[Suggestion] This is why I am done with PS 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InNocEnTNO, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Savadrin

So you're already engaged and pissed about losing to multiple vehicles? Bruh, you're playing the wrong game after all, that's the POINT of PlanetSide. OTOH if you lose 1v1 to a Harasser in a 2/2 MBT it's fully and completely on you.

I'm not speaking to the sound mixing, but as far as headsets go:

https://www.amazon.com/MuveAcoustics-Drive-Wired-Earbud-Headphones/dp/B01N79G14B/

that's $10 for some ear buds that weigh nothing and cost nothing, and easily give you enough sound to function properly.

Speaker users ARE at a disadvantage, but I'm not sure how that's relevant to gameplay. Are we going to start talking about nerfing **** due to people's trash sound systems? That's all brand new to me.
  2. adamts01

I'd take a 2 hit kill for the 1 clip Vulcan. I'm a huge fan of the glass canon Harasser. CAI absolutely destroyed the vehicle game.
  3. #MakePS2GreatAgain

I agree that a harraser is WAY too tanky, MBT's should take it down in 3 shots any day! Especially AP.

I've almost quit because of the Vulcan.

I'm DONE with the Vulcan! that is the bane of anythings existence! Infantry, Tanks and air if hes doing a bombing volley. NOTHING beats it except numbers, plain and simple! Someone tried to tell me that the BoomBox wins every time but that is a straight up lie because they can simply keep the distance because it has great distance for a spray and pray! That thing should not be able to take down a Lightning in 6-8 seconds. Halberd will win ONLY if you have skill AND fight on a frozen lake, but a decent driver wont let that happen; Favoring the gun that requires only a mouse button and half a brain to operate.
  4. TRspy007

Dude I've been playing this game since beta, and I can safely say that I have never been C4ed by dudes sneaking up inside harassers. They are pretty loud, especially with turbo, and they're just to clunky to not notice. If you really were paying attention to your surrounding, the guys in the harasser would be shredding you with their mounted weapon. I agree harassers need a bit of tweaking (make them 3 shot kills again lower the damage output of certain weapons) but not for the reason you said.

Try pressing T while you're reloading to check your surroundings a bit. Place a spitfire down also, even some mines where vehicles could sneak up if you think you're gonna be camping for a while. You could also get a secondary gunner that does their job properly (if u use MBT).

Also the claim that if you hit the harasser with a shot they still have too much health left is true, but once you've spotted them and landed a shot on them, why/how would they have time to C4 your tank? I main TR, and even when I'm in a DEPLOYED prowler, I can run away in a second if I spot danger. Also the harassers aren't INVINCIBLE their main advantage is mobility. So if the guy continues towards you to C4 you for some reason, that's his death wish, you should be able to neutralize him before he gets out and C4s you...?? Or at least have started to move away from them.

As for the one shot kill knives, yeah it is annoying to die to a mongoloid, but they have pretty loud activation and decloaking sounds, so that a warning. (I listen to metal while gaming usually, so I don't always hear them) but usually I can see my surroundings and kill them before they knife me, I'm more annoyed at being sniped by infils than the occasional knifing. Also these knifes do have a massive delay compared to other knifes, and if they were 2 shot kills, that would kill the purpose.

I don't really understand how you can say you're DEFENSELESS against such stupid methods of getting killed, honestly tell us what server you play on because I haven't seen that sort of gameplay in years. Of all the things that you could've called planetside 2 out for, those are probably the last things I ever expected.....then again, you're NC so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Just TK that harasser before it TKs you next time.
  5. Demigan

1: I am good because if you read the story I dont miss shots that often against Harassers. But what you are asking is unfair. You cant expect the average player to play above average to defend themselves.
    And as I already said the situation is unfair as well if its git gud based. If the Lightning is superiorily skilled the Harasser still stands a chance to escape and fight another day, perhaps pick off the Lightning when its otherwised engaged or damaged or picking another target. If the Lightning is less skilled it is automatically killed by the Harasser. So the battle HAS to be slated in favor of the Lightning.

2: as has been explained in most "I think I'm UP/someone else is OP based on my experience so it must be true" threads this is a terrible way to balance things. We cant expect everyone to play like you.
    And speaking of playing like you, I hope you have different characters as well as your claim of being well able to hit them falls short if you look at your low accuracy and vehicle KPH. It really doesnt make your story believable if you proclaim to be good but score so bad.

3: yes skill does matter, but that doesnt mean that skill should allow players to defeat some things almost on automatic in sone vehicles. Lime the Valk rocketlauncher being able to safely hang above tanks in fights, including big fights where all of a sudden those mythic "cant approach big fights cus AA" fall flat, and murder them mercilessly without the tanks being able to do anything and anyone pulling AA just nerfs themselves and makes himself an easy target for everything else.

As for the "not convinced Vulcan is OP". It is quite literally the easiest Harasser weapon to use and get power, its used 3x more than any other Harasser weapon and despite this still scores significantly better than any other Harasser weapon.

