[Thought] NS Pilot has the fastest headshot TTK in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rydenan, Aug 4, 2017.

1. DeadlyOmen

If one weapon hits its target, and the other does not, which is the wrong weapon?
    • Up x 1
  2. DeadlyOmen

By Gehosophat, that works!
  3. Liewec123

ok now i don't even think you're reading.
    because that isn't relevant to what i said, so i'll ask you 2 questions.

question 1:
    2 entirely equally skilled players face off, one has a weapon with much better stats than the other, who wins?

question 2:
    do you still believe stats don't matter?
  4. DeadlyOmen

1. The one that hits their target.
    2. Yes.
  5. Liewec123

they both land an equal number of shots, who wins?
  6. DeadlyOmen

Won't happen.

I am truly curious about this.

Why do you argue so hard for the right to be a victim?
  7. Liewec123

victim? wtf does this have to do with being a victim?
    this is me be being right, and you being wrong, which is why you're trying you're hardest to avoid answer the question,
    we both know the answer so you can stop flopping around.

if 2 equally skilled players face off, and one has a gun with much better stats/more damage HE WINS.

but sure, i hope you're going to put your money where your mouth is and upload a video of you going on massive killstreaks with the candy gun.

we're all waiting for your candygun killstreak video, ball is in your court.
    • Up x 3
  8. Rydenan

"Racist memes"?!

[IMG]

-------

If you need a more concrete answer as to why you're an idiot, allow me:

When a player shoots at another player, there is a bell curve representing the percentage of shots landed on target. The shape and position of the bell varies based on distance and engagement circumstances, but, across a large sample of engagements, the bell centers on the average player accuracy for that weapon. Sometimes a player will land 0% of their shots. Sometimes a player will land 100% of their shots. But both of these scenarios are very uncommon, and when looking at a sample size above 1, these scenarios are statistically insignificant.
    Taking two players of equal skill and pitting them against each other 100 times, they will each begin to develop the aforementioned accuracy bell curve. This means that, in any given engagement, they are both very likely to land something close to their average number of shots on target. In any of these scenarios, the player with the better weapon will have a higher chance of winning, since the player with the worse weapon will need to fall on a much smaller (higher) portion of their bell curve in order to make up for the weapon difference.
    This means that, if the two players have similar average accuracy, across a decent sampling of engagements, the player with the better weapon will win a majority of engagements. It's just simple math.
    • Up x 3
  9. DeadlyOmen

Stopped there.

Insult is the last refuge of an exhausted intellect.

Expressing one's self with pictures of a ****** is reprehensible.
  10. DeadlyOmen

Arguing that an engagement is lost before it starts is the position of a victim.
  11. LordKrelas

If two fighters are equal in skill, and one has a better weapon, if you aren't with the better weapon, You have lost.
    Unless you mean, that one side has to consistently put more effort in, if with the better weapon would also get better results than using the other.
    Which means the Weapon is the deciding factor.

You assume you will always have the God gun of whatever, wait until you are the one needing to put in twice as much work, while being as skilled or better, You won't be saying the Gun's stats have no purpose, point, or value to whom will win a fight.
    Or you are brain dead, but hey.
  12. Ziggurat8

Proverb 26:4

So to get back to the weapon discussion. Just got my hands on the pilot.

It's good, but I still like my emissary as a secondary better. It's great as a stalker but the ammo capacity is pretty rough. Not much room for o-**** moments.

Landing a single burst kill outside of 15m is damn near impossible for me. Gun kicks too much. I either hit the chest and head or I hit the head + miss; pretty much always requiring 2 bursts.

Really not as OP as I was lead to believe and pretty close in performance to the commy. It's better in close, about the same at 15m and the commy eclipses it the further the target.
    • Up x 2
  13. Rydenan

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  14. Liewec123

we're all still waiting on that uncut candygun killstreak vid,
    we all want you to prove your point,
    don't wimp out, don't make excuses, don't change the subject.

provide proof or quit writing dumb s%%t. ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. 007iam

Sorry to detract from the engaging discussion on how powerful a gun is if you miss or hit your target (kek) but I was wondering if anyone here could help me out.

I used the LA3 Desperado for a while and was wondering if it was worth my time picking up the Pilot. They seem to serve a fairly similar role, maybe I'm wrong. I play infiltrator almost exclusively and I'm trying to get me pistol directives done, just wondering if I should nab this or black hand. Thanks in advance.
  16. Ziggurat8

It's good. Easy to get kills with.

Definitely a choice for directives.
  17. Omnissiah

Why are you guys talking to a troll? o_O
  18. stalkish

Its like going to the Zoo?
    • Up x 3
  19. Rydenan

Unfortunately, I don't find it much better than the Desperado in practice, at least against an aware target. Sure, it does a huge amount of damage per burst, but it has insane recoil, poor hipfire (even with the laser sight, which I immediately purchased), and a large CoF. Feels easier to land shots consistently with the Desperado's 2-round bursts and far more manageable recoil. The Desperado divides its magazine into 7 bursts, whereas the Pilot only gives you 4. IMO, this allows you to more easily re-adjust your aim during an engagement, especially when the target is hopping around you in CQC.

Even though the Desperado does less damage per bullet and less damage per burst, it does 1392 DPS to the Pilot's 1470 DPS when multiple bursts are used. And both guns have nearly identical damage per magazine. If you can land shots more consistently with the Desperado, that easily puts it in the lead.

TL;DR: the Pilot shines when your target is unaware. Otherwise, you'll need great aim and extreme trigger discipline in order to secure the kill with the 4-burst magazine.
    • Up x 1
  20. DeadlyOmen

You will never see that video, because:
    1. Gimmicks don't appeal to me.
    2. I am not good enough.