[Suggestion] Things I wish were hackable.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ironeddie, Jun 1, 2014.

1. ironeddie

Vehicles obviously.

Enemy turrets by which I mean the ones engineers use. Sometimes find them abandoned as the front has moved forwards. Be neat to hack one and stab my enemy in the back with it.

The controlling empires empire specific jump pads. You know how at amp stations some jump pads are locked to the faction in control of the base. I'd like to be able to hack those. It would mean I could get around faster and deny the defenders that advantage.

Enemy mines. Two stage hack first stage deactivates the mine. Second stage flips it so it's now a friendly mine and will kill the other two factions. Maybe this hack has a random chance of the mine detonating and killing you. Nice bit of risk and it still makes placing mines worthwhile.
    • Up x 2
  2. m44v

ammo towers and ammo pads.
    • Up x 9
  3. Whatupwidat

Oh **** yes this - I hate having to drive 500 metres back to the previous base because no-one thought it'd be a good idea to bring an ammo sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  4. Epicstrat

Teleporters.
    • Up x 1
  5. FateJH

The capture points.
    • Up x 3
  6. ironeddie

How would that be different from just capturing the point as it is now?
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

The random doors that they put in copypasta building doorways to make them "different"
  8. Goden

Nothing.

Base owners already have very few assets to help them and most of them are already hackable in a matter of seconds.

I already see teammates going around destroying their own terminals and turrets because they're more useful to enemy cloakers than our own team.
  9. Badname3073

In this case, I want to be able to revive dead enemy soldiers and take control over them
  10. Regpuppy

Problem with jump pads, other than them existing, was when they weren't attacker/defender specific. All an attacker had to do was post up one sunderer near a tower and they could basically get to any point on the walls and there was nothing defenders could do about it. An attack from one direction was as good as being surrounded by your own defenses.

Engineer turrets seem kind of like it's not worth the effort. Since they despawn when engineers spawn another one or change class, it means the situations where this would even be useful are so few it's not even funny.

I am down for vehicle hacking though, as long as drivers get a "you are being hacked" indicator and ample time to respond.
  11. ironeddie

Yes I remember jump pads when anyone could use them. But if they could be hacked they could also be hacked back. Might create something extra to fight over. Plus you would have to hack each one the way I'd want it. So it would take time to work around the base. Plenty of chances to get stopped.
  12. Regpuppy

I don't see it being all that easy to respond to 2-3 infiltrators jumping around with max hacking speed constantly hacking the jump pads. Nor does it sound like a fun job to constantly counter these guys as an infiltrator or to basically have to watch every jump pad. They'd have to make jump pad hacking fairly slow for the benefits of this to outweigh the downsides for this.
  13. FateJH

You no longer hold the point by just being in proximity to it nor do you re-secure the point by pushing the attackers off of it and it automatically starts going back. You get an uncloaked Infiltrator in there safely, just by way of example, maybe with a special tool, and you have to cover him while he spends reasonable time to flip the point manually. You still get point flip experience by proximity, for covering the hacker as he works.
  14. Plunutsud pls

Still can't hack terminals on deployed sundies.

Why???
  15. thingymajigy

You don't resecure the point just by pushing attackers off. Being in proximity doesn't "hold" the point it just slowly changes it. If the point is left alone it will stay as it is. I don't get what you're trying to say.
  16. thingymajigy

Because the sundy is "owned" by someone who spent lots of resources. Stuff you can hack right now isn't owned by any particular player nor do they cost resources.
  17. FateJH

My terminology was not precise and you misunderstood the parts that were precise.

I'm going to withdraw my proposition until I get a better write-up prepared for it.

An easy way to verbalize what I am aiming to achieve might be worded: PS1-style control console hacking using the capture points.
  18. ironeddie

I think I understand. Instead of just being near the point you have to physically capture it. Like with hacking, the player would be stood at the cap point holding down the 'e' key to manually capture the point.

I've heard this suggestion before. Although never where only infiltrators can do the capturing. Which I think is what your suggesting. If so that would be an interesting new mechanic. It would make an infiltrator an essential part of any squad looking to capture a base.
  19. Darkwulf

I wish you could hack enemy vehicles that have nobody in them. All except sunderers. But tanks, harrassers and flash's.
  20. ironeddie

I want to hack enemy tanks. With the driver in! Chuck him out, run him over and starting shooting his mates with his own tank.