This happens often now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iMartyr, Sep 28, 2013.

1. iMartyr

[IMG]

i went from a 2009 M17X duo core laptop that never crashed, but had terrible performance, to a newly built high performance rig from newegg that crashes everytime i pull something that costs me resources (it would seem).
    • Up x 1
  2. Warruz

All Technical issues should require SPECS!!!! When you take your car in to the shop do you just tell them that its a car? No make or model or anything.
  3. Deschain

In years to come people will look upon this piece of art and their hearts will flutter with pride, or stupidity, depending on how much money they wasted. Knowing they we're a part of this historical moment in game development. :p
  4. Teegeeack

This is how I log out of Planetside 2 now. Haven't had a successful log out in six months.
    • Up x 2
  5. Crator

Can't say I have ever crashed from pulling a vehicle before. I've crashed for unknown reasons in the past that don't happen anymore though. That's a strange problem OP. Is the picture background wallpaper or is the game still running in the background with the error message?
  6. iMartyr

Sorry to mislead but I'm not posting in General for technical issues i'm posting here in hopes that the Devs can see the two different scenarios. I'm sitting here in the warp gate because i have timers or low resources from pulling a Max, an AMS, and a Prolwer and crashing shortly after.
  7. iMartyr

wallpaper, i don't crash from pulling vehicles i just randomly crash... this morning it has been at it's worse.
    Prior to this recent patch i would only crash whenever i entered a highly populated zone too quickly (like a teleporter to a biolab) but now it's just random.
  8. Crator

When I first started playing PS2, back in beta, my system would over heat. I had to leave the PC case open and points a desk fan at it to keep it cool enough to not crash. I've since moved the components to a larger case with a liquid cooling system and that problem went away. Don't think that's what you are having though cause my system would simply shut down when I had that issue.
  9. ironeddie

When I upgraded my pc it meant I could turn all the games settings up to ultra. I then started crashing every hour or so. Why? Bloody physX. Turned that off & now no crashes.

I'm not saying its physX in the op's case. But I would suggest making sure the games settings are the same as they were on the duo laptop. If they are & the game is stable you have a good solid starting point. From which you can tweak settings until the game falls over again.
  10. EMP1RE

Lol same!
  11. KenDelta

He said something high-end , so technically he said my lambo isn't working.
  12. Robes

No specs, check
    Posting just to complain, check

Yep, you're one of us now.
  13. eldarfalcongravtank

sometimes i crash like you with a 'ps2 stopped working' message. but more often than not i get disconnected from the server randomly. every second day, at least once. i dont know how or why. fact is i want them to fix this at last. something worse than performance problems is the stability issues this game suffers from. crashing right in the middle of a great battle is definitely much more worse than dropping 10-20 fps for half a second
  14. Waverunner

Might have to upgrade your computer. I don't think you got the right parts to play this game.
  15. Tommyp2006

same here as well, and for a lot of members in my outift. Every time we have an op, everyone in the squad crashes at least once, sometimes twice. Crashes seem to be getting worse.
  16. PutteFnask

Its highly annoying since for me at least, when the crashes occur, I just spawned a vehicle ... all those resources just out the window.
  17. Drowingpool

You mean that's NOT how you log out of PS2?!?!
    • Up x 1
  18. bodmans

I almost never have had any problems similair to the OP's(only on patch day). and I play on a notebook(hp Elitebook 8560w)
  19. Nocturnal7x

Verify game files through wrench in launcher. Reinstall drivers.

One usually helps.