This 0.75 ADS thing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nregroepis, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Nregroepis

Yeah, it's one of those threads again everyone hates.

Sorry to not put it in one of the centillion other threads regarding 0.75 ADS, but I kind of get the feeling that some "lore" was forgotten. I'm simply going to imply this:

New: Superiority in weapon damage/projectile speed
    Vanu: Superiority in weapon ACCURACY/MOVEMENT
    Terran: Superiority in weapon RPM/ammunition

And the heated debate goes on even more now...
  2. SamReye

So you believe lore should come before balance/fun?
    • Up x 3
  3. Scr1nRusher

Isn't "speed movement" a TR trait?
    • Up x 3
  4. Nregroepis

I'm leaving the decision up to the community viewing this thread.
  5. Nregroepis

Magriders
  6. Cymrix

Or maybe we should just make all the teams have exactly the same weapons? ;)

Everything seems pretty balanced to me. Sometimes Vanu wins a continent, sometimes Terran wins, sometimes NC wins...

Maybe the problem is that some are trying to play Terran or NC like they were Vanu?

Find the stuff your empire does well and focus on that?
    • Up x 1
  7. SamReye

Alrighty... Just know that you relit the fuse...

again :confused:
  8. Nregroepis

That's why they call it a heated debate!
  9. HadesR

We should stick to the traits more .. Make NC the only faction with OHK Bolties and shotguns .. Tis traits :p

;)
  10. Utrooperx

IMHO, the x.75 movement speed isn't the *problem*...the simple addition of *momentum* to the movement physics which stops the faster ADADAD speed from messing with the movement prediction/lag compensation/hit detection would go a long way to resolving this debate...as well as being much more realistic. Those who use the x.75 weapons still get the *bonus* speed (they are happy)...and those trying to shoot/hit the warping character model would be happy...

Another possible solution would be to add a C-o-F increase with every rapid change in direction...by the third button press (ADA), the user would be firing with a full hip-fire C-o-F while ADS'ing...thereby realistically simulating how a weapon would 'sway' with rapid movement changes caused by momentum.
    • Up x 6
  11. asmodraxus

That would be a good idea
  12. Scr1nRusher

TR ES Vehicles have faster movement speeds.
  13. Naphemil

does the TR have a boost similar to the harasser? (mag burner)
  14. Iridar51

No, they call it a can of worms
  15. Imp C Bravo

I'm not sure top speed translates to agility. It certainly doesn't in every other game.
  16. G.O.A.T

ORION .75x LMG and Battlegoose is unfair to TR.

It has 750 RoF....As high as TR!!!!!!!!!

So it has RoF and movement.....Thats unfair to TR.

So if you wanna truly follow the lore, ORION and battlegoose RoF should be around 670 RoF if they want to keep their .75x.
    • Up x 1
  17. RykerStruvian

Surprise, nobody really cares because Planetside 2 is a fun but stupid game. The only people who truly moan over this kind of thing are the tryhards.

Really, try not to take the game so seriously.
    • Up x 1
  18. Plastikfrosch

and dont forget ACCURACY for the NC. because NC weapons have the lowes horizontal recoil and the lowes first shot multiplier which makes them the most accurat weapons if you know how to burst fire your weapons.

And again, you are confusing VS weapons overall with the Orion/Betelgeuse, because all factions have 0,75ads speed carbines (the NC bandit is the strongest of all 3 the VS one the weakest by the way), 0,75ads ARs (all 3 Factions have the same TTK but TR has 10 bullets more per mag) and all factions have SMGs (the NC Cyclone is the best 1. generation SMG and the NC blitz the best 2. gen SMG --> the VS 2. gen is a chinese copy of the blitz and the TR failstorm is trash) and also there are shotguns for all factions which also have 0,75ads.
    SO ONCE AND FOR ALL: ORION AND BETELGEUSE ARE NOT THE ONLY F**KING VS WEAPONS --> THEY ARE NOT THE WHOLE VS.
    if you want to complain do it right, just complain about those 2 weapons. there are non 24/7 has players out there and they could complain about all the nice stuff NC and TR have compared to the VS stuff but they wont whine about it because they will adapt to it.
  19. Jubikus

Sorry it can be confusing sometimes sooo many VS play heavy and you have such a huge population in general you just feel like your always coming up against those 2 weapons.
    Its ok tho we have alot of medics on TR people get revived as we foot zerg across the field.
  20. Jubikus

I think he was more talking about the vehicles basic movement the Prowler and Mosy are baseline faster than their counterparts but our abilities(lockdown) make us sitting ducks im not really sure what they are doing with us on TR it kind of feels like the least thought out faction i mean it would explain why they seem to have such a hard time balancing us out.