Those WDS points...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AzureKnight, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzureKnight

On average, it seems most small areas take about 3-5 minutes to cap and average 4-6 WDS points. Whereas biolabs, tech plants and amp stations give a lot of points, the battles in such are drawn out, some lasting 45 minutes or longer. I see their average being 30-50 points.

If the plant I'm at is going to take about 45 minutes to cap thanks to a zerg fight, and I'll only get 30-50 points from it, wouldn't it just be better of me to run to all those smaller areas and get points for them? In 45 minutes I could capture or be a part of 10-15 small base captures. At an average of 4-6 points, that means I'm getting 40-90 points versus the 30-50 I'd get staying at that 45 minute zerg fight. On top of that, if I notice the major base is about to be capped, within the final minute or two I can respawn or fly to said location not only getting the points on the smaller bases, but major base as well.

In theory, when a place gets a lot of points it will attract a large fight, but when a large base in under siege, that's generally where people stay and in the end, others just run around capping areas with no fight and reaping huge rewards for themselves and their faction while doing almost nothing in comparison. Platoons don't act on smaller places getting capped because they're generally not considered worth it, or they'll say they'll get it back after the large base. Diverting resources to prevent caps usually takes too long and you end up losing two places.

It's no wonder my platoon of 48+ earlier tonight capped an entire continent where most fights had 1-24 enemies...
    • Up x 1
  2. DQCraze

The problem is the zergs are avoiding each other and just capping everything. I just see people back capping behind the zerg, no one is defending.
    • Up x 1
  3. JesNC

Certs?

Or (aghast!) fun?

It baffles me that people are really that fixiated on getting 3x single use camos.
    • Up x 1
  4. AzureKnight

Some people do get fixated on the rewards so they're run around ghost capping. But on the global level, it still makes sense to cap areas in the fashion I described. You'll accumulate points much faster for your faction if you hit more smaller point bases in the same time it takes you to cap a larger base in most cases. And with the smaller bases bases now accumulating up to, what, 25 points, it only further encourages a massive zerg to run towards those, capping all the small areas and avoiding the largest fights simply because they're easier to attack.
  5. DG-MOD-02

Please keep discussion on the WDS in the main thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.