[Suggestion] This is why I am done with PS 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InNocEnTNO, Jul 19, 2019.

1. InNocEnTNO

Done, uninstalling

While the gameplay itself is very good, the game lacks balance, not talking about faction balance, that is fine.
    I am talking about harraser c4, cloak one shot knife and so on.

Having a nice time playing? Do not worry, there will 100% be a c*nt cloaked around the corner ready to knife you, or a harasser ready to put c4 on your tank and you can't do a damn thing about it... No way to fight back

I am not saying that these options should be removed, but for f**k sake, give them a weakness!
    Why does it take 4 vanny titan shots to kill a harasser... a freaking buggy!!! Your MBT is easily taken out by a buggy and there is no defense, even if you have a gunner, unless you shoot the guy out from the back of the harasser and that is not happening 99% of the time.

Cloaked knife? Ok, but at least give it a delay or 2 shots at least or something..
    Harasser C4? Ok, but make it noisy, so you can hear it from a little distance, not when it "turbos" by you... or something.

Getting killed like this is not an issue, but the defenseless feeling about it, that makes it frustrating beyond everything.

And frustrating gameplay is not for me...

cya... or not
    • Up x 1
  2. Badman76

I do agree the Harassers are a little too tanky, Especially the Tr minigun harassers with composite armour
    • Up x 1
  3. DarkStarAnubis

If you manage to get killed often by a cloaked Infiltrator with a noisy power knife most likely PS2 is not the game for you I agree, but that has nothing to do with balance.

Cloaked Infiltrators look for wounded, distracted, stationary, isolated players because they can't fight multiple enemies at the same time (there are a few exceptions to that but those are rare and far between).

So adjust your play-style accordingly and you'll never be killed by one of those pesky stalkers.
    • Up x 2
  4. Savadrin

This is lol. Get a ******* headset bro, harassers are loud as ****.

If your tank is 2/2 you can kill us in 25% of the time it takes to kill you. ESPECIALLY in a Vannie.

If you can't be bothered to PAY ATTENTION to your surroundings while tunneling on an infantry farm then you deserve the C4. Try putting down a spitfire turret or any of the other counters that exist if you had half the SA of the harassers killing you.

I mean legit, we only C4 as a meme on the most unaware players.

C4

Nightmare
    • Up x 1
  5. TR5L4Y3R

sry but both knifing and c4 requires to touch your but ... like if you aren´t aware someone is right next to you ... well tough ...
    i got knifed and c4´ed ... but i also killed knifers and c4´ers ... and t-bagged them ... even if i died after the t-bag ...
    • Up x 1
  6. InNocEnTNO

Wrong, even those with normal knives can one shot kill you... and I am talking about those, that rush into crowds and/or sit behind a corner waiting till you walk up to them. Or even those, that run around a sunday spawn killing... they don't care if they get 0 or 10 kills, they just wanna do that stuff....
  7. InNocEnTNO

Also wrong... if a harasser idles behind you from speed, you will not hear a thing and even if you do, let's say you hit your shot, they still have a lot of HP and time to put c4 on your tank...

I pay attention to my surroundings a lot, more than anybody, trust me...

But I get you defend this, as it's your kind of gameplay...
  8. Demigan

The only thing I agree with is that Harassers need to be a 3-shot kill again. They are waaay to tanky. Yesterday it took me almost 8 hits to kill a single one because the Engi was repairing in the back. 8 freaking shots with a Lightning AP! If it was anywhere else but Esamir they would have escaped 3 times over by that time. I got them in the end as the Engi got killed by my teeny tiny AOE and the repairs finally stopped.

Maaaybe the knives could be louder. I use default audio settings instead of purposely tweaking my audio settings to make such sounds more audible but you should be able to hear them regardless, that was the point of the active noise state of them.
    • Up x 5
  9. Savadrin

Putting ellipses after your sentences doesn't give them greater weight...

And no, you categorically DO NOT pay more attention than ANYBODY if you're getting enough C4 to quit the game...

(buy a good headset and turn up your game sounds, spin your turret every once in a while when you're just sitting still you ****ter)

• Up x 1
  10. Savadrin

1) How many misses in between hits, because it matters

2) It's 3v1 at that point so you know exactly where this one is going, lol

But we've done this all before ;)
  11. TR5L4Y3R

doesn´t matter, harrasser should be 3 hits again or/and slightly increased nanitecost ...
    this thing can take 4 shots like a lightning from the rear and has the ability to be passively and actively repaired
    were the lightning or any other nonrumbleseatvehicle have only passive repair from engineers ..
    • Up x 2
  12. Savadrin

Composite is the trade for stealth, which means said harasser becomes visible at a really long distance automatically. No sneaking up on you.

Being actively repaired is the benefit of having a second player involved, in the example used perhaps even a third. How would you fare with a second Lightning and/or 1-2 people repairing you?

edit: INB4 nanite costs which are only relevant if you are terrible or unlucky.
  13. TR5L4Y3R

why is that that 2 or 3 people chose the harrasser over each getting a lighting? cause it´s cheaper, don´t say nanitecost aint relevant just because of active surviveability from players ..

1-2 people repairing me as a lightning means i would have to get back to a destination or my reach being limited when damaged (or i would have to be part of a vehicle team like harraser + lightning or harraser + mbt)
    the harraser also has a greater range of turretoptions than the lightning, is faster and more mobile on difficult terrain ...
  14. DarkStarAnubis

• Up x 1
  15. Demigan

I think 1 miss. Also the target was already halfway damaged when I started engaging it. It took a little time to aim for each shot because it's a Harasser and being tiny dodgeballs is just about their entire thing.