How is that NOT OP?
  6. Badman76

lol, its only Tr guys who think the Harasers are fine the way they are, they don't have to face the Vulcan!
  7. InNocEnTNO

Funny you always have an explanation for something I did not say...

But live your dream...

8. Skraggz

OP you talking about this? If so, it don't matter how tanky a harasser is, you got out played and never land a single shot

Happens at 4:56

Not my video Just so we are clear.
  9. InNocEnTNO

Really? Outplayed? You call that outplayed???

They rammed me twice, nearly flipping my MBT with a freaking buggy and that did no damage to it...

A heavy, bulky MBT is nearly flipped and the buggy takes no damage, that is beyond stupid

Ramming them also didn't do anything but almost flipped me...

You can talk crap all you want, but that is not outplayed, that it them taking advantage of the crappy balance state the harasser is in right now...

10. Skraggz

Yes, outplayed. You landed not a single shot. Outplayed. They took damage for ramming, just not enough in your eyes. While I agree you shouldn't have flipped a bit, they shouldn't insta gib for ramming you. They landed shots and got close enough to c4 you. That's not talking crap. That's a clear sign of outplayed.

What is unbalanced about harasser atm that would have changed that fight to your favor? Them killing theirselves for touching your tank? I mean it's hard to even believe your saying that when you didn't land a single round. Even your top gunner failed, he should have noticed them before you.

Stay mad my dude, live in that denial.
  11. VeryCoolMiller

i agree with the opener that both 1 one shot knife and harasser are toxic mechanics.
  12. InNocEnTNO

Hit a shot when a buggy ram flips your tank... I dare you!

13. Skraggz

Again I said it shouldn't do that, there is something wrong with physics and weight. That said, what about before that and after... you cant touch balance based on your situation. I agree that 3-4 shots on a fast hard hitting unit is to much, but you didn't AGAIN land a single one. You cant speak on balance in this instance.
  14. InNocEnTNO

I am not saying I hit every shot, every time.

But let's go back to the footage, my first shot missed, cause I little ding from that buggy was able to rock my ~60 ton MBT

My second shot hit! Never the less, even if I landed my first, I would still need at least 2-3 more shots (cause they were repairing) to take it down. Do you see any scenario I would have the time to do that, where they would not have the time to put c4 on my tank?

Now let's talk about that second ram... they were slowing down and yet, it nearly flipped my tank doing nothing to the harasser...

Let's check out a real world situation of car meets tank -

A two seater buggy, even armored and with a turret of some kind would weigh SIGNIFICANTLY less than any main battle tank.
    Making ramming in this fashion very dangerous for the harasser, not the other way around.

And for all of you, who claim you never got C4rd like this, consider yourselves lucky, as you never met a coordinated crew like we did.

Maybe you do not play enough in a tank (I only play tank, sometime infy) or maybe you are on a different server, but it is logical that a buggy should be afraid of a tank, not the other way around....

15. Skraggz

Pretty sure I am on the same page as you here.... Not sure if you're missing this or not, I am not arguing the fact it nearly flipped you. I said that was wrong.

I counted no hits on target unless it was compiled in the ram damage they took. Nonetheless 1 round shouldn't kill a harasser, but I don't think it needs 4 to do so as well. That said.... You still got outplayed here, it happens to everyone, it is ok to admit it...
  16. fuzzbuzzputty

The last time I played I was knifed by an infil whilst I was at a vehicle terminal, sniped and also run over by a harasser inside a base.

I wondered again if I’m just playing this game so sweaty, try hards can get their lame, easy kills and pretend that they are good players and I lost the will to keep playing. If I wasn’t in an outfit I doubt I’d play at all.
  17. InNocEnTNO

Pause/Play the video at the second shot... I did hit, the damage they took was from my shot...

Outplayed refers to a situation when somebody does better because of skill, that situation was simply ridiculous due to the facts I explained previously.

I will not admit it, cause the video only proved my point. The harasser is in a very bad balance state right now...

Doesn't matter though, not playing anymore, returned to battlefield again and I will not return to PS 2 until I will find out, that this has been fixed.

Getting outplayed doesn't bother me, getting c4rd by light assaults doesn't bother me, killed by liberators, lock-ons, mines, even, when my tank flips on terrain, that doesn't bother me. Because there are ways you can effectively defend yourself most of the time.

But this, bothers me, because you are basically defenseless and that is frustrating.

That makes it impossible to enjoy the game.

I will not be returning to this forum or thread anymore. Thank you all for your input whether you agree or not.

Have fun in the game, I do hope you will be lucky enough not to experience this crap.

Shame though... I really like PS2 :( Goodbye :)

18. Skraggz

They didn't take spike damage, their unit health dropped over a rate of time. Regardless, dont own up to it's fine, dont bother me either way if you wanna throw your hands up in the air and rage quit. Just know there is a video out there that disproves your claims, and shows that you rather be childish about the situation.