Thoughts on the usefulness of underbarrel attachments?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by GoyoElGringo, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Jackplays17

The UBGL Is definitely the best attachment. its essentially a more useful UB shotgun. A direct hit is a OHK. Run around one hit killing enemies, and you WILL get a bunch of ragetells. Also, Use this on your C4 fairy. Using both c4 + both UBGL Nades, and a sundy is burning with ~10 seconds of health remaining.
  2. Targanwolf

I used 4 c-4 on sundy...didn't kill it Returned with 4 more c-4 and killed it
    Was undefended because they thought no one would use 8 c-4).
    WRONG !
    • Up x 1
  3. Trebb

More and more people run with Flak 4-5 these days, so no more OHKs there, even on direct hits. Pre-nerf, thousands of my kills were from the UBGL, especially during crowded bio-lab fights, when you could climb a tree and rain down the pain. Good times (for me, not much fun to get OHKd from above lol).

If I ever unlock the Trac-5 shot directives gun, I'll probably slap the UBGL on it for old times sake, though it really is somewhat useless now, when you factor in the super slow re-stocking on an ammo pack, and the fact that it will take 2+ shots to kill someone.
    • Up x 1
  4. DrBash00

Shotgun.... you need so much time to switch to the shotgun you could knife faster...
    It would be fine if you could FIRE to shotgun instant.... so it would be a REALLY good attatchment.

Ubgl is to weak now.

Smoke, is nearly useless because you can "Q spot" enemys through it...
  5. Nano(zip/zap)

I've used the nade launcher as an engi with a ammo pack to kill at least 2 unguarded sundys before but it takes a long time and only tried it cause I was out nanites for AV mines. Get up in a tower or a little ledge and just kept spamming them down till they blow up. They are far from accurate and their range is touchy, some times too short to blow and sometimes so far away you have to look so far up you can't see where they will land.

IMO they are only really well used as something to support other classes at mid range. Like helping a HA or LA take down a sundy by lobbing a few nades at it or spamming an area with a lot of enemies grouped together like on the points or into doorways.

For the most part with the delay in switching to and from and the lacking damage and accuracy they add a bit of bonus versatility and that's about all. It gives a bit of extra AV and AI damage or the use smoke without taking up the grenade slot.

I'd say smoke only if you need to rush or storm a point and nades if you want to damage anything but only at medium range.
  6. qquqq

ya, the night scope is in a sad state. better than it was, at least now you can use it some times in Hossin and Esmir,
  7. Spankay

Trac-5 Shot has the UBSG attached permanently. Hence the "Shot" part.
  8. Spankay

God, how I miss the old UBGL. I haven't used the T5S in a year and it is still the gun with the most kills. My T5S has more kills than the next top 2 combined.
  9. DxAdder

Smoke is always useful

The Shotgun is like a pump (dont miss)

The UBGL pretty well requires a direct hit to kill and it has an arming distance (I think 10m ?)
  10. lilleAllan

I have the Fortuna which comes with a UB shotgun.

Very useful and very lol. But a bit inconsistent and shielded heavies are a pita.