2v1 because the gunner was the engi (otherwise you should be questioning how i would have survived that time). Also if it's solely based on numbers then a 6/6 Valkyrie should be murdering a 3/3 Lib and 2/2 MBT simultaneously right?

The point is that Harassers are too tanky for what they can do. Back when they were 3-hit kills it at least felt about right. Yes they were nasty zippy dodging things that could punch you pretty hard in uncomfortable places, but you got rewarded for hitting them accurately. At the very least you were enough of a threat to make them run away quickly, or good enough for a kill. But with a 4-shot kill the DPS race takes too long. Even if you hit almost all your shots the Harasser just stays alive with a repair Engi. And hitting them accurately is kinda a hard deal with their speed, size and capabilities. Esamir at least is so flat they can't hop behind cover and make you take less time for the next shot as they will likely get behind the next cover while their maneuverability will allow them to circle around cover and towards the next faster.

An alternative that I might accept is that after the second shot the Harasser is already on fire. The reduction in speed and capabilities would help you finish it off without it being an done-deal, while it would still have enough survivability to try and reach somewhere if they planned ahead.
  16. Savadrin

I run stealth and not composite, so it takes less. AP reload is crazy on the Lightning which has a ridiculously low profile of it's own. They're harder to hit at range for sure, and up close Harassers are easy meat with max reload AP. I do this regularly and the ONLY way to kill an AP lightning who can land shots is to get the stealth drop, and even then it's 50/50 due to reload.

Still, we are back to the tired old argument of that fact that a harasser +99% of the time REQUIRES two people in order to be effective. Lightning requires only one and finding competent gunners is a crapshoot.

A 6/6 Valk with two heavies, two engis and a VLG can absolutely simultaneously engage a LIB and an MBT and win, I've watched it happen recently. Might have even been in one as well.

I'll trade you the three hit kill on Harassers for bringing back the 1 clip Vulcan at <12m ;)
  17. Demigan

"It's balanced because an AP Lightning who can land shots can kill me".

But that's the thing, most people can't land the shots. Harassers are small and zippy things compared to all other vehicles. And if you select your targets you can easily still murder lots of tanks that would normally have survived and repaired behind something. That's why it's called a Harasser, not an Annihilator.

Does that mean the Harasser needs to auto-win any engagement with Lightnings?
    If the Lightning is skilled, shouldn't it have a great chance at winning? After all the Harasser has a great chance to escape the Lightning if the battle goes bad for him and reset the engagement for a later moment, while the Lightnings has quite literally zero chance to escape the Harasser if it goes badly for him.

Additionally the Harasser is mostly used to attack the enemy without backup, and has the option to survive this for extended period of time. But if the Lightning does it any battle that goes badly is an almost automatic loss unless you were at tank sniping distances.

I know it can, but should it solely because it's 6/6?

Yeah because buffing a single weapon for one faction while nerfing all 3 faction Harassers is definitely a fair and balanced request! Especially with the already overabundantly clear overachieving Vulcan!
  18. Savadrin

I threw that last one in there just to rib you, lol.

1- I hate to pull the git gud card, but I have to. If you are missing your shots, it's your fault. That goes for everyone. I'm well aware it's more complicated than that, but on the other side, using the halberd for example, the gunner is constantly at the mercy of things he both can't control (speed/direction) AND those tiny little bumps will throw shots off constantly, none of which give any advance warning.

2- I have no problem crushing them (harassers) with an MBT Halberd, especially when they're in range of using the heavy hitters.

3- for the Valk - it isn't solely because it's 6/6. That just makes it possible. If you're dealing with high skill players it could be done with less. Skill does matter. This is supposed to be a skill based game, not a number cruncher.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I've been trying to avoid running TR lately so that I can get a feel for what fighting a Vulcan or a pack of them is like with a novice gunner.

I am personally going to have to adjust both my loadout and playstyle to work around that. I can't run scrapper anymore on Esamir. But that's my responsibility as the driver. They can certainly be frustrating, but I'm still not yet convinced that they're the destroyer of worlds a lot of folks want to make them.
  19. InNocEnTNO

Oh boy, how hard is it to understand, if I am directly engaged I can not look around, otherwise I do all the time, literally, I never drive looking forward, but to the side/back, if shooting at a distance, while I reload, I look around, c4 harassers are the main reason why...

And this is not something that is happening once or twice a game, if you run into a crew, that is focused on doing this, you have a hard time tanking... (I am talking about C4 harassers)

Let me paint a picture.... I notice the harasser, I lad one shot, they get the c4 on me, as they can easily out maneuver a vanny and no matter what moves I make, they have the upper hand.... I land my second shot and that's it, my gunner can land 3-5 shots if he does not need to reload, they pop fire suppression and we are done...
  20. iller

I don't think that the Game should by Default or for that matter AFTER you adjust the hell out of the settings... specifically put us Speaker users at a MASSIVE disadvantage to people who can wear a heavy Headset all day because they don't have TMJ or some other Jaw/Neck tension problems

That seems like a really easy thing to solve to me by just allowing a 2nd Stereo/Channel mix or Normalization setting that makes all these warning sounds a lot more Audible through speakers without BLOWING OUT our systems everytime a random Tank shell or grenade explodes in our general proximity. I've played plenty of other FPS games and PvP MMO's with Rogues or Cloaking classes that had much more "FAIR" sound mixing than this one

Most games have always just gotten around this issue by having more aggressive Drop-Off at range but louder "hint" sounds overall

Other than that, I think the OP is totally overreacting
    • Up x 1