Things VS needs tuning for GU7

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JDS999, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Flag

Sigh, I really don't feel like having a massive back and forth argument.
    You have a fair few valid points, yes.
    (call this giving up if you want, I don't want to invest too much time into this)

I will, however, remark on a few things.
    NC weapons may have high bullet bloom, but that is "easily" countered by firing discipline(and the same can arguably be said for recoil) and certs.
    Most of those cons, and yes I agree, they are cons, they mostly come into play if you spray(and pray).
    Same with VS, although not to the same extremes as NC can go to.

VS weapons are between TR and NC in damage yes, but closer to NC than TR on RoF(I do not have the stat page at hand, so this could be not-completely-true. I'll take my chances). So for most weapons, this means a less than impressive dps.
    Notable exceptions are of course the Orion, which is amazing, but is hampered by a rather lackluster set of attachments, and the lowest ammo counter for -any- lmg in the game(50). The other obvious one is the VX 6-7. It has RoF, as one of few. But it's also on a meager 30 shots. This leaves it without the higher damage per bullet advantage NC has, and the larger ammo capacity of TR. Which means it's out of ammo faster than both the TR and NC's equivalents. So DPS is nice(but not taht much better, if at all), but it's over very fast, leaving you with no bullets, while TR and NC still has some left.

I'll stop myself there, and leave a final(I guess) statement, which isn't as much calling VS up, as to bland or generic(sadly).
    - VS has no distinct(and useful) feature that's "unique".
    You know, besides the spandex.
  2. JDS999

more players on nc more people pull mtbs, less people, less mags so less of them will die these statistics arnt that accuate normal 1v1 vanguad will win 90% of the time, and our speacial abilty speed away from battle so enemies can shoot us in the rear seems op too me

the the new tuning bullet damage at range shouldnt have anything to do with this post, in general engagements its useless, unless vs has a gun with no recoil, also slower bullet speed more leading and less accurate
  3. JackOfClubs

Holy run-on sentence Batman!
    But uh... Okay.

This has nothing to do with how averages work. Also, the stats I'm using show more Magriders floating around than Vanguards, so even if that was how averages worked you'd still be wrong.

Cool, glad to know the Vanguard is the best in an arena. Where can I find one?

Right, and the Vanguard's special ability that is randomly negated by a single bullet is fantastic.

I will fully admit that what I posted has very obvious holes, I'm just trying to draw attention to the absurdity of the situation. And you managed to miss all the flaws anyway.
  4. JDS999

the only thing that i will say is that the prenerf magrider was fine, but when the game started a high percentage of players only had the stock laucher and im pretty sure mbt cannon velocity was much slower making the mag fit its role and seem op. now with all the lockons, AV turrets, esrl, and many more people with esf's with lolpods its impsosible for the mag to fit its role. also biggest hitbox. makes more sence now to drive my lightning around.