Thoughts about those weapons on engineers...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ximaster, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Ximaster

I mean the Pandora,the Piston and the Nighthawk. Those autoshotguns steal ammo very quick,so the ideal class for those shotguns is the engineer. I have my Vanu engineer (my main faction) with Pandora and my NC engineer with Piston,i noticed that with Pandora its easyer to manage,or maybe its just me...

With those weapons u need another weapon for long range combat and thats the Blackhand revolver.

So,i have my two engineers totally defensive,but they fail on one thing: they dont have med kits. I have Pandora/Piston as primary weapon,Blackhand as secondary with a x4 scope and darklight (for find stalkers),advanced shield capacitor (making the gameplay as Halo),proximity mines/bouncing bettyes (for perimetral defense) and all other first 15 BR 100 certs per BR to ammo pack and repair gun.

As i said,my two engineers lack of health regeneration,so i need a medic around me for heal me...

But we are talking about those weapons on this class. Unless the enemy have the one hit shotguns,the autoshotguns are the best way to dispatch enemyes quick at close quarters,more tan a normal shotgun.

So,autoshotguns take the first place for my favorite shotguns,later the one hit shotguns (on NC is the Claw and Bruiser) and later normal shotguns. There is a special shotgun that is unique and maybe overpasses the autoshotguns and thats the Jackhammer.

The triple shot mode is more quick than the autoshotguns,making to dispatch any enemy in 1 second.

The one hit shotguns take the second posititon for me caused if u miss a shot,u will have a sure death,so u need good aim. Only veterans should pick a one hit shotgun like NC Claw or Bruiser (i dont know the equivalent names on other factions)

I recommend to pick the Blackhand as secondary if u use a shotgun,or maybe the Commissioner,the two with darklight for find stalkers or hunters. Also i recommend that if u use those autoshotguns,to pick the engineer class,caused steal ammo very quick,so u need to use ur ammo pack for reload.

As for starts like me (restarting to play the game after 1 year) u cant take all the potential of those shotguns,caused u will die,A LOT. But once u start to dominate the game and know how to position or when to advance,u get a lot of kills,including versus the magic button classes,the heavy assaults.

But sometimes i see those weapons on a light assault,making very good for ambush on urban scenarios. But at the end,they will have not such ammo reserves once they kill some guys,so thats the cause that those shotguns need to play as the engineer class.

Never tested Nighthawk,but i swear that have 2 more ammo reserves per reload,or maybe im confused. Thats a fail of my mind,so dont care about it. I have experience about Pandora and Piston and for me,the Pandora is more managing tan the Piston (maybe is caused that shot lasers???) so it take the first position,followed by the Nighthawk (12 ammo reserves if im right) and finally the Piston.

Of course appart of the management of the weapon,is caused my main char is the Vanu faction. So,all Vanu weapons are greater for me.

But all autoshotguns are half the same.

Praise engineers with autoshotguns!!!
  2. Eternaloptimist

I run the Regen implant on all my different classes (except Medic, which has the nanite auto repair). Not an instant heal to full health but works like a resto kit, so handy for recovering to full health if you survive damage.

I'm such a terrible shot with pistols that I have the Emissary as a back up when using a shotgun. The tremendous accuracy and lack of recoil at longer range makes a full auto pistol a better choice for me than a semi auto pistol or burst pistol.

Personally I think all ES shotguns are garbage outside of point blank range but the full auto shotty is the best choice for tower fights in particular. If anything, that makes it more offensive than defensive I think. But generally I run with the NS Baron as it has a slightly tighter pellet spread and therefore has a bit better kill range.
  3. IroncladBomber

Best Shotguns for me are the Havoc, Uppercut, and Nighthawk. All very good on the Engineer, better on LA.