Three changes to fix the game in 1 patch.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sixstring, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Sixstring

#1- A 30 sec rush timer in the spawn room before a painfield for people who still won't leave. The new spawn rooms are great but the simple fact is people will never get out in mass unless it's part of the game and they are forced to leave. This not only gives them incentive to push forward before they are trapped but encourages them to go to the next base over and use their resoruces there if they are trapped and keeps the game exciting rather than both sides just waiting for the base to cap. PS I'm sure this change is inevitable anyway the devs are obviously trying to fix the situation since they changed the spawn rooms they have to see these things happening while they themselves play the game,but PS4 players will not put up with this spawn warrior/spawn camp cycle that completely stops fights and breaks the game and eventually the devs will realize that THEY have to make some players leave or they never will.

#2- Reduce C-4 and rocket damage to tanks and reduce HA Lock-on's to point blank range. C-4 is just too powerful considering people can stock 40 at a time until the resource revamp and even then two bricks can still instakill a MBT and are carried by most classes including the most mobile LA while tanks are hard to move as it is. 2 C-4 should at most reduce a MBT to 1/2 and lightning to 1/4. HA rockets have too much damage & range for tanks and aircraft and a few HA with Lock-ons can stop an entire armor column while AA rockets can be locked on and chase air way too far away. I would suggest Cutting rocket damage to tanks and aircraft in half and keeping their damage to MAX's and infantry the same while reducing the lock-ons to a close range only counter for infantry while leaving the long/medium range vehicle fighting to other tanks and flak.

#3- Put a few extra objectives in each base,these could be simple drop in objectives like spawn room gens to end the fight early if the spawn is camped and maybe a terminal in the base which only becomes accessible after the point is captured which can then be hacked by an infiltrator granting access to the spawn gen. Also reduce all gen overloads to 30 sec or 1 minute tops. And lastly pertaining to #1 I guess they could put some thermal AI turrets on top of the spawn rooms so people could clear the outside area but with a short range,no experience gained from these kills or any kills in the spawn room and while the players rush timer is still on going giving them incentive to not linger in the turret too long and to get out and continue the fight outside.
  2. AdmiralArcher

how about

NO

you havnt thought these changes through enough. nerfing lockons against tanks would be a MASSIVE buff to the swagrider, currently the only way to reliably hit one at range is to use a SKEP.

"HA rockets have too much damage & range for tanks and aircraft and a few HA with Lock-ons can stop an entire armor collum"

thats the whole entire point of giving them lockons

and no lockons dont simply chase ESFs away, they will keep coming back again and again because they know that they can kill whoever has them, if not they can doge them or pop flares, ESFs are meant for hit and runs, not constant bombardment. besides lockons are nothing compared to bursters, they are far more effective are deterring the average pilot. but they are expensive.

forcing people out of spawn room is an old request, and honestly with the improvements made on the spawn room shields recently, i see less and less people cowering inside. but im not going to walk out into the waiting arms of 100+ enemies just because some stupid pain field is making me, i just wont play there because at that point.......its useless to run outside all you're doing is giving the enemy more certs with no gain for you. its better to go find another way to attack the enemy than to just be forced outside to die.

and if you have a problem getting killed from people inside the spawn room

DONT FRIKING SPAWN CAMP
    • Up x 4
  3. Phyr

3 is the only one worth looking at. 1 and 2 are horrible, horrible suggestions, and you should be ashamed to have made them.
    • Up x 2
  4. libbmaster

Ur idea is bad, and you should feel bad.

Though, to be honest, extra objectives are cool.
  5. Sixstring

I'm not saying they should remove Lock-on's entirely I just think a major range and lock-on range would help towards making vehicles useful the way they should be. For example if an esf or tank is in close enough range to hit reliably with an AI nose gun/rocketpods or a tank's secondary gun then the HA could lock-on but the range reduction would stop heavy assaults from just constantly locking on to any vehicle remotely near the base . What I'm suggesting still lets HA defend themselves and contribute some damage to enemy vehicles but not as much and not as effectively. Right now tanks are only useful for farming an already overrun base because the infantry are too powerful when and if tanks can ever breach the base shields,they will just get immediately C-4'd or swarmed with HA rockets.

The spawn time limit doesn't hurt anyone who already intended on leaving the spawn room,they could even sync their spawn with other people spawning in the same squad. All this does is keep people moving and it keeps the game from stopping 3-4 minutes before the base is capped. The attackers will not contain mass amounts of people exiting the spawn room and teleporters anyway and then you will also get more people to pull armor from elsewhere so they can fight back effectively. Honestly if the attackers needed to use their resources and vehicles to capture a base why shouldn't the defenders need the same effort to defend it? So many people seem to think even if the enemy has spent so much time fighting to cap a base and hold it down they should be able to spawn in run out with their heavy assualts mow them all down and blow their vehicles away but that's not fair. As long as the defenders have an infinite spawn that is enough advantage and incentive to hold a base.
  6. Sixstring

