best idea i've ever seen for the Jackhammer is to change its secondary mode so that it switches to slugs. A shotgun that can switch ammo types on the fly is really unique
  9. Odin

Sad when the "ability" (3 round burst) is slower than manually clicking rofl.
    There isnt anything this weapon does that any of the other shotguns doesnt do better.
    GG design guys :)
  10. Brendan0212

That is an amazing idea.
    I also think it should be the ONLY non max shotgun that should 1 shot most non max infantry at close range. These pump actions are just a slap in the face, and they are releasing more are they not? Pump actions should just have the lowest damage degradation, smallest spread, only shotgun with scope unlocks above 2x. The pump actions should be the go to slug shotgun, and changing it to reflect this, as well as the other shotguns would activate a more variety in roles.

The lasher needs a buff as well, no matter what anyone says. With the amount of rocks, terrain, buildings, structures in the game that people can just peak over and clip (only 1/2 their head is showing but they can still shoot you) and the splash doesn't travel over to them. the lasher becomes ineffective in at least 95% of engagements, where any other weapon would excel. This is also further determined by the sheer amount of underground tunnels, tight corridors and otherwise indoor places in PS1 where the lasher shined in effectively being area denial. The MCG should excel in suppression, the lasher should excel in area denial.
    Since people seem to have a very hypocritical view on TTK, instead of increasing damage at all which could cause an upset either way. Adding a short duration persistent area at the location any orb splashes, equal to the splash radius, that in effect adds a DoT element to any player that is hit by the splash or steps into that persistent area, with the DoT refreshing duration if the player is hit consecutively or each second someone stands in the persistent area effect.
    Think of the orb as a ball of plasma, except it hits the ground and creates what could be seen as a "puddle" for a few seconds. The DoT could be something simply like 100 damage over 2 seconds and the persistent area effect lasting for 2 seconds as well ( numbers are an example, take with grain of salt)

As for the MCG, I think this weapon should have the highest flinch caused per round out of any infantry held weapon in the game. This would better streamline it as a suppressing weapon especially when you combine that with it's RoF.
  11. Goretzu

Interesting idea, although I'd still like a bit more close up kill power along with that myself (something much closer to the common-pool shotguns).
  12. the pestimist

13. Singed

SOE tried to make truly faction specific weapons. I think they failed on all three, but the chain gun is more tolerable then the lasher or the jachammer. I truly feel sorry for you who purchased that piece of junk. An alternate fire mode is a pretty good idea, and being able to switch to slugs on the fly would be pretty cool.
  14. the pestimist

Soe just didn't care enough about the weapons in fact all of them carbines, assault rifles, etc. to make em unique enough the ha specific ones just need a revamp.
  15. oherror

Wish i could get a refund on the POS jackhammer. Got it, tried it and now use the saw. Think the pistol kills faster.
  16. the pestimist

17. Antivide

Jackhammer is just a slower, worse Piston with slightly better performance at 15 meters.

Other than that it's a POS unloved by many, hated by all.
  18. Goretzu

Try a Pump Action with extended mag, slugs and the scope of your choice, it's better than the JH in every way and is probably what the JH should have been. :(
  19. Doogle

Not to keen on the idea of making a powerful shotgun faction specific, in PS1 it kind of balanced out due to the TR having the MCG which was more powerful than any other rifle in close combat.

justify the jackhammer being the best in its field you would have to make the MCG the best in its field also and I dont think many NC or VS would like the idea of that.
  20. Goretzu

Making the JH in any way useful/equal would be a start.

Go into the VR room and test it yourself, it is simply utterly outperformed in every way by something else. It's just plain terrible and effectively without a use.