Thoughts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Verviedi

Thoughts

For once I'm not posting a rant thread. Oh well. I don't really know what to talk about next, so I decided to make a post just containing thoughts about the recent updates for the game.

Thoughts on Continent Locking
    The current meta is essentially just locking continents to find different places to play TDM on. Continent locking was done hilariously badly. Instead of providing a fun strategy, it simply locks everyone out of the continent. However, the sad state of Continent Locking can easily be fixed by implementing Continental Lattice and ANTs. CL and ANTs introduce logistics, which is a good happy word that means good happy things, like "rainbows" and "freedom".
    ANYWAY. How continent locking should have been done is making warpgates capturable, but only when the faction that owns the WG has less than 2% territory control. This allows kicking an empire off a continent, and forcing them to regroup and find a way to take the continent back. Continents could be taken back by going through a WG that links to the locked WG, pushing out, and recapturing the WG. This is essentially how it worked in PS1, and how it should work now.

Thoughts on Hossin
    Lagggggggggggggggggg my god the laggggggggggggggg! I get about 60 fps on Indar, and about 27 on Hossin. Holy lag-balls, batman!

Thoughts on Resource Revamp
    I absolutely love the resource revamp. Finally, I can pull as many Scythes and Magriders as I want. The peasants can't pull as much C4 and medkits, and I get INFINITE FREE CLOAKING FURY FLASHES! The revamp makes strapping two C4 to the front of a flash, switching to infiltrator, cloaking, driving into an enemy vehicle, decloaking, and detonating the C4 via Fury so much more fun!
    All in all a good thing, and I cannot wait for ANTs.

Thoughts on Outfit Improvements
    They are amazing, and make getting new players much easier. I just wish you could get outfit decals with certs... Also, my outfit now gets the credit it deserves when it captures a base! The Vanu banner with the Quantum Dawn symbol on it is SEXEH.

Thoughts on Valkyrie
    I know it isn't out yet, but it is pretty lackluster on the test server. SLS and SFS will have too much of an easy time killing it, and it's weapons lack real anti-infantry ability. Also, anything slower than a lib is tankbuster (NERF TANKBUSTER) bait.

Thoughts on Implants
    I don't use them very much, but the crafting system gives me something to do while loading up a Skywhale. And for that, SOE, I thank you.

Thoughts on Tank and Rocket nerfs...
    All the changes were terrible and should be reverted. SOE needs to stop listening to peasant whines.

Thanks. Please tell me what you think about the latest updates.
    • Up x 2
  2. Pikachu

You expect ICL without battle islands?

Revert my phoenix.
  3. NinjaTurtle

Lag sucks

Resource revamp is unfinished and uninteresting as it stands

Some vehicle weapons need a re balance. Some need nerfs others need buffs

Aside from that everything is good
  4. MasonSTL

like Pikachu said, you can't have continental lattice with out Battle Islands. And ANTs are planed to be in the next phase of the resource revamp, don't know when though.... the we have that going for us.
  5. ConradHorse

on one hand, something might be done here (some outfit improvements) but on the other hand buying decals for outfits keeps donators and servers up

thumbs up

hell yeah, now everyone spams tanks and maxes - now think what light infantry (medics, etc) can do in this situation? HA gave a natural balance to this. Now sieges last for hours until some other continent gets alert. meds and engineers die like flies.. but maybe it is just a matter of being used to something that changed
  6. andy_m

Latest updates?

I like the fact that the invisible shields in the Biolabs have gone. They were a bit weird...

Regarding game "features," I'm not bothering with Directives one bit. I'm hardly using Implants and I'm just letting my Chargers collect, as well as crafting new Ultra Chargers. So I may one day have a look at some of the power hungry T3 implants...

New resource system is, well, the new resource system. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. It is what it is and I've learned to work with it.