[BUG] This game is full of bugs on PS4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DoucheSlayer, Aug 2, 2016.

1. DoucheSlayer

- What happened to the loading screen showing the map you're going to?
    - "Spawn at sunderer 20m away" *spawns 4000m away at a sundy at the edge of the map*
    - Planetside crashes every hour
    - AV turrets don't render at bigger fights until they're already shooting at you
    - Death recap screen shows stats mixed from previous death and that current death, what?
    - Max rank mine guard makes my flash take zero damage from tankmines half the time, huh?
    - Not sure if bug or not, but aphelion sometimes one-shots my flash? Only sometimes on its first shot (not big beam)

There are so many more I can't think of because I've gotten used to working around it, these are primarily the annoying ones.
    • Up x 2
  2. Who Garou

- What happened to the loading screen showing the map you're going to?
    PC only gets a static picture screen - we never had a map of where we were going to.

- "Spawn at sunderer 20m away" *spawns 4000m away at a sundy at the edge of the map*
    I don't know what the respawn screen looks like on the PS4, but, from the PC side, never click on the map for a redeploy, never click on the location (spawn at) on the bottom left, and always use the scroll menu on the upper left to pick and activate your resapwn location - it should highlight on the map where you pick.

- Planetside crashes every hour
    For some people on the PC, they still have to relog every hour or so due to memory leaks.
    I would suggest making sure you have some extra space fee on your hard drive on the PS4 and defrag it if you have a way to do that.

- AV turrets don't render at bigger fights until they're already shooting at you
    If you don't have control over your game options, then there isn't much you can do about this (if you can start tweaking things down until it runs correct and make sure you have enough render distance). It is possibly partially related to your connection speed, so a faster connection could clear some of this up.

- Death recap screen shows stats mixed from previous death and that current death, what?
    This is my life on the PC. My death screen doesn't tell me how I died 60% of the time it seems.

- Max rank mine guard makes my flash take zero damage from tankmines half the time, huh?
    Maybe you are running over 2 or more mines instead of just one half of the time?

- Not sure if bug or not, but aphelion sometimes one-shots my flash? Only sometimes on its first shot (not big beam)
    The second shot might not be rendering. This can be due to connection speed.
    But I have to ask if some of your flashes have composite armor and other versions of your flash do not. (I don't know how many load-outs you get for your flashes on the PS4, but I get a good number of them on the PC (as for me, I'm BR'd up, All Access, and purchased all additional load-outs so I have things tweaked out for different situations - but I never bother putting composite armor on my Flash as I get shot off of it more than the flash explodes under me.)
  3. Ryme_Intrinseca

- I don't remember the loading screen ever showing the upcoming map
    - As who garou says, you DO NOT spawn where you click on the map. You spawn at the location indicated in the top bar. In other words, use L1 and R1 to select spawn NOT the analog sticks. It is not very intuitive but there is no bug, it works the same way every time. DBG have actually done a good job with it as it used to be buggy as hell.
    - Crashing is probably due to the update two days. DBG have actually got their act together a bit there too. The game used to be completely unplayable after patches so I can live with this minor inconvenience (it's a lot less frequent than every hour for me). If you were having lots of crashes prior to the patch consider a fresh install or rebuilding ps4 database (equivalent of defrag).
    - Stuff not rendering in big fights - yet again, this used to be much, much worse than it is now. The solution is absolutely not to allow adjustments in options. This would mean everyone had to run potato mode in order to be in a fair fight. It's a pretty good looking game and I'd like to keep it that way. But they could possibly adjust the algorithm so when there's a rendering backlog vehicles and turrets show up before infy.

Looking at the above has actually made me realize how much optimization work DBG have been doing on PS4 :)
  4. DoucheSlayer

You guys don't remember the pics of one very small infantry in the snows of esamir, or that field in amerish, or desert indar??

Also I got annoyed because I died from a teammate ramming my new tank off a cliff (lol)
    As soon as I remade it again and dropped to no nanites, planetside crashed.
    As soon as it loaded in 10 min later, the background when you push options stayed on the game screen (could hardly see anything) and had to restart planetside.
    And after logging in AGAIN, my gunners planetside crashes.

It is pretty effective at night when I say "I should reslly go to sleep" and then planetside crashes to make sure I do. Other than that, arrrg
  5. Xealos

Yeah, I miss the map loading screens as well. Now it's just that dumb image of a biolab being destroyed, regardless of what map you're going to. At this point, I'd even take he execution screenshots that everyone on the PC version is complaining about, so long as they were map-specific as well.
  6. DrakeFang

-This doesn't happen if you standard spawn. Auto-spawn mechanic is cancer. Never use it.
    -Doesn't crash often for me, but I also give it a couple days after a patch roles out before I get back on and play. For whatever reason, the patches seem to break the game for a day or two after they launch.
    -That's the nature of the beast. That said, 48-96 vs 48-96 fights tend to run fine for me. It's when you start getting into 96+ battles that rendering becomes an issue. Honestly, that's just a hardware issue. Not much DB can do about that.
    -Beyond the grave kills tend to count for the next life, so a lot of trades will show up as kills in your next death screen. Some of the death screens are outright broken and incorrect in regards to what killed you though.
    -That's a client-side issue more or less. It happens when it thinks you've tripped the mine but are already out of its radius.
    -Again, sounds like a client-side or lag isdue. Maybe a rendering problem as well. Essentially, they were already hitting you before you're game updated to tell you that you were being hit. It's they same principle that gives people a small lag advantage when entering a room.