There is NO reason that NC and TR tanks should be able to shoot aircraft out of the skies.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HowCanSheSlap, May 5, 2013.

1. PhiladelphiaCollins

If you're being shot down by tanks, you're just being terrible.
  2. LightningWolfTigrBer

I can count the number of times I've been taken out by a tank round mid-air on one hand. Not only does it take more than a little skill, but it also takes a lot of luck. I think in all the dozens of times I've tried to fire at an ESF with my Mag I've brought down maybe two.
  3. DjUnicorn

All I read was the part that says "Me and my friends are terrible pilots and we cannot seem to understand the difference between fights that aircrafts have a high risk of dying and low risk so please nerf tanks to make it easy for us, kthxbai"
  4. InZanity

Its not that hard if you time it right and lead properly, just like with any weapon/vehicle
  5. Caydn

You must be a poor pilot if tanks shoot you down all the time ,
  6. LordMondando

The bold underlined is where your going wrong. Its not even close to easy. Even a stationary hovering target is a hard shot to make at range due to the drop.
  7. PyroPaul

so let me translate this...

'The magrider that has a lower shot profile, because it has no turret, has difficulty shooting down planes....
    Nerf Every one elses ability to shoot down planes because i can't shoot down planes!!!

Also, to add to my point, Tanks shouldn't counter stupid low flying pilots (like myself) whom hover in place long enough for a tank to eventually land a shell on them! Tank guns are to counter ground targets!! and us low skill pilots shouldn't have to worry about being shot at by anything on the ground!'

does that sound accurate to any one else?
  8. Alarox

Aircraft can stay high enough that tanks can't even aim at them. Solution? Fly higher.

I was going to make a longer post about how there are no possible solutions to this problem that make any sense, about how this only happens to bad pilots, and how it's either complete luck or skill on the part of the tank, but my first statement is enough. You're getting hit by tanks? Fly higher or go A2A.
  9. Alarox

Pretty much. People with low skill (pilots who aren't even smart enough to come down from above) want to remove the ability for skilled players (people who can accurately shoot down ESFs) to have an advantage on them.
  10. NietCheese

I'm still laughing about this one.
    So by the same measure, an ESF with Rocket Pods which can kill tanks very quickly shouldn't be able to shoot down other aircraft?
  11. NC_agent00kevin

When an aircraft flys low enough to shoot, its the pilot's fault.

Magriders can shoot down ESFs too. Park on an incline. Like other tanks usually do.

I shot down ESFs before the buff, and with Lightnings too. Theres a few examples in the vid in my signature.
  12. HowCanSheSlap

13. Wulfen109

Im sorry but if you are being shot down by MBT often enough to make a post, than you should really reflect upon your piloting skills. I swat down any Scythe or Mossie that is stupid enough to fly that low while hovering. Maybe go in for a moving strike without hovering, then you will find this issue much less occuring
  14. Wulfen109

They just buffed your default camo (to make you invisible at nighttime) and weapons at long range. If you wanna talk about Big bad nerfs, try using a NC max after the Scattergun nerf that everyone and their mother's had to cry about in order to make it happen:p
  15. freeze

I don't think NC realizes how easy it currently is for a Vanguard to shoot down planes :)
    • Up x 2
  16. Doombunny

Oh my god, pilots have some of the best stats in the game BUT DO YOU EVER STOP WHINING? Shut up and play or quit, its getting old.
  17. Eskara

As a dedicated Mag driver I can say that Mags have absolutely no problem shooting ESFs out of the sky. I've probably shot about 20-30 today alone.........

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Yes it takes a little more skill in the fact you have a larger bullet drop and slower projectile than the other MBTs but that just means you have to lead your target/compensate more. Use the terrain to your advantage - slopes/small hills are your best friend here. The only other thing I can say is practice, practice, practice....
    • Up x 1
  18. siiix

are you crazy , of course they should ... how often did you got shoot by a tank ? i bet its only a few times

if you think they shoot you down "directly above under you" then you must be high ;)
  19. Hibiki54

Stop hover spamming rockets, then. Simple as that. L2P
  20. GhostAvatar

Sorry, what now?

This has been going on since the very beginning for all factions. Only difference is that TR has to two shot you for a kill. There are plenty of montages like this for all the factions, go check them out.
    • Up x 2