This statement really angers me.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ironeddie, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironeddie

"Members Only Double Experience Weekends!
    As a thank you to our loyal members starting this week, double XP weekends once a month starting now! Thanks again, we couldn’t make this game without you guys!"

I've been playing since beta. Bought alpha squad at the end of beta and dumped hundreds of pounds into this game since. Because I've enjoyed the game and wanted to support it. I've been a tad annoyed anyway about members getting this extra benefit. But now I really feel unappreciated. Soe certainly couldn't have made this game without me or the people like me who don't bother with membership but still have massively contributed.

Never mind. Whilst this is still my favourite fps i'm standing it down as my primary game. I'll be over in elder scrolls online. Just coming here when I need to scratch my fps itch.
  2. Wezdor

Haha. TESO is the largest money grab i've ever seen, enjoy your stay there because i sure didn't.
    • Up x 5
  3. Captain Kid

I already bought SC, I don't do subscriptions AND a cash shop.
    • Up x 3
  4. ironeddie

you played beta? I didn't. Doesn't seem to me like a money grab. The initial purchase cost is maybe a little high but a lot of new games are charging over £40 these days. Subscription cost isn't huge.
  5. Ronin Oni

Their membership has dropped...

they're trying to add value to it to get more people to sub

I'm already planning to go SOE All Access come April plan changes.
  6. Killerdude8

lol
    You're going over to TESO?
    Have fun with the most mediocre RPG in the last 5 years.

But I have to agree somewhat, I've spent quite a bit of money in this game, Yet I get no special bonuses or nifty things like the Members do..

They should give you perma bonuses based on your total amount spent, Maybe something every 50$.
    • Up x 6
  7. NinjaTurtle

I agree people that spend money buying SC should be rewarded also.

SOE would probably have to do it on a month by month basis with a threshold limit whereby SC purchases would equal that same months membership in value to qualify for that months 2x xp. In other words you need to spend at least equal that month to what a membership for that month would have cost.

Just for the record I am an Auraxium member and I feel my SC purchase only comrades should be included in this one benefit
    • Up x 2
  8. EmmettLBrown

TESO? The only Elder Scrolls game that you had to pay extra to play as an Imperial? Good luck with that.
    • Up x 1
  9. ChipMHazard

• Up x 2
  10. Aegie

Yeah, I have spent more on this game than any AAA title but I guess I'm not appreciated because I will not endlessly put money into the game in the form of an everlasting subscription.

So, what exactly is stopping me and all the other disloyal players from just avoiding the current members only 2x XP weekends? Nothing I guess.

I get that members need incentives to continue membership- very well, in fact, as I have been a member myself before and for quite a few months. That being said, I think this is a bad way to go about doing it because really it just reminds all the non-current member players of the inequality and that is a turn off.

Bottom line, without all the (currently) free playing players the game would lack content and then no one would be interested in a membership because the game would be boring.

If you want to make membership more enticing you could just increase the already existing bonus XP percentage or increase the monthly SC amount. For that matter, you could offer daily memberships or weekend memberships for a price- of course, a lot of people will only pick those up for the 2X members only weekends but that would probably result in more profit in the long run than the expectation that more people will purchase monthly memberships for the one weekend a month they get (an additional) 2x bonus. You also would not run the risk of making members feel like they are missing out on benefits by not being able to play (the primary reason I dropped my membership).

"Oh look, another members only 2X XP weekend and I will be _______ so I cannot even play- why am I paying for a monthly subscription again when I always miss out on the benefits?"
    • Up x 2
  11. bPostal

Keep calm and upgrade.
    • Up x 8
  12. ironeddie

Well I need a break from ps2 actually from shooters in general. I was a full on lotro players for years before ps2. So I want to get back into an rpg and I love the elder scrolls world. I'm enjoying eqn landmark but want to do more than craft. EQN is however the rpg i'm most excited about.

anyway to be on the point of the thread. I don't understand why the devs are pushing membership so hard. Especially as it ignores the people who still pay in but are not members. And also considering this is a f2p game why the focus on members.

Wonder is f2p isn't making enough money or there's been a policy change at soe. Dunno just irks me when I've put in quite a bit.
  13. DashRendar

I played TESO Beta, and I won't bother buying it. I'll play it when it goes F2P.

I am a Planetside 2 subscriber, and have been for almost a year.
    • Up x 1
  14. K2k4

Why go there when you could have the best of BOTH worlds. You could be paying your $15.00 monthly to SOE for their new all access pass which will get you EQNext, EQNL, and a plethora of other RPG's. TESO looks like it would just piss me off because it's a 'not quite' skyrim where they sacrificed the things I loved about the game to make a huge cash grab (not even made by Bethesda btw's)
  15. Wezdor

I played beta on two of the weekends they had. It was the most boring MMO experience i've had. Then i looked at the business model.

Let's just say it looked pretty bad through out, but having to pay extra in a limited time to play one of the races was just completely absurd.
    • Up x 1
  16. ironeddie

No it's made by bethesda's parent company.

I can't get the all access pass or rather it's wouldn't be worth it because I'm an EU player. I play ps2 through a station account because I was in beta. I play landmark through a station account because that's the only way. But for EQN I will be forced to use a pro7 account. Believe me if I could have EQN through my station account I would buy the all access pass. It would be worth it for me then.
  17. RadarX

As this has gotten a little off topic we do need to close it. We understand non-members may be frustrated they aren't getting a double xp, but we will continue to do general double xp in the future. Our members will get a monthly one as part of their membership.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.