Things that make the infiltrator rubbish

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by direwind, Nov 26, 2012.

1. direwind

i hate every aspect of the class? what aspect? the class has no depth, we sniper, we hack, we cloak and we fail at covertops, we can try to run in and kill afew with a combat rifle, but in the end LA does it better.

there is no meat to the class. sure i can run in and grab a sunder or tank from a term, but all that does is use my resourses, and in the end the until is wasted because it would die almost instantly, which it has many a time.
  2. direwind

here is another reason LA is vastly better than INF..

la can get onto a roof where no one else can get, place a hotdrop waypoint... there you have it, single handedly a LA can turn the tide of a fight and have a huge impact on the flow of battle...

Heavy can take out armor and are the front line.
    medics can heal and add support and cover fire.
    eng can laydown a death field of bullets with turrets, lay mines/AT mines and timed bombs and c4 and repair.
    LA are storm troopers and can get anywhere, and lay waypoints for a timed invasion..

what can infs do..... sniper? you can kill just as fast with any gun.. cloak? why? LA can already get to any place, what is the point? to make yourself live longer? why? what help does that give to your group?

what ever we do other can do better with the exception of the sniper rifle
  3. Executioner Smough

Right now, infiltrators are fairly... lackluster to say the least. That's not to say I haven't had my fair share of ninja moments, especially with the pistol.
    Expect more possibilities for sneaky killin' once we get the stalker cloak. 100% invisibility is a must.
  4. Infinity24k

As a sniper you can kill many soldiers in a row very fast. They don´t see you but you see them and pick one after the other.
    You cannot do this with any other class. And a LA... seriously you can go onto a roof and take out 3 guys, then someone will spot you - except you are fighting a bunch of clowns. If you prefer LA then play LA, simple logic.
  5. direwind

that is not the point, the point is... what good does sniping do? they respawn instantly, the only good it does is your own K/D ratio for epeen.

a light assault can infiltrate a base, plant a spawn beacon, destroy base terms with C4 and take over an objectives. what can ins do?
    they can run in, maybe hack a term get a vech and then prompty die, or sneak about and maybe get a kill before being ganked.
  6. Schalla

It's really sad if you can't do more.

Things to do as Infiltrator:
    - Kill enemy pilots while repairing
    - Kill enemy tank driver
    - Kill enemy snipers
    - Protect tanks from heavies (They will thank you, sometimes.)
    - Same with MAX
    - Spot important points for air attacks, set a mark. (Uh teamplay)
  7. WingMaker

People are missing the point.

The biggest complaint with an infiltrator is its lack of versatility. Right now it is a sniper and very little else. Using the class to actually "infiltrate" is extremely difficult, and even then it is hardly worth it because of the lack of objectives. The main problem is the current cloak we are stuck with was designed to be balanced with sniping in my mind. However, when we don't want to snipe we are still stuck with a cloak that was balanced for sniping. Add to the fact that on low graphical settings, infiltrators light up like christmas trees at ranges in excess of 150 meters.

I have the fully auto scout rifle right now, which is the closest weapon I have to being adequate at "infiltrating" but even then it is still a pretty weak gun, with an embarrassingly small mag. I would understand if there was an option to upgrade the mag size, but that doesn't exist for infiltrators. I know many will disagree with me, but the post-nerf shotgun was fine in the hands of infiltrators. Higby even said in one of his streams that they would give infiltrators carbines when they removed shotguns. Hasn't happend. From what I've heard EMP grenades are broken, and when I used decoy grenades in beta, no one ever came to investigate. The IFF device is okay, but you have to put a lot of certs into it before it became useful.

Add that to the fact that when there is a blue moon and the planets align and you actually are able to sneak into an enemy occupied base: All the terminals and turrets are destroyed. Why would anyone repair an equipment terminal when there are several in the spawn room that are protected? And as to why people never repair turrets, it really is beyond me. Seriously, walk around a base sometime. Chances are 90% of the turrets are destroyed, and no one ever bothered repairing them. Give engies massive amounts of XP for repairing stuff for all I care, I just actually want things I can hack.

/rant
  8. Schalla

I totally agree on WingMaker.

BTW - There is another thing instead of the Cloak, which protects you like the heavy shield, didn't tried it.
  9. Apina

Best just play light/heavy assault class too, I dont complain though Ive one rifle with 12x scope and one with 4x scope, I can absolutely shine in certain situations, like 20-40:0 KDR.
  10. Fafnir

It is not shining in my book at all. I want to make a difference and be usefull for my squad/platoon/empire. KDR doesn't matter.
  11. Corb

I think you're looking at the class wrong (admittedly since the name is misleading). It's a class for sniping, harassing infantry, making problems elsewhere to distract the enemy and doing recon. If you really want to do all the stuff you're complaining that the INF can't do because LA's do it better, just go play an LA since it seems that they're the new base inflitrator. You want to circumvent obstacles (jetpack), be fast/light but decent damage (LA), and the cloak on INF doesn't work anyway so it would be the same as running an LA who is maneuverable enough to make up for the visibility issue.
  12. Apina

Ive stopped waves of enemy infantry numerous times and made a difference.

Yeah, this is pretty bad class I dont say that. I start to play LA/HA soon. I like to assault too sometimes.
  13. zimmit_Vanu_Helios

Things that make the infiltrator suck:
    *Direwind doesnt know how to shoot straight.
    *end of story.