Things that are just wrong with the Infiltrator directives

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rhello, May 8, 2016.

1. Rhello

1st, no battle rifles. We get to play with 3 scouts, but we can't play with a Battle rifle as an infiltrator, nor unlock the reward. It's unfair if you ask me. Either give battle rifles to infiltrators (and maybe scout rifles to engineers), or add several battle rifles for the engineer and make separate directives.

2nd, the Auraxium sniper rifles. They're decent at their job, but why are we stuck with lower 1HK range than with the RAMS/Longshot/Parallax, while having a 80 meters detection range that reveals us to those who aren't braindead/blind enough to see a dot appearing on their map ? Either give us the same range as those, or replace the compensator by a flash hider.

3rd, kind of Infliltrator related, the SMGs are basically downgrades : the barrel adds recoil, and so does the HVA, which does basically no effect with a tiny 18 meters per second gain. Putting SPA instead would fix this partly. The Shuriken and the Skorpios are just not controllable enough to be even remotely effective at ranges, the bullets go everywhere because of the horizontal and vertical ADS recoil, while losing effectiveness at the ranges that are intended for SMGs because of the lack of SPA.

4th, last but not least, the pistol directive, even thought it's not exclusive to infiltrators, lack of some kind of rail attachment that would make them competitive with the base pistol.

Why am I creating this discussion ? Because I unlocked all of these weapons, except for the Battle Rifle, and they're all downgrades at best, which is sad compared to the amount of effort required to unlock them.
    • Up x 2
  2. LaughingDead

Scout rifles are under the same directive as the battle rifle. I do however find that an infiltrator having to direct his scout rifles to get an auraxium BATTLE RIFLE that he is unable to use as a bit of a....major oversight in logic.

Aurax snipers come with a straight pull bolts and high velocity ammo, you're not supposed to use them within 80 meters. More like 100+.

The SMG argument is rather moot as SMGs are more than just infil weapons and even then, smgs are possibly the best CQ tool for actually infiltrating.

The pistol directive is rather skewed, executive feels like a lesser pistol with a LONG RANGE SUPPRESSOR, which is a meh powerup at best, predident and...(forgets name here) seem like better sidearms for the traditional scenarios.
  3. Eternaloptimist

I never understood the thing about directive weapons. They're just side grades to the basic weapons aren't they? Like, for bragging rights? Maybe the heat mechanic on some of the VS weapons is a straight up improvement but tbh I can't think why I would want to auraxium a load of guns I don't particularly like using just to get one.

What am I missing here, apart from the obvious silliness of the scout rifle directive getting you a battle rifle?
  4. _itg

Well, you'd want the directive guns to be actual sidegrades, not slight downgrades, and you'd want the changes to be interesting, not token stat tweaks. None of the directive guns available to infiltrator fit both descriptions. The sniper rifles are definitely sidegrades, but they're not that interesting. The SMGs are interesting in theory, but they're downgrades in practice. The pistols are neither interesting nor as good as the base guns. And of course, the whole battle rifle thing is just a slap in the face.
  5. Partl

For the stalker - the only thing that i would like to see is, this "class" getting a 2nd sideArm, so they get a bit more flexible.Aswell u could have some more of a edge when beeing assaulted by more than 2 ppl, where every single sideArm is running out of ammo. Beeing able to carry 2 sidearms - one as a "mainWeapon", should be a good idea.

A battlerifle in the Hands of a skilled Infiltrator, i am really not sure if this would be a good idea. Only my personal Opinion.
  6. Moz

Why exactly?

The Warden slightly tweaked Scout for example. Having higher fire rate but doing less damage.

I suppose they do have the under barrel stuff now..... but they don't make that much difference?
  7. PanzerGoddess

"Scout rifles are under the same directive as the battle rifle. I do however find that an infiltrator having to direct his scout rifles to get an auraxium BATTLE RIFLE that he is unable to use as a bit of a....major oversight in logic."

this right here because I was so excited to get mine than I realized it was not for infy class BWHAHAHAHAH.... ******!!!! :mad:
  8. Vorest

I agree with downgrade opinion. At least in SMG case. Unlocked Skorpios and to be honest I prefer original Eridani much more. Soft point ammo and silencer while Skorpios have neither of them. (instead having HVA with buffs bullet speed based on weapon stats and minimum damage range. With sucks, SMG's are designed to work in close range)
  9. MajorTStorm

I agree, the directive sniper rifle is a down grade when it comes to game play. The 75 m limitation on range kind of ruins them. I mean if it's such a problem, add a debuff somewhere else like magazine capacity or something. Also, I don't know if this is just me, but there seems to be some weird default upward aim feature that is totally useless. I think it's supposed to make it appear that there is less bullet drop, but it's really annoying when I have to aim DOWN at 50 m to compensate.