Thoughts of First day of release - Pretty Bad

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ian_M, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Ian_M

HI people
    I trust people from SOE read this and takes note

Just an an outline of first day issues:

Have real trouble logging into server - its not even busy
    Server is dead due to this I think (Briggs).
    NO GPU Physics with apparently no explanation why.
    The Briggs server situation is dreadful. It was down at peak time - exceptionally bad timing on first day of release.
    It was not busy earlier. Now a struggle to log in.
    Just choosing another sucks. The EU/US server mean extra lag (in Australia).
    Was really thinking of going for station cash at launch for weapons & cannot take them to another server. Really unfair in my opinion. Wont be doing that now I think.

I know its the first day of release but these issues should have all been sorted out in BETA.
  2. FatherJack

Geez wait a day, not making excuses for SOE but welcome to every major MMO release ever......
  3. PharmD

There is GPU physics. I see you have an Nvidia card. Make sure you download the latest beta driver or else it will not work.
  4. Motown

Sounds like all of your problems stem from server issues, which is a terrible reason to judge a game poorly. Give give it a few hours/days, check back to see what you are missing. This is probably the best game I've played in years, and definitely the best Free game on steam.
  5. Ian_M

I know its would not be perfect on the first day.
    Presently got the game started (eventually)
    Created 2 characters. One in AU and another in US WEST server. Cannot Connect to either. Click Play and nothing happens.
    Have the latest nvidia drivers installed - 310.61. Still no GPU Physics as its greyed out.
    Went to www.pingtest.net. My internet connection is perfect according to them so its not that.
    Of course will give them some time to sort out problems.
    Was really looking forward to playing the game again sadly it really sucks.

Time to play I hope.
  6. Jingizu

The launch on EU Werner was as close as flawless as it could get. No login issues, few disconnects and a very smooth running client. I know your mileage may vary, but I had an epic first day.