This class can be quite infuriating to play...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by gunfox, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Ronin Oni

I don't "run n gun" much.... I do break away from the main pack of friendlies and engage their targets from different angles.

I always like the slower firing, harder hitting carbines for my LA. I use the AMC instead of the Trac-5 (mostly playing TR at the moment) despite the Trac having better "DPS" in CQB fights because 75% of my fighting is at ranges of 20-50m from a 2nd or 3rd floor level above my enemy.
  2. {joer

Which TR LA gun has the greatest "from the hip" accuracy? DPS only counts if you hit and I'm not familiar enough with the lighter weapons being I was only playing HA.
  3. Ronin Oni

That's why I put DPS in quotes....

but the Trac-5 has an amazing RoF, and great handling. Slap a suppressor, laser, and Reflex on it for maximum pwnage. I have not specced this gun out since release but did use this loadout during beta a fair bit (on all my carbines actually) I will be eventually certing out my Trac5 to be my CQB hipfire run-n-gun carbine

I use the AMC (came with Alpha Squad... I believe it was also in the "Team Spirit" bundle last week) which has slower RoF, and faster Reload. It's not as good in CQB but better for controlled shooting while ADS at longer ranges, and the faster reload is sure nice too. I have a reflex (don't find I need zoom, and no zoom makes it more useful at shorter ranges) and foregrip on it. I will probably pick up High Velocity ammo and a 2-3.4x sight on it for when I expect to be purely fighting at ranges > 30-50m