This is completely unacceptable.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoulSkorpion, Aug 13, 2021.

1. SoulSkorpion

The hacking in this game is beyond a joke. Every day, I run into at least two different people hacking.

This is unacceptable. If you can't fix the exploits in your game, or get an anticheat that works (and obviously you can't), then you need to have staff online to respond promptly to reports. Which means 24/7, not just US prime time. I can't remember the last time I've seen DBG staff online on SolTech.

Absolutely pathetic. Pull it together, this sort of **** is ruining the game. There's no point in you adding new campaigns or guns or tweaking base layout while this continues.
    • Up x 4
  2. RabidIBM

Unfortunately this game has a very small budget, certainly more staff would be to pricey. Keep in mind that some outfits have a larger leadership core than the size of this game's dev team.

With that MAX though I would think it wouldn't be that hard to program speed detection to know that it is moving way too fast without being in a transport.
  3. LordAnnihilator

As much as I want to throw everything behind this host, I gotta remind you - Rogue Planet Games doesn't handle the anti-cheat. They sourced that out to Battleye after people deliberately tripped their stat based anti-cheat and it got canned. The issue is on Battleyes end. On the other hand, RPG have only acknowledged this once via a Discord post by Wrel. We've certainly yelled enough that they absolutely have to know by now, but like Rabid says, there's only so much the dev team can do. But they should probably at least be more vocal about it, come on.
  4. SoulSkorpion

Nah, man. Cheats exist because cheaters are exploiting bugs in the game. External anticheat only exists to try to detect programs messing with the Planetside executable, but the devs are responsible for fixing the actual bugs. At the very least, they can put up band-aid solutions - caps on movement speed, accuracy at range, doing hitscan detection to see if it's even *possible* for a shot to connect. That's at least a quick fix, seeing as the underlying bugs are going to be harder to fix.

Here's one of two of tonight's cheaters.

The other one seemed to be advertising his cheats in yell chat, in Chinese (from context, I don't speak Chinese).
  5. LordAnnihilator

I don't exactly know all that much about dealing with cheaters, so I don't know how much of what you said is accurate. However, the games code is already literal spaghetti, and those band aid solutions aren't nearly as quick as I think you think. Hackers aren't exploiting bugs a lot of the time, they're literally hijacking the code to give themselves god powers. The only bug I can think of that a hacker could exploit is glitching into terrain. Certainly isn't a bug that lets them fly at super speed and have perfect headshot accuracy.

Don't get me wrong, I want these hackers sent to the shadow realm ASAP, but fixing this likely isn't as clear cut as we believe. But whoever is in charge of dealing with the cheats needs to get on this, since its gotten particularly bad...
  6. SoulSkorpion

Same guy again. Slightly different name and he's back at it.

You need to permanently ban these ****ers, by hardware ID.
  7. JibbaJabba

I drop a vid to cheaters@planetside2.com and in 15min they are gone.

Maybe it's worse on Soltech as everyone at RPG is asleep for the night.
    • Up x 1
  8. SoulSkorpion

It's every. single. night.

Here's from last night's ops
    • Up x 1
  9. FLHuk

That is just so bloody sad!
  10. JibbaJabba

So are you sending that to cheaters@planetside2.com or not?
  11. SoulSkorpion

No, mate. I'm complaining about it, in public, where DBG can see it.

What would reporting to that email address do that the /report command doesn't? All that does is get the particular account banned, and the cheater just makes another one. This problem needs a more robust solution than that.
  12. FLHuk

You can argue the details round any tree you like, fact remains the staff at the end of the email are there. Staff at the end of the /report function no longer have jobs!

It's that simple, help them help us. It's not ideal but it is the best we have.
  13. blackboemmel

Looks like you recorded that one ********* flying as a MAX over different servers every day. He must be happy to produce so many waves. Give him more attention if you want that idiot to continue hacking in a 9yrs old "dead" game. He wouldn't get that much attention in hacker infested games like "Warzone" or "Apex" (or wait... - "Titanfall" lol). I think that's why he sticks to this game.

OR you can just go to another hex and play the game without (obvious) hackers. Don't record, no attention for that idiot. (Better in my opinion.)
  14. Drgnx

I don't see a flying Vanu Max, "That's a weather balloon" ...
  15. DonkeyX

I think we are seeing the end of the game. It has been a great 9-year ride and one of the best FPS I have ever played, but cheaters are like cancer that eventually kill the host. DBG might assign a few admins to watch the game and ban people but I don’t expect anything to be done with the programming at this point.
  16. BlackFox

Had a new cheat today - Wallhacks

There was a guy that sniped through everyting with a Bishop and two people in HE Ligthtnings that ignored any walls. Game's going to die in the next 12 months
    • Up x 1
  17. vonRichtschuetz

The saddest part is, those are only the blatantly obvious cheaters.

How many less obvious ones are there?

With battle-eye not working, an ingame report system that's purely cosmetic and a customer service that's so understaffed it requires players to deliver them evidence on video to even start acting, it's reasonable to believe there are some situational cheaters.
    My K/D fluctuates between 1.5 and 3, depending on what I do on different days - it's probably not even difficult to hide fluctuations for someone who only occasionally cheats.
  18. SoulSkorpion

That's news to me. When did that happen?
  19. TheDarkSavant

The hacking is worse than it's ever been. Last night on Soltech server was insane. All the big fights had people shooting through walls from 2000m in the air and killing people in the spawn rooms as soon as they would spawn. One guy had over 1000 kills on an account with 1 hour play time, 17 kills per minute.

They need to at least address the elephant in the room, because the radio silence is going to do a lot of damage if the players aren't given some sort of assurance that the problem is being looked at.
  20. JibbaJabba

So you come ***** to a bunch of people that have no control over it instead of actually doing something about it. What? You want us to do something about it? Does it LOOK like RPG is reading the forums? You see any Mithril posts in here?

The solution isn't perfect, but try to be a part of it. Report the cheater and spare us your whining.

As for what the email address does that report doesn't...read the below..

PlanetSide 2 - News - Building a Stronger Community
    • Up x 1