This weekends has been a disaster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AceMF, Mar 17, 2013.

1. AceMF

The declining performance of this game has been atrocious.

You should be embarrassed for even putting this out in the condition it is in.

Fix the FPS NOW!
    • Up x 14
  2. teks

/ragequit
    • Up x 5
  3. ACE McFACE

Never experienced any problems this weekend
    • Up x 2
  4. Tekuila

Lucky you.
    • Up x 16
  5. FigM

For me, the game plays like I have 500-1500 ms ping. That's in addition to all the bugs like being unable to repair for 1-2 minutes, and fps drop to 5-10 after 1 hour of playing. Even typing something in chat makes it appear half a second later.

It seems like some people aren't getting the lag, but some do. I tried pinging "Connery (US West): 64.37.174.140"
    I don't know if that IP is correct, but response from it is 90 ms average.

I really wish SOE had policy of patch rollbacks. It's just too painful to play. And I bet any new player who downloaded this game and decided to give it a try this weekend would quit in frustration within 5 minutes. It's just not playable with the 500-1500 ms response time
    • Up x 3
  6. Zarth

It's annoying. and why are vehicles worth so much exp... It just puts too much pressure on vehicles to perform.

I liked this game 3 months ago a lot. It's gotten better in some ways but too many things annoy the **** out of me.
    • Up x 2
  7. WycliffSlim

They're trying to give people more incentive to take out armor... I personally like it and after double XP is over it should calm down some. I think they figure that since the average tank takes a lot more effort/time to take out than it should be worth more than just killing 2 or 3 regular soldiers. Although... I did get over 2K exp from taking out a Lib with 2 extreme menaces in it today. xD
    • Up x 1
  8. AceMF

I think he plays on the empty barren aussie server . yeah no problems there
    • Up x 1
  9. HLM

Nope, same issues there.

Besides, I don't think the server has anything to do with it. It's the core game that's broken (in more ways than one, right, right?)
    • Up x 5
  10. LahLahSr

1. V-triggered voice commands being played a full 3-5 seconds after the button push
    2. Healing-meter going full - but only 3 seconds later does it register with the "patient"
    3. Getting "shot around the corner" and dying 6-8 paces after cover should block the shots
    4. Repair-status on vehicles indicating incorrectly and bouncing back after they indicated full health - self-health meters doing the same for medics when using the area-heal ability
    5. Using E to interact with vehicles, turrets etc. is exceptionally sluggish.
    It begs the question about their overall quality assurance approach - particularly when it comes to performance. This game has a rather embarrassing track record when it comes to "upgrades".
    • Up x 9
  11. Gary

Yes, we have had some lagging related issues on the servers... However you cannot expect them to test to the extent of live servers.. as a community we have way more players who play much more and have more time to go hunting for bugs resulting in more findings.. Issues related to Lag or even FPS drops due to huge amount of players combined with trying new optimization might seem well on a smaller scale QA server but then released to the massive live player base issues pop up.

It is to be expected that some problems will come up. However yes the lag was a big problem. Strange i found it went on Esamir or Amerish :)
  12. AceMF

yes , yes I can expect that. the fact that you don't is the exactly the kind of mediocrity I don't tolerate.

I think it's some kind of generational thing.

young kids see war , declining economies, and environmental catastrophe and think "things are SUPPOSED to be all screwed up, it's gonna be OK"

well kids this game is messed up , doesn't have to be this way.

STOP FOOLING AROUND AT MLG AND TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER BASE
    • Up x 6
  13. phreec

The hotfix bumped my performance from atrocious back to terrible but the insane LAG where you get hitmarkers a solid second after shooting a guy and rep/medtools doing jack sh** has been a disaster indeed...
  14. Peebuddy

Well they're adding a beta server so hopefully they can test patches out before hand on more people than those at the office
  15. ericcoutinho

This game is completely broken, unplayable, unfortunatelly.
    There are 4 or 5 days that i can barely "play" (seeing landscapes or walking around).
    This game is awesome... working. Not this way.

Now i understand why there's not so much people playing it.
    • Up x 2
  16. McChimperson

Pff everything works awesome for me since this last update. Stutter is gone and framerates doubled after I deleted userOptions.ini but having an old computer (Q8400 + GTX260) might have something to do with it. I've been hearing similar things from other people with old setups.

THE TABLES HAVE TURNED. THE WALRUS HUNTERS ARE NOW THE WALRUS HUNTED.
  17. Veri

Have to wonder what kind of systems these people are running.
    Would expect an high end i3, with a GTX650 and 8GB RAM to cope with this game at medium settings at 1080p.

My system may not be high end by it runs the game fine on high settings.
    Running the game at ultra is not an option on my system.
  18. ericcoutinho

That's not about our PC, man.
    That's the broken game.
  19. Arbite

I like this game and have a lot of fun with my friends in it. I am a member and have a boost. Most of the time, I have a lot of fun and laughs opposing the masses as TR. However, I was really disappointed this weekend and wasn't able to play more than an hour combined because of all the performance issues. I really wanted some more certs. Now all I have to hope for is someone to read this that cares about my opinion.
  20. ROCKFIISH

Having the same issues, tried new drivers and deleting userconfig. nothing is helping, I kept thinking it was just a few of us because of people saying the game plays fine, but connery was completely unplayable today. Anyways I want this game to get better and to be popular, but my hopes are waning with how things have been this week.
    • Up x 1