[Thought] NS Pilot has the fastest headshot TTK in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rydenan, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Liewec123

why do you keep asking that? if you miss all of your shots then you do as well as you'd do with any other (non-splash)weapon in the game.

its such a silly question,

its like asking "will vegetables make me healthy if i don't eat them?"
    "will these glasses help me see better if i don't wear them?"
    such a redundant question.
    an uneaten burger is just as healthy as an uneaten vegetable.
    missed shots with this pistol are just as effective as missed shots with any other gun.
    • Up x 4
  2. LordKrelas

It's his counter argument to any idea of a weapon being powerful.
    Since his belief is that the Skill of the user is more important than any stat of the weapon.
    As if skill can turn a one-shot pistol into a splash-capable rocket. Or a 6-shot pistol into a 100-clip SMG.

Aka he's asked it in 5 variants across this thread.
    He wants a 2-burst kill without any need of Skill.
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

But the ignorant never run out of arguments to make because they never were mindful of the logic they needed in the first place.
    • Up x 3
  4. adamts01

I think it's relevant. That gun has insane recoil for a pistol. I'm no pro gamer, but I've found myself doing much better after ignoring stats and going with guns that give you easy hits. The Pilot is tempting for a no-skill infiltrator like myself because it has the power of the revolver but silenced, but it's still a point blank weapon, and I'd take something with better handling any day. I also play on Asia prime time on Connery so there's warping and lagging going on everywhere. In practice I'm just not going to be able to land two full bursts to the chest or one to the head on a bunch of Koreans doing their sidestep dance. Revolvers and Emissary for the win.
  5. CapEnTrade

DB can get away with making NS guns slightly OP because they will sell and no one group will become too upset.
  6. UberNoob1337101

It's merely a statement that can be mildly funny, a lot similar to your posts than you might think. His point is that he doesn't know what your case is, and you can't blame him, you didn't really explain your case (if there is any), because you seem to go in circles and didn't really make a point that wasn't debunked.
    Apparently a meme showing a confused afro-american and that doesn't display him in any negative way or insult him in any way racist way is racist... What?! How? Are you just trying to derail the thread after your point has been debunked?
    • Up x 4
  7. DeadlyOmen

Defending racism, especially as a way to be part of a group that one considers 'in' is indicative of a weak personality.
  8. DeadlyOmen

Exactly.

Therefore, the question is not how powerful a weapon is, but how it is used.
  9. UberNoob1337101

Thinking almost everything is racist, especially in a constructive discussion and completely derailing topics is indicative of a person who wants to pull a race card to discredit someone's opinion when no constructive replies are possible for whatever reason. Seen it in real life, not impressed with petty insults and no arguments whatsoever.

I'm not exactly in a "group" either. Told you at least two times I don't condone it and I don't support it in any way.
    Poor argument. Of course, if a bad player plays against a top-tier one, he's going to get wrecked no matter what, but much more commonly, people are of roughly similar skill level, where at most one person merely out-edges another by a little. In these scenarios gear comes into question : how powerful it is, how accurate it is, how easy it is to use etc.

Imagine if you put two people of equal skill against each other, give one a 1911 and the other one a fully loaded M1 Abrams. Which one will win? The dude with much more powerful equipment, aka the M1 Abrams guy. If skill is roughly equal, then power of the weapon definitely matters a lot.
    • Up x 3
  10. Liewec123

no,
    you're focusing on misses and not on hits, it's true that if you miss all of your shots it will do just as well as every other weapon,
    but if you land 5 shots with a beamer, your target lives, if you were using this gun however, the target would be dead.
    skill didn't cause their death, because they'd live if you were using a different pistol, stats killed them.
    you're insane if you don't think stats are a huge factor.
    • Up x 3
  11. DIGGSAN0

you are right...however your statement proofs that there is some "Inbalance" between Weapons in this game
  12. Ziggurat8

Yup. Every weapon should have exactly the same stats with different weapon skins. It's the only way to achieve perfect balance.
  13. LordKrelas

Obviously.
    You do realize there is a middle ground correct? Oh right, you do.
    Every weapon need not be identical, but no weapon should be the superior option in every case.
    Do not attempt to use the idea of "Everything must be identical since Imbalance must not be seen then!".
    As dear lord.

Weapons in PS2, are sidegrades. Or are meant to be.
    Commissioner is presently the best high-damage weapon in its class.
    It is now outdone in close-quarters by a Burst-Pistol that bests every single burst pistol.

The NS series, has superior weapons in sidearms, which eclipse all other options.
  14. Ziggurat8

It's the SOE model for releasing new weapons. Most PS2 vets should be used to it.

DBG used to release underpowered weapons then buff them accordingly. That probably doesn't sell very well though. Expect a month or 2 of OPness then it gets balanced.

A game with every weapon the same would suck but it's the only way to truly achieve perfect balance. You can tweak to your hearts content but there will always be a "best tool for the job" if they aren't all the same.
  15. LordKrelas

I am aware.

That's the idea. However, not for an entire weapons class.
    The Commissioner is the best pistol in its class of sidearms.
    The Pilot will be the best pistol in its class of sidearms: Burst-style pistols.

Rather than the best tool, being the class, with variants of how they achieve this, it's the one singular weapon doing it the best in all aspects.
    Besides perhaps Ammo for the Pilot, which isn't much given Ammo printer, and the few times you'll suffer from ammo loss.
    Due to stopping power.
  16. DeadlyOmen

Why make a decision to lose the fight before the fight starts?
  17. DeadlyOmen

Why would one make a decision to lose a fight before the fight starts?
  18. LordKrelas

You mean by picking the wrong weapon?
    As if one gun is meant to be the only option, there is no point in any other sidearm if all are inferior in every aspect.
  19. Ziggurat8

You guys are talking to the fortune cookie?

Weird.

You must get a lot of strange glances at the restaurant.

You're supposed to read the fortune cookie and go...huh...that's obvious, huh... thats dumb, or you say "in bed" and have a laugh.
    • Up x 1
  20. Cirena

[IMG]
    • Up x 8