There is NO reason that NC and TR tanks should be able to shoot aircraft out of the skies.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HowCanSheSlap, May 5, 2013.

1. gudman591

Fine example of how applying "reality check" argument fallacy with no long-term thinking can bite you in the rear.
  2. HowCanSheSlap

It's Saron, and SOE already greatly nerfed it by giving it a firing delay and decreasing the bullet velocity by a large amount.

They seem to have a hard-on for nerfing Vanu though. Not sure why.
  3. gudman591

But but but but TR and VS can shoot flying aircraft with their ESRL!

Good job mate, satisfying, isn't it? Doing something you're not specialized to do and succeeding? I feel it when I kill enemy ESFs with my Decimator.
  4. 2Slow2Calm

There is a more pressing issue here. We still need to answer the question:

How can she slap?
  5. InZanity

Im rather interested in seeing stats from your 3 characters btw..
  6. Sifer2

I didn't bother reading all the responses so maybe it was mentioned already. But this is mostly a none issue since Tank main guns only aim upwards so far. If you don't want to get sniped out of the sky by a tank don't hover low to the ground. And like the second poster said the TR tank actually required you to land TWO difficult trick shots in a row. So it's more a Vanguard problem than anything.
  7. THUGGERNAUT

already been mentioned but it is far from easy to shoot down ESFs with the main cannon. it only happens when the ESF pilot is flying so low and slow that anything could have killed them. any ESF pilot killed by a tank shot deserved it, bottom line.
  8. MasterTater

Funny how shameless trollnig is abused to fk over a viable and important request just to keep their selfish ignorant and completely game balance advantage which can not be justified by a single argument.

Fkn filth fart.
  9. Liquid23

by moving her hand real fast I suppose
  10. P4NJ

Planes just need a way to deliver their payload without going in a predictable manner. If you're doing ground attack, there is always the risk that one of the many things that can OHK you will hit you.
  11. Purg

LOL. You must be new here. Yes, those gods of the sky who grace us with their skill aren't allowed to be shot down. Somebody please get this man a copy of the memo.
  12. WalrusJones

I have been doing this with the lightning, in abandonment of my skyguard......

Its pretty difficult, but Meh.

We need non nose-targeted weaponry.
  13. ZaebashySoSOE

Because SOE nerfed Skyguard into basement level. Low damage + slow projectile speed + horrific accuracy and precision.
    Somebody need to tweet to devs something like - "When Skyguard will be effective and why its made into bogey scarecrow "
  14. Jalek

The OP says that it happens to him every day, only proving that some people never learn and try a different approach to things.
    I've taken a lot of shots at aircraft and never successfully led, it's only the stationary ones that get hit, much like infantry when a noob sniper's around.
  15. NaySayer

I love shooting down libs with the anti tank phalanx turrets. Fly that low&slow and it's the pilots fault. Same with the tank. No nerf is needed here. AWAY WITH YOU OP!!!!
  16. GSZenith

stop lolhover and lolpod?
  17. Tekuila

Well tank drivers cried about esf killing them so why not.
  18. HellasVagabond

You must be playing another game since a rocket like the halberd is the fastest currently....HEAT shells need a buff in speed, so do AP.
  19. InZanity

Just for arguement sake i went on my BR 7(ish) vanu, bought the sauron and went out, managed to down 2 mossies with the main and hit several with the sauron..
  20. The King

Magriders really cannot hit air unless they do not move for awhile.

TR and NC can.... It isn't that hard either. As soon as I started using these two tanks, it was amazing. Especially in lockdown mode for the prowler. The Vanguard didn't need any help though.. Was shooting liberators with ease. Couldn't believe it.

IMO, they need to change the magrider's main cannon by moving it higher and having less drop and more velocity. Cuz that **** is slow and really useless on anything hitting skies..

Doubt it.