[Suggestion] Think about game roles & balance more

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NietCheese, Feb 14, 2013.

1. NietCheese

Earlier tonight I was an NC heavy, saw a flag being capped so walked around the corner on it, shield up. I went full auto against an infiltrator who was equipped with the new TR SMG and he beat me.

Can developers THINK about class roles before dropping these insane weapons into the game.

Another fight that made me go "wtf are devs thinking" is a toe to toe between a TR skyguard and a NC lightning with the default turret. It was a toe to toe fight. The skyguard took me to 10% before an enemy RPG finished me.

HOW ON EARTH SHOULD A SKYGUARD BE COMPETITIVE IN ANY WAY WITH A LIGHTNING WITH A TURRET.

This is insanity. Developers need to think more before making weapon changes, you are destroying balance.
  2. the pestimist

3. Munq

TR skyguard is no different to NC skyguard and NC lightning with default gun is no different to TR lightning with default gun. Only difference is the person behind the wheel, and in your case I think the only difference between the TR infiltrator SMG and your full auto machine gun were the persons behind the guns.

I'd love to see some footage of skyguards consistently winning battles against default gun lightnings. I really would love to see it. It'd be something completely new.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rogue Synapse

Hrm, as an avid NC Heavy player myself, the only time this scenario (trsmg) has happened to me is from complete and utter fail on my part. Granted, I feel they do a tad too much damage, but its nothing a heavy can't deal with.