Thought this was funny and relevant.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Styrkr, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Styrkr

Just saw this in a Day-Z thread, laughed, and said "Boy, that looks like my biggest cause of death in PS2..."

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. WyrdHarper

Alright this is possible, the camera of your character is also located in your chest, so when you crouch behind cover you are often still exposed and can be hit when you can't see the enemy.
    • Up x 5
  3. Moisture

I can often Count the shots that hit me before I take cover, Know I reacted in time from my perspective and take cover only for the game to go SURPRISE! You are already dead!
    Attempting to take cover is barley worth it
    This games hopes of any "competitive scene" is dead in the water when its currently a South American ISP experience simulator.
    I find this currently state insanely frustrating, a Real Mt Dew drinking, Doritos eating MLG pro would have a nervous breakdown dealing with this.
  4. Latrodectuss

I pretty much never die from being shot while crouching behind something, but getting shot after breaking line of sight and taking nearly three steps around a corner? Oh yeah, that happens all the time.
  5. The Rogue Wolf

Doesn't Planetside 2 actually depend on client-side hit detection? As in, whether or not the other guy hits you depends on where you are on his client when he fires at you, instead of where you are on yours?

A picture is worth a thousand words, so 11:02 of 30FPS video is... a lot more than I'm going to count.

Even the best netcode cannae break th' laws o' physics, Cap'n!
  6. HerpTheDerp

The problem with client-side hit detection is that latency in Planetside 2 is abyssmal and ping of 400-500 is a norm in 64+/64+ battles.
  7. NinjaTurtle

This is one of the things I would love to have an option for
  8. Masterofm

Um..... no. There is a reason why I've exploded before I even saw someone fire a rocket at close range, or I die when I get behind a wall not one second later.