This is what it feels like EVERY time I pull a tank in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BraSS, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mr.hanky

Completely off topic, but that pic took place during the uprising in Bahrain right?
  2. Posse

I'll say just one thing, stealth ftw! I think there were a few BWC members in my killstreak btw, and when they tried to come with Prowlers, I just ran away using the terrain and let them die to our Mags :p And when I finally died it wasn't because they killed my tank, it was because I got overconfident while repairing and a sniper headshotted me (that was kinda annoying)

Anyway, I could be playing against the worst players in the world in my HA, and I don't think I could achieve a 100 kill streak, not even close to it, and it's worth mentioning that I'm a far better HA than tanker, that's why I say it's easy mode, if I can pull killstreaks 8 times bigger in average than what I pull with my best class, well, I don't need to be a scientist to deduct that playing a tank is easy mode (at least in terms of rewards)

Of course, I'm not saying that pulling a 100 kill streak is something I'd be able to do everytime, but it's still way easier to pull those long killstreaks as a tanker than as infantry, that's why I laugh when tankers complain about AV weapons, specially when chainpulling tanks isn't that hard at all.

That's becoming more often lately, be afraid, be very afraid :D
  3. Jachim

But but but KDR doesn't matter!!!oneone
  4. TheMudster

The problem is that you think killstreaks = tanking

With that mentality, and Viper as your weapon, you will have a very easy time "tanking"

Slap an AI Mana turret down on a nice piece of land and you can have yourself a little farm as well.

Killing idiots is not what tanking is about.
    • Up x 2
  5. mavix

I've seen this happen often. I don't get why so many players stand right next or on top of the tanks o_O
    • Up x 1
  6. Liquid23

wow a lot of those people can't throw a Molotov for ****... as an unruly mob they should be ashamed

look that the guy on the bottom to the left of the barricade... he pretty much drops it at his feet and almost lights himself on fire
  7. EliteEskimo

Lol, BWC normally doesn't rush head long into a group of Magriders and waste tanks. That being said it sounds to me you had plenty of other VS around you to provide a good distraction while you mostly just killed infantry who weren't willing to coordinate to kill you with many other things already distracting them, like other Magriders. There are not many situations that allow for 100 kill streaks easily unless there are many allies around to provide a good distraction while you rack up kills. Personally I find way more enjoyment and excitement from finding and blowing up Sunderers while people try to prevent me from doing so. It's challenging, it's good XP if you're successful , and you're being a big help to your team all at once. That in my opinion is one the best ways one can be useful as a tanker.

If you play conservatively with your tank it's much easier to stay alive than when playing as infantry. Infantry have a lower TKK obviously. That being said equipping stealth so that people ignore you also does wonders, and the low profile and fast nature of the Lightning in particular makes it a good tank to kill infantry with without attracting a lot of attention. I'll be interested if you could pull off similar stuff in a Magrider.

Oh and I see DA pulling more Lightnings now, I've killed one of you in them not too long ago, but you guys should try going 2/2 in Magriders as well (So far it's mostly just Virtual Guerrilla). That's something that I still consider a very rare site.:eek:
  8. Posse

Why would we run 2/2 Mags when 2 Lightnings are better? :D
  9. Alarox

I would always rather fight two Lightnings than a highly certed 2/2 Magrider.
    • Up x 1
  10. iPlague

Mana turrets are simply too rewarding for their simple use.

Best solution since they can't figure out to increase the render distance on them, would be to decrease their damage / give them damage drop.
  11. EliteEskimo

Well to my knowledge Virtual Guerrilla on Dasanfall is a decent Magrider tanker, and I'm guessing he has his Magrider fully certed too. Take a ride in his secondary gunner seat sometime and see the havoc you guys can stir up. Dunno maybe you'll see where I'm coming from. :)
    They have to decrease the range now, it's been roughly 9 months of them trying to make it render and I'm tired of waiting. Something that damages you while being invisible and invincible is OP, and it doesn't matter how much you lower the damage if 2-4 people use it. You're then left squads using it and getting the same game breaking result. I'm sick of the following AV turret situations in the game as it regularly ruins open field fights I take part it on Mattherson.

12. BadAsElite

Rofl same thing happend to be back in early beta. I swear I nearly wet myself it was so funny. :D