This is how the official PS2 Twitter describes the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotsiMadz, Feb 11, 2021.

1. NotsiMadz

That's true, however 2 things ;

1. If it is true that better gear would (logically) tend to increase performance whatever a player does, (I believe) that influence has a next to zero impact on territory capture. That's because what allows a faction to conquer territory (active outfits and platoons or squads, strategical and tactical decisions (like cutting off a biolab instead of fighting in the biolab)) have a much high impact.

To take a personal example, I play solo, however my gaming behaviour regularly significantly helps my faction win an alert or conquer territory, even though I'm alone, I have a much stronger influence on my faction's victory that most squads not trying to win.

So if those squads had better gear than me wouldn't make a difference. If 48 of them push down a lane, and I cut them off, it's not the gear that allows me to achieve this.

2. A lot of the gear required "to win" is gear that is the same for all factions : if I save a base with my LA by kliling the enemy sundy, I use rocklets and C4, those 2 weapons are the same for all factions.

Those players, like for example those snipers with a KD of 9999999999 and who perform much better than me do next to nothing to save that base. It's just me, on my own, with whatever gear (I played on all factions and this applies to all factions I played) that saves that base.
  2. KripTed

I provided evidence. And I can provide more. You're the one's being ignorant and rather this game be stuck in it's current unbalanced and unfairness state. Not I. I'm encouraging the game to move forward and have been since 2012. I'm asking for new things in the game, as well as being more balanced. I'm asking for weather effects (since 2013) and asking for more items and weapons that are fair for all factions, so we all stand an equal chance. The game hasn't changed since 2012 and look where we are now. So you think this is the best path to stay on? I think not. If we continue down this road, we won't have a Planetside to even play.

Like I said Sherlock, I provided the evidence. So did the other guy. It's not my fault you're too ignorant to see it. I like how you call me ignorant, yet there you are trying to bash me by telling me how to use quotes properly. Anyways like I said above. You wanna defend unfairness and an unbalanced game, go right ahead. Just don't come crying on the forums in about a year when the game is completely dead and you're the only one playing, running around in your VS MagRider by yourself. But when that day comes, I promise to throw this exact moment in your face.
  3. NotsiMadz

no, you didn't provide evidence.

you provided statistics and alert victory results which NO ONE IS CONTESTING

bye
  4. That_One_Kane_Guy

Again. You said this:
    Then when I asked you to prove this statement posted screenshots of alert wins. That is proof of nothing except which faction has more Outfits active on a given night, "Sherlock".

An assessment I am rapidly revising. Ignorance comes from a lack of information and can be corrected. Stupidity on the other hand, comes from an inability to learn even in the face of knowledge.

Requesting that you make use of basic posting functions is not "bashing", it's forum etiquette. Responding to someone without quoting them makes it appear as though you are afraid of their rebuttal.

My goodness! All alone on a faction I rarely play in a vehicle I've never driven? In only a year? What a modern day Nostradamus you've turned out to be.

Glad to know that I'll be living rent-free inside your head until that day. I'm flattered, you could do worse.