Things I Should Know By BR80

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slamz, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Slamz

How can you tell which bases have tank terminals, short of memorizing them?

This is one thing I have never seen a pattern for. Although major bases always have them, minor bases sometimes have them and sometimes don't based on no pattern I can figure out.

And you can't tell from looking at the map without being in that sector, so to this day my method of finding the nearest tank terminal is to spawn at the nearest base, go "NOPE", spawn at the next nearest base and repeat this until I find a tank terminal (or I just give it up, spawn at the nearest major base and drive through three minor bases, all of which, it turns out, had tank terminals....)

Like:
    * Any minor base connected to a major base will have a tank terminal, all others will have sunderer terminals (this is not true; it's an example of a rule that would be sensible if it was true)
    • Up x 2
  2. Jac70

I'm not far off BR100 and I still don't know the maps inside out. This has a lot to do with the fact that they keep changing the f***ers every few months but also because the are so big. I remember playing BF2142 and after a year or so I knew Camp Gibralter inside out - I could walk it blindfold.

PS2 I spawn at a base and spend 5 minutes searching for the fakkin vehicle terminal.
    • Up x 3
  3. NoctD

The only minor bases I took for a tank terminal at are the ones next to tech plants.
  4. Alarox

If you look at the base as a spawn option on the left side of your redeploy screen, you can see icons for all the terminals at the base.
    • Up x 5
  5. Qraven

As a general rule, these bases can pull everything:
    • Tech Plants
    • AMP Stations (No Galaxy)
    • Bio Labs (No Galaxy)
    • Tower Bases
    All other satellites and minor basses typically cap out at being able to pull Lightnings, or Sunderers. Then, there are bases with random flight pads which can pull air outside of tower bases.

As Alarox mentioned, there is also the option of selecting any base spawn location on the map, with a single click, and view the terminals available by looking at the left side.
  6. MarvinGardens

Sigh. Ever since they invented map HUDs and waypoints I've completely stopped memorizing maps and areas in games.
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

Major facilities and adjacent bases that share their name, plus towers.
  8. Bixli

..i'm br90 (without any member & booster xp used) & i don't care 'bout it , still lookin' every time on map & catching stuff by trial & error.
  9. Allisrem

This.
    Just check if it's a sundi (= no mbt) oder a mbt (mbt yay)
    • Up x 1
  10. Bixli

..good point sire , you open my eyes , thx for this.
  11. NinjaKirby

When my MBT gets low on Ammo I still sometimes drive to bases which don't have a ****' resupply tower because there's no obvious indicator

Fighting at Saerro Listening Post trying to push south west and running out of Ammo? It's okay, I can just drive back to The Rink and resto- GOD DAMNIT
  12. FieldMarshall

Im BR99 and i still dont understand the AMP station generators and shields and SCUs and hud warnings and stuff.
    When does the SCU become vulnerable, when does the shields to AMP stations drop, because sometimes the generator is down and shields still up.
    I dont understand what triggers the SCU shield on outposts.
    I dont understand why some bases doesent have MBT acquisition even though its connected to a tech.
    I dont know why a random hud marker pops up, like when you damage someone with flak/implants or whatever, but happens when you dont do anything.
    And much, much more.

And i realized that i just have to ignore it and ride the soe rollercoaster of confusing design.
    If i try to make sense of it, ill probably end up sitting naked in the shower eating cookies and crying.
    • Up x 2