There needs to be 4 things required at the top of every post in this forum

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obscura, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Obscura

1. Age?
    2. How long have you been playing planetside 2?
    3. What empire do you mainly play?
    4. Is your name scr1inrusher?

Then let the players/devs decide if their thread is worth taking seriously(after its read).

but the last question if you answer yes you are locked out for a day lol.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

I find a good metric to follow is to look at a person's forum profile. It's not perfectly accurate but it's the most workable number when there are no characters listed in the signature.
    It's true he can be a helicopter parent to his threads sometimes; but, perhaps just barring him from replying for a day is better.
  3. Iridar51

Lol that's just nasty, man :d
  4. Scr1nRusher

Is someone crying or angry for some reason?

Please act your age.
    • Up x 3
  5. Campagne

Meh.

Age -- I dislike this very much. It reduces the anonymity of the internet, and invokes the negative stereotype that youth equates to immaturity and ignorance, where this is not always the case.

Myself, for example, have been told that I am "wise beyond my years" ever since I was a preteen, and have been jaded for as long as anyone can remember.

Play time -- while this could be a good indicator, the difference between five hours and five days is not always large. One could have played five minutes as a pre-nerf ZOE MAX and would reach the same conclusion that they would have had they played for five days; ZOE MAXes were insanely OP prior to their nerf.

If they were to be ignored just because they hadn't spent as much time as other players, things might not change for a long time, if at all. Besides, who's to say how much time is enough? Maybe if large amounts of play time only counted as a bonus to credibility...

Main empire -- This is not unfair, but leaves plenty of room for interpretation.

Name -- I do believe this counts as a personal attack. :eek:
  6. Ximaster

Age- Im an adult.

Play time- I have played this game since 2013,but because my computer in his time was trash,i need to take a break after build a decent computer. Now im playing since 1 month ago.

Main empire- Well i can discuss here,first reach of BR26 was Vanu,but i think that my main gonna be TR. And i usually play HA with my TR.

Name- U can see my in game nick names in my signature.
  7. soeguud

.. Silly idea. Nothing gained from dickparading - you get that from the user signatures anyway.
  8. Obscura

why, do you hear someone who is? lol are you hearing the voices again scr1nrusher?

it's a joke, but your threads aren't exactly 100% constructive or relevant to planetside 2 and discussing how it could be better, lets put it that way.

thats true, but most people including me don't write someone off because they are young, you can tell by reading it if someone is worth listening too. We were that kid once and Ive played with quite a few younger gamers that were mature for their age, but the vast majority of that gamers in that age range(12-16) don't know what is best for the game itself or conduct themselves maturely on forums lol.

its still anonymous, no specific information about you is given, because age does not reveal your identity. It just helps really useless threads die alot faster if the information given is accurate, because people can save the time from replying to a thread because they assume its posted thoughtfully and grounded in rational thought. But it's really not.

Ill use one rough example:
    A (insert here) thread is UP is posted, and you know right off the bat that this person is any age, has 30 hours gametime played, and mainly plays that empire. You can just click the back button and go ahead and move on to another thread because this ones not worth it lol.

theres alot of ways its useful i think, and at least if the devs DO happen to read the forums, they have some specific and relevant data about the player who posted that thread.
  9. Campagne

Your statements here really seem to contradict each other. I think that you do still have a slight bias against youth, as otherwise you probably wouldn't have included age as a relevant factor.

Age is still an important factor with one's social identity, and is often relevant with governmental and banking information. While maybe harmless to divulge, it's better to be safe than sorry.
  10. CorporationUSA

None of that stuff matters when speaking philosophically.

For balance discussion, it sort of matters, but someone isn't necessarily going to have an informed perspective on the matter just because they have been playing since beta, or because they main that faction. A good example would be people who don't fly an ESF complaining that AA should be more powerful and be more than just a deterrent. I just can't take someone seriously when they say that, even if they have 5000 hours in the game. There is definitely either bias or ignorance behind their opinion.
  11. f0d

1 lets just say i was way WAY past legal drinking age when ps1 came out in 2003
    2 played tech/alpha/beta tests before making my character first day of ps2
    3 i played all 3 but i guess vanu is most played
    4 yes... no wait.... no

now i have answerered all that can i make a thread asking for cookies? :D
  12. Obscura

The two you highlighted contradict each other when you single them out and disregard the rest lol. There is no bias against someones credibility just because they are young, if they write a thoughtful constructive post then like I said it won't just be ignored.

being anonymous actually just means your non identifiable, meaning that if all that is known about someone is their age, there would be no way to identify that person based on only that information, thus they are still anonymous.