[Suggestion] This game needs to be better optimized.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Taemien

Current gen ATI and AMD do kinda blow.

But Phenom IIs, specifically the X4 900 series were pretty good. So was the ATI Radeon HD 5800 and 6800 series.

I can personally attest that a HD 5870 will run PS2 on ultra settings over 60FPS and over 50 in large fights.... assuming you have a good CPU (in my case it was an intel i7 @4.0ghz). My old computer was an AMD Phenom II 970 X4 with the Radeon HD 5870 and ran PS2 on Ultra at 30-50FPS. (reason I ran with the old GPU is my 970 cracked out and had to be replaced, so ran the old GPU for a week or so until the new one got shipped in... EVGA has damn good return service)

Ironically, some of the next generation AMD/ATI stuff ran WORSE than my setup, which is why I switched to the Intel/Nvidia setup I have now.

ATI and AMD have their moments. Currently right now is NOT one of them.

I think one might get better mileage on a HD 5870 or 6870 over a GTX 500 series. But in either case.. don't go lower than 3.3ghz on the CPU and try to keep it Intel and no older than 2-3 years old.
  2. Gammit

My $200 ATI card is doing the opposite of garbage right now.