There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Eranyo, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Eranyo

"There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes."

Launcher issues.

seriously guys, who ever wrote your launcher should no longer touch a computer ever again.
    one of the most unstable garbage piece of software I have ever seen.

same goes for the person who chose that error syntax. like .. what is your user supposed to do with that information ? we both know in 30 minutes nothing is going to get changed so why even suggest waiting ?

Cleared cache, tried setting proxy to your servers, tried re-installing them game, shut off my firewalls, and still, the launcher won't let me log in. two days ago, everything was fine, now all of sudden can't play.
    seriously guys, rewrite the launcher, lose the port-in dependency (which the game does not require only your damned launcher does). and fire the guy who wrote the current one, its bad. just. bad.

Or for the sake of gameplay, allow users to directly run the executable to launch the game and compare versions or checksum or something.

i could understand having a launcher if it would at least save us some LOADING screens, (you need to pass 3 loading screes to play for some odd reason no one ever thought of letting user CHOOSE the player \ continent he wants to play while IN the launcher and have only 1 loading instead of 3 ?!)
  2. 9VoltChiken

I deleted all files & folders related to Planetside2 in: C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment\Digests

A note about checking if this is the cause:
    Check Planetside 2 main directory for a file called .DownloadError. scroll to the end of that file if there it says some smeg about "BadDigestSig"

eg. ,

Thu Feb 22 22:32:04 3102: BadDigestSig - HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Moved Permanently (301 - 198.105.244.69) -
    http://manifest.patch.station.sony....ivecommon/live/planetside2-livecommon.sha.soe Now, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga has come. ... Do not wander lost in doubt and delusion :eek::confused:o_O

Or something of that sort, then the above is the solution to correcting this problem. Some people may also need to delete their PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache folder too and then you'll have to put in your username and pass again on launch.

Hope this helps.