They Call Him Sanic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Daigons, May 22, 2017.

1. Daigons

"I'm so fast that you can't report me..." --Sanic

From what we saw this player was doing, I think they were just screwing around. They weren't instant ganking players.
    • Up x 7
  2. Diilicious

not the point, he was cheating, simple as. instant hyperban pls
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

I think a warning and scrutiny to his characters is in order, but not necessarily a ban. Cheating without affecting others negatively and with the sole intention of a laugh is ok in my book.
    • Up x 2
  4. stalkish

NAaa thats just lag.....right........right??

This is bad for the game, really bad.
    Not only does it make the game look like a cheap 'anything goes' hackers paradise but you can clearly see in the video the effect it had, vid maker was paying attention to the speed hacker and not the battle at hand.
    If youre in a vehicle you dont want some superfast 'i can kill you instantly' infantry hovering around your vehicle, its a danger to your existence so you have to pay attention to it. You have no way of knowing whether or not they're going to 'negatively affect' the enemy so you cannot ignore them.
    I can guarantee that while some1 was busy following the speedster around, one of their teammates was killed by some1 they would have killed had it not been for said speedster.

Instant perma ban for all their accounts.
  5. Diilicious

lol what? just what. Really? just a slap on the wrist? no, its not like the cheats just fell onto his computer, or it was a temporary bug that he was making the most of, this person has perposefully gone and downloaded hacks for this game and then started ******* around in game. it brings down the overall quality of the game when people KNOW there are hackers and they arent just mythical creatures, especially when nothing happens to those that do cheat.

Perma. Banned.

the only way I would accept that this person or any other person would be unbanned after cheating, is by revealing other cheaters, and the cheats they used so the devs can fix the game. even then id still ban for six months minimum
  6. Demigan

The reason why you are upset with cheats is because cheats that have ruined your play experience.
    This cheat doesn't ruin it, or at least the player using it doesn't ruin it. Yes, the guy needs to be looked at and controlled to prevent future cheats that do harm other player experience, but he shouldn't be banned for cheats that increase enjoyability.

In fact, the guy is basically doing DBG a service. Without removing extra players from the playerbase they get a live test of this cheat so they can find and ban other people using it in the future.
    • Up x 1
  7. Daigons

I always liked the post where someone was accusing LegendaryFruitLoop as being a cheater, only to screenshot their own cheating exploit that's they were using.

[IMG]

It might be a waste of certs, but an amusing one.
    [IMG]
  8. Diilicious

what dont you understand about that when people are using cheats, i dont care what they are doing with those cheats, my game play experience is already being negatively effected, either by the cheater pissing people off and making them leave and therefore giving me less things to kill. or pissing me off directly by running around thinking they are the embodiment of a meme and diverting my attention from the actual game im supposed to be playing. its not funny.

Perma. Banned.
  9. Tankalishious

Ok that wad actually pretty ***** funny
    • Up x 1
  10. Tankalishious

The picture, what is the giveaway of the exploit?
  11. Daigons

If you look just below the TR vehicle spawn terminal, take notice of the opposing faction colored icons that appear even though there is a wall in the way. It looks like the original post was removed by DBG, so I won't re-post the link of the PS2 Cheating site where the author of the cheat has the same name as their PS2 account name. A little Google research will provide further answers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tankalishious

Thanks. ****heads like this deserves IP ban.
  13. Demigan

The punishment should fit the crime.

A player that "fun" cheated and gets a slap on the wrist has been warned. But if you perma-ban that player like that, he's got a beef with the company. And those cheaters are the worst. Most cheats are there for personal gain, but an angry cheater that you perma-banned when he goofed around isn't going to cheat for personal gain. He's going to use cheats like the suicide thing. Cheats that say "hello DBG, I'm in the area now and making it nigh impossible for your customers to play or enjoy the game". They will actively destroy the game.

So don't perma-ban these guys. Perma-ban the cheaters who actually ruin the game. Warn these guys, ban them for a short while so they actually can feel punished but not go "if I can't then no one can" on the game because they still have the option to enjoy it if they come back.
    • Up x 1
  14. Twitch760

I've gotten a bug once where I was just like this guy and running around hyper fast. I doubt that this is the case but it can happen.
  15. The Rogue Wolf

I've got to pull the "broken window" argument on you. People who see other players cheat, in any fashion, and then later learn that the cheater was not punished, can end up believing that cheaters are tolerated by the developers. Unscrupulous types may then turn to cheating themselves, while others may quit in disgust. There is no guarantee that someone who runs cheats "just for funzies" isn't going to later use them for purposes of winning.
  16. Demigan

I never said they should go unpunished. A warning can also include a temporary ban. And if they cheated once, you can keep an easier eye on them to see if they cheat again.