[Thought] NS Pilot has the fastest headshot TTK in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rydenan, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Rydenan

I was just trying out the NS Pilot on PTS, and saw that it has the ability to one-click-kill with headshots out to ~20m. Since the burst RPM is 750, that means the TTK is 0.16 seconds, beating all primary weapons (other than pump-action shotguns and bolt-action sniper rifles, of course. The NSX Yumi has a 0.04s faster headshot ttk, but only after the charge-up delay.) Faster even than the battle rifle's "bread 'n butter" 2-headshot kill, and out to a longer range to boot.

During the heat of a firefight, achieving that TTK might be harder, but a stalker infiltrator can just sit around and wait for the perfect shot, then ez click-2-kill. With the option to equip a silencer on top of it.

Kinda crazy for a sidearm, right?
  2. LordKrelas

"It'll sell like a God however"
    • Up x 1
  3. Campagne

It's definitely good, but I don't know about "crazy."

With its recoil I imagine it would be quite difficult to achieve the three-headshot-kill all the way out at 20 meters, (or at least I have troubles with the recoil.) A silenced Rebel is quite a beefy headshoter for stalkers, as is the Blackhand for those extreme-range (for a pistol) double-taps.
  4. FLHuk

Sell like a mofo then down rate it after a couple of months, repeat.

Working as intended.
    • Up x 2
  5. JobiWan

I've been using it a lot the last week or so, mainly as stalker infil. Yes it's good but I don't think it's OP. It requires good aim especially against moving targets.

It's also very unforgiving if you miss completely or miss the headshot. You have three bursts to take down your enemy and if you fail, you're pretty much dead.
    • Up x 1
  6. 1Tap2Tap

In butt-touching range the NS-45 Pilot is indeed powerful with a straight tap to the head.

It´s downsides are:

- uninterruptable, high recoil, 3x burst fire with low fire rate and low muzzle velocity (it´s really difficult to make all your bullets hit, especially the head, if your target is moving horizontally and/or is more than ~15 meters away)

- low mag size (you can only shoot four times before reloading)

- high damage drop off

This translates to "instakill your unaware target in CQC-ambush-style and disappear unrecognized or, failing to do that, die horribly".

As you said, it is quite a capable Stalker weapon, but in my opinion it´s not straight up "better" than for example the NS-44 Commissioner.

It´s just...different.
    • Up x 3
  7. Liewec123

i compare it to a shotgun:
    • both are close range weapons
    • both have the potential to kill in 2 clicks without requiring headshots,
    • both deal 600 dmg per click,
    • both have a max damage range of 8 meters

unlike a shotgun however:
    • it can be suppressed,
    • can be ADSed to hit targets at much further ranges,
    • has waaay less RNG due to a much tighter CoF and not relying on pellet spread
    • ITS A SIDEARM. (useable by stalkers)

infact the only downside is the mag size, but even then, it still gives you 4 "shots",
    other than that, the pistol beats the shotgun in pretty much every way...and its a sidearm.
    • Up x 2
  8. DeadlyOmen

How good is it if you miss, or if the other guy gets the drop?
  9. Rydenan

Well, it has 2400 damage/magazine, so even going for bodyshots only, you can miss half your shots and still get the kill.

Unfortunately I'm out of town and away from my PC, so I haven't been able to try it on live yet. (I didn't even realize it had gone live, because no internet, lol.) I'll have to do so before I can make any real conclusions on the gun.
  10. DeadlyOmen

Yes, but how good is the weapon if none of the rounds hit?
  11. LordKrelas

What kind of bloody question is that?
    If none of the rounds hit, it doesn't matter what bloody gun.
    The entire point is the rounds hitting, and the likely-hood of it; Which is a lot better than not hitting the target even once.

Like Dear lord.
    • Up x 4
  12. Liewec123

pretty awesome. it hits as hard as 2 fully upgraded hacksaws if none of the rounds hit.
    powerful eh?
    its even as strong as 90 rounds from an anchor AP prowler if none of the rounds hit!
    • Up x 4
  13. DeadlyOmen

The weapon is pretty awesome if it doesn't hit its target?
  14. DeadlyOmen

It is not a question. It is a statement.

A weapon is only as good as its user, proportional to the ability of its target to achieve beneficial engagement solutions.

Looking at numbers and deciding upon a pre-ordained outcome is a path to defeat.
  15. FLHuk

And if you add a mouse script to that user using the weapon who gets the girl?
  16. Rydenan

DeadlyOmen uses the CandyCannon exclusively, because weapon stats do not matter.
    • Up x 3
  17. Liewec123

you asked a silly question, i gave a silly answer!
    if you miss, its just as good as every other weapon if you miss. ;)
    • Up x 1
  18. StaHoo33

And then when you divide it by bread and add pinch of salt do unicorns will move South when meltdown starts?
  19. DarkStarAnubis

Yes, of course ...so for you it makes no difference a CQC fight with an NS-AM7 Archer or a Sirius SX-12 as primary :eek: ?
    • Up x 1
  20. DeadlyOmen

Of course it makes a difference.

Who is hitting and who is missing? The one hitting is the superior weapon. Thinking otherwise is chosing to lose before beginning.