Thoughts about Rebel and Cerberus...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximaster, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Ximaster

I usually pick the Rebel for my NC stalker infiltrator and i usually get kills at cqc and maybe to medium distances,however its horrible at longer distances.

I dont test the Cerberus on Vanu side,but maybe is samething.

There is no equivalent on TR side. And Rebel costs only 250 DBC or 325 certs,making a good choice different from default MagShot.

What do u think about those weapons????
  2. TheSunlikeOne

Everything, besides Birst/Auto Pistols and Revolvers is trash. Personal opinion.
  3. CuteBeaver

Iv always had much respect for players using Cerberus or Rebel.

Cerberus and Rebel are higher skill requirement weapons. Absolutely no question. Sadly these two are often overlooked by stalker enthusiasts. They are decent for ambushing at close quarters and remaining off the mini map using a silencer. Almost like a mini Underboss however with a suppressor perk.

I am a huge fan of suppressors for CQC. While these pistols do not hit as hard, they do have slightly less bloom per shot which keeps them a little more accurate on the move. They do have a higher rate of fire then the UBOSS, while also having significantly more available ammo. Anything that has more ammo is a nice perk for stalkers. However if you often die before running out of ammo then this perk may not be necessary.

Cerberus:
    250 before 8m
    Mag = 10
    Total = 60 Rounds
    DPM: 2500
    (300 RPM)

Rebel:
    250 before 15m
    Mag = 10
    Total = 60 Rounds
    DPM = 2500
    (261 RPM)

Underboss:
    375 before 8m
    Mag = 6
    Total = 42 Rounds
    DPM: 2250
    (220 RPM)

From a Stalkers perspective Rebel and Cerberus work well offering higher potential damage per Mag, and offering additional ammo capacity over something like the Underboss. However they only work well in the range which they were designed.

If the weapons are used beyond the 8 (or 15) meter range they start to loose that DPM bonus and it slides below the revolvers Damage Per Mag. In contrast the Underboss gives a much larger amount of upfront damage and rewards body shots much more then either the Rebel or Cerberus because of short time to kill you simply don't "NEED" to open with headshots. (Obviously you should) Chances are someone going for body shots with an Underboss who has timed an ambush correctly is still going to win. Basically Revolvers simply need less skill to make the same kill then using the ES variants, and to add insult to injury often reach much further out. Even if the Underboss isn't designed to work well beyond 8 meters... because the Underboss has a higher damage per bullet you can cheese it further out. Meanwhile the Rebel and Cerberus need Head shot Openers (HSO) to really shine, and they don't have the luxury of higher damage per bullet to artificially extend their operating range.

Rebel and Cerberus are super specific to their purpose. I would honestly like to see their operating range extended so they could fill either a shadowing play-style or ambushing approach. Right now they are only for Ambushing. In addition with the up coming release of Auxy Shield, I suspect Rebel and Cerberus will need their damage tweaked slightly allowing them to still kill someone wearing Auxy with the same number of bullets IF they opened with a head-shot. However I have not yet seen any news to buff these two weapons by either Wrel or Daybreak... and as of right now they are not in a good place for the Auxy changes especially when you consider Auxy + Nanoweave Heavies will be a very common loadout.

Normally non infil targets would be dead in with a single HSO + Double Tap (or a quick knife). However with the changes adding Auxy Shield, any target wearing Auxy Will require HSO + Triple Tap. This was previous "sloppy" state where the unskilled infiltrator misses their HSO. So its going to "feel" like ambushers are constantly missing their openers if that helps put the changes into perspective.

Example:

Cerberus
    HSO (250 x 2) = 500 DMG
    + Body Shot (250 each) = 750 DMG
    + Body Shot (250 each) = 1000 DMG

Auxy (1050) Enemy still survives with 50 HP meaning it would take 4 shots to kill non infil Auxy target EVEN with HSO.

***Without an HSO your looking at 5 body shots to kill*** Which is going to further push this weapon away from unskilled hands because why would anyone even bother when you can just use a Commy.

Here is the math for Nanoweave (20% reduction turns Cerberus into 200 DMG)

Cerberus
    HSO (250 x 2) = 500 DMG
    + Body Shot (200 BC Nano) = 700 DMG
    + Body Shot (200 BC Nano) = 900 DMG
    + Body Shot (200 BC Nano) = 1100 DMG = Kill

TLDR: Enemy Heavy using Auxy + Nano without using their shield is going to take at a minimum. HSO + Triple Shot. When using Rebel or Cerberus pray they don't activate their NMG. This will not be a fun patch for Rebel and Cerberus users. Double Tap HSO's + Body Finisher will probably be necessary but that can't always be done in live combat. I do not think these pistols will be popular once the patch drops.
  4. Ximaster

Yes,those weapons are good for ambushing,its the only way ive killed when ive played on PC with it.
    So Rebel exchange RPM per damage range while Cerberus exchange damage ranger for RPM,which one u recommend CuteBeaver????
  5. Eternaloptimist

I think the Emperor is the TR equivalent but I can't remember how it's stats compare.

I tried out Underboss, Cerberus, Rebel and Emperor in VR training but I still found that suppressed burst pistols work better for me, especially the Inquisitor with it's big ammo pool and very little recoil.

(I'm not that good a shot with pistols.............)
  6. CuteBeaver

Rebel has a more flexible operating range at 15m almost double the length of the Cerberus 8m.

However does that really matter?

I like the Cerberus for a snappy fire rate which IMO allows for easier double HSO's. I used to enjoy both Cerberus and Rebel because HSO + Knife combo was a thing... HSO + Knife (is currently / was) being the BEST way to execute with the weapon... (Granted the Rebel can double HS for a quick kill up to 15m until the patch drops) However with the Auxy + Nanoweave changes coming its going to boil down to x2 HSO + 1 Body finisher as the quickest way to kill. (Or HS + BS + Quick Knife.) I'm probably biased by being Vanu main though. Honestly it comes down to your own ability to score double headshot openers. If you can do that with a Rebel consistently then obviously it would be the better option because it has 15 meter reach. As you know I like to get close and knife so the lack of reach on Cerby doesn't bother me too much. Thats up to the person using the weapon though. The differences are so minor. Also Reflex is a must have, as it makes it easier to line up your HSO's.
  7. Ximaster

Well,my main was usually NC,but later one day ive read ur comment about needed more stalkers recruits,and since u are Vanu i make a chance to Vanu. I dont test Cerberus,but yet the Rebel. I dont have any idea how the new system works because i dont play to PC anymore,caused im waiting to the Xbox One version. Btw i had other sidearms on Vanu side,like Spiker and Manticore. I like the two equally,maybe a bit more the Spiker and ill make a thread about the Repeater and equivalents. Because there are minor differences between those 3.
  8. RTBM

Cerberus is the most hard hitting faction specific pistol and i like the Cerberus alot. For longer distances you choose the blackhand or comissioner because they have even higher damage and the chance you hit someone on the torso is higher so that's why i would go for higher damage pistols when you go to open arrea's.

As goes for for my favorite Vanu pistol i would definately go for the Manticore sx40 because it's a bit faster than the cerberus
  9. Mefi

That's the only thing I've seen about Cerberus/Rebel:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DBGpatchno...0160720_unofficial_patch_notes_egnahc/d5jg8cs
    • Up x 1
  10. Exitus Acta Probat

I love the reload animation of the Cerberus, and sometimes take it just for that.