Why are they bad? Vehicles are not unbalanced,the amount of control infantry have over the game is unbalanced. Maybe alot of people like to play infantry but that doesn't mean they should render the other parts of the game not worth playing for the most part just because the infantry players don't like dying to vehicles. The vehicles are supposed to be the power multiplier and they should feel that way instead most of the time it's not worth pulling vehicles so alot of people don't instead they just spawn at a sunderer near were they want to go since when they do get there any vehicle will be useless for anything other than farming. All this does is create massive infantry zergs everywhere,especially once people learn it's much easier to just fight the same tanks as Heavy assault or light assault. You don't see masses of tanks moving across fields you only see uncontested zergs because becuase once too many to many infantry get involved the tanks/aircraft can't even move due to lock-on and general RL spam then if they ever do manage to get close to the enemy base in an even battle all the LA's come out and instakill the tanks. What is the point in letting tanks in the bases if they are so vulnerable in close quarters and why have generators that allow them in?
  7. Silkensmooth

I like 1 and 3 but 2 i dont like. C4ing tanks is hard. Only tanks who are tunneled in on infantry get c4'd which im fine with. Even when it happens to me i just go, crap i knew i was sitting still too long.

C4 is one of the only things that kills my infantry farming tank.

When i play an AV loadout i never die to C4.

As a light assault i die more often than not trying to c4 good tank crews who know better than to sit still for longer than a few secs.
  8. Silkensmooth

I agree 2 is bad, but 1 is good. I have often thought that this would be a good thing. 30 secs gives you plenty of time to assess the situation and redeploy if you find it to be untenable, but prevents the spawn room warriors that to me are the single most ridiculous thing in the game.

If you are pinned down in the spawn room you have lost the fight. You shouldnt be rewarded by being able to freely shoot at the enemy who has very likely already killed you once.

Maybe you could give the infantry 30 secs immunity after they respawn as long as they dont attack in order to give them a chance to get out of the spawn room.
  9. Sixstring

I think 1 light assault doing 1/2 damage to a MBT and 3/4 to a Lightning is plenty. It would be different in a game with less people but this is a game where if infantry spot a tank they get their C-4 ready and they can just keep gunning for you until they eventually do get you since they don't actually lose their C-4 until they toss it and currently can stock 40 at a time. And don't forget that LA can move around much more easily than tanks,reducing the damage to half would force two LA to work together if they want to take out a tank. Infantry really shouldn't be able to solo vehicles at all anyway,if they want them gone the best method should be a vehicle battle. That's the only place I see the HA overpowered as infantry I have no problem with the shield or OHK rockets but the rocket launcher spam towards vehicles is totally broken,the rockets should do support damage not be the free direct counter to everything just reduce the range,damage and give them a resource cost yeah the people who are used to just spamming the rockets might not like it but then people would just pull more vehicles.
  10. TopVanuTroll

1 is terrible... I spawn at a base, I go to terminals to change class and edit loadout based on enemies I see. To make matters worse, half the time, pressing E to enter a terminal doesn't even work until 10 tries later. Then, I have to wait till an opportune moment to exit spawn. This could take well over 30 seconds. If I'm in a squad, it makes things worse. I try organizing a MAX crash and then lose 350 resources because I took a little too long. And, as I seem to have to constantly point out, spawn room warriors don't really help their team. As you said, they pick up free kills on idiotic spawn campers who can respawn near instantly at a nearby sunderer. You should actually be glad spawn room warriors exist. This means that they aren't helping their team set up defenses in the next base. So just stop worrying about your tarnished KD ratio.
  11. TopVanuTroll

Also wanted to point out that the 30 second immunity could mean that I organize a 10 maxes with charge and get completely behind enemy lines and then start attacking while simultaneously attacking from the front. Would completely tear down a defense. Or, I could just grab maxes to act as invulnerable meat shields and lead a charge of infantry. 30 seconds is too much. But, anything else is not enough to make an impact. So, best to leave invulnerability out of this game.
  12. SuperMedicated

i come for a possibly good thread, and i see another whining topic

Here's something worth looking at so you get all happy after this deception:

[IMG]
  13. Sixstring

You can make any loadout changes you need before you even spawn into the spawn room and you can talk to the other people in your squad as much as you need to after that it would just be a matter of going to the terminal and pulling a MAX which I have never had any problems doing since there are at least three terminals in one spawn room(even if not all spawn rooms). The timer wouldn't even need to actvate until the defenders reached 50% of the population and the hard spawn is disabled anyway,this doesn't hurt anyone the people who were intent on getting out will still get out but the people who were planning on staying for the long haul leave the spawn room or go somewhere else.
  14. TopVanuTroll

You can make loadout changes before spawning, I'm aware of that. But I usually spawn, then take a look at what I'm up against, then change out my loadout. For example, I spawn, and see a bunch of MAXes. So, I go to a terminal, switch to heavy assault and equip a decimator and C4. As far as MAX crashes go, it takes a while to recall everyone to spawn, wait till everyone pulls a MAX, then countdown to run out. Also, I already explained why there is no problem with spawn room warriors.
    • Up x 1