There is a total of 10 ppl whining about C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Jun 26, 2013.

1. makrome

Your line of defense for your tank (clearly the purest teamwork tool) might be a bit bigger than what you think it is.
    When a single infantryman is hugging your tank your defense has already failed.
    Where was your part of teamwork again ?
    Or was it the fault of your teammates since it clearly shouldn't be something you had to care about.
    What's next, every player carrying C4 gets inflated in a similar fashion like the tank mines did ?
    Can i have a marshmallow man costume/camo with that...
  2. dough

Works for me.. the counsel for the defense withdraws his objection. ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. dough

First, he didn't say that.. he is just saying that there are lower cost alternatives that are more efficient to kill a tank (I agree). Keep arguing that all you like, but I doubt its going anywhere.

The strongest argument for C4 existing isn't that its efficient.. but that its fun to use (and no.. I don't use it.. go look at my stats).

And on 'there is no counter for a tank', that is beyond silly. Moving is the counter. Simply stepping on the gas. Good fields of fire is a good one. Good situational awareness another. Is it that hard to see that?

I've driven a lightning a fair bit, and a MBT some.. and never been zapped by c4.. of course.. I don't stupidly sit in the center of a base surrounded by 20 other tanks waiting for a cap to happen either.. Those types of situations prove there is just no cure for stupidity.

Jumping to some preferred conclusion to prove your point is convenient, but not logical (your argument is a case of deductive fallacy).
  4. dough

Teamwork is what prevents the sticks of C4 from ever being placed on your tank, its not what helps in remediating the action.. again.. utter nonsense. If you want to promote teamwork, you INCREASE the punishments, which cause everyone to pay much more attention at all times or suffer against those that do teamwork better.

Want the best teamwork? Go join the US Marines.. where the penalty for screwing up is death.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hoki

Teamwork is also what enables the infantry to put C4 on them in the first place. Someone is preoccupying the tank driver, thus allowing someone to put C4 on their but-t
    • Up x 1
  6. KlyptoK

There is also no infantry or aircraft = boring.
  7. dough

I repeat, the simplest and most effective way to not get C4'd is just to not sit still in situations where you can get ambushed with C4... it ain't that hard.. you are theorizing where its not necessary.. Every single time I've seen someone get whacked by C4 they are sitting still near enemy infantry, and the other potential defenders are simply not paying attention. I've actually killed a lot of folks trying to pull this stunt when I'm hull down on a hill (the LAs will try rocketing over the hill).. its why I stay zoomed OUT except for just when I'm firing. And I don't stop my tank near buildings that are contested.. just an excellent way to get whacked by some lone wolf LA willing to commit suicide for a tank kill.

This ain't rocket science here.. even though folks keep coming up with reasons to try to explain away the obvious. Good habits keep you alive, bad habits get you killed.

The whole whining about C4 is just a non-starter argument-wise. Folks act stupid then don't want to pay the price. My take: too bad. And I'm NOT a C4 user.. I don't do LA at all, and if I'm doing Engy or Medic my goals are quite different than a C4 user.

Finally.. you are saying 'teamwork' for distraction.. but in my experience I've literally NEVER seen it. Folks in this game don't even know now to stack and enter a room properly.. now you are imagining folks are coordinating to distract before a C4 attack.. gimme a flippin break.
    • Up x 1
  8. WookLordz

Irrelevant lol? You're the one that said it. So yes, quit your whining. Tank infantry farming is some non teamwork soloplay BS.

If you can't "react/repair/die/etc" during the 5 second period it takes to blow up a tank with C4..............
  9. WookLordz

Did you even read my post? Judging from your reply, it seems like you missed the whole point.
  10. dough

Pretty fun game actually... but this game is certainly got its points also..
  11. Laraso

None of those things can be attributed to a problem with C4. That's a problem with the Harasser and drop pods.

From what I remember, most people agreed that the cost of C4 was too high. For every vehicle you kill, you spend 200 infantry resources, so if anything the cost is actually balanced now.
  12. dough

You didn't get his argument? He is saying for 450 vehicle resources he can kill LOTS of people and vehicles vs. 200 for a single kill with 3 C4 charges. The explanation for that is called an amortization schedule. Amortize the cost of your killing device over the kills you make. The lower the cost per kill, the more efficiently you are using those scarce resources. And its how folks in the real world (and those in PS2 looking for an edge) make decisions on how to efficiently use scarce(r) resources. Now that vehicle resources are slower to accumulate, folks have to make real trade off decisions like this.. Its why the slower accumulation of resources is GOOD. Its also the basis for why the argument against C4 is so silly. C4 is never going to be able to do massive damage to a whole team.. because you are restricted in how many you can pull in an hour, and can only kill one vehicle with each load. Tanks don't have that restriction.

It basic economics son, basic economics.

And yet again.. I'm not arguing for any change to either tanks or C4.. they are just fine. C4 deaths in a tank is due to not paying attention. Its Darwinism in action. I'm totally ok with that..

There is a basic rule of armored combat in urban situations that real life soldiers know.. keep your infantry close to protect the tanks. Tanks in close proximity to enemy infantry will tend to die if not properly defended by good infantry (of course, in real life the infantry is playing for keeps.. so they actually TRY to protect the tanks.. which is a rarer occurence in this game based on personal experience).. This game simulates that mechanic very well indeed.. much to the chagrin of the little kiddlies that play it.
  13. deggy

Can we agree that there are more than 10 people who want it changed now? That was the original premise of this horribly redundant thread. There was already a C4 vs. MBT thread when you made this one. Why did you make this one instead of posting in another one?

Oh, that's right. You wanted to restart the discussion in your favor and claim that the side you didn't agree with didn't have an argument. Got it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Yasa

Nerf harasser hp
  15. Hoki

Actually I agree with this whole heartedly. They shouldn't get composite armor as an option.

Also having the halberd on them is a little over the top. It turns them into tank predators.
  16. EliteEskimo

I think MBT's should get composite armor as an option don't you?

After all if an APC can why can't a MBT?
  17. Hoki

God no. That last buff made it take 10 AP shells to take out a magrider with front armor. The more difficult you make it to kill a tank the more you pander to the zerg, the more you marginalize the element of surprise.

I'm still pissed off they nerfed the rear damage. I'm sorry but two full salvos from the rear with AP shells should kill a tank. 2 decimator shots should kill a tank. Not everybody is running a full tank buster loadout.
  18. EliteEskimo

Well I disagree since the high cost of the composite would turn zergers away and allow for dedicated and coordinated tankers to own vehicle zergs even if they were outnumbered. The rear armor buff was needed so tanks didn't have to keep their butts against rocks all the time, that was down right stupid.:rolleyes:
  19. Hoki

Thats just another way of saying you don't need to watch your back. It was basically like giving tanks nanoweave to prevent OHK headshots.

And hell, would you be willing to trade your rear armor buff for taking less C4 damage? I sure as hell wouldn't.
  20. EliteEskimo

Considering how hilariously easy it is to flank a tank it was a good call to make and I'm glad I made the combined arms gameplay thread to help convince the devs to buff tanks. Anyhow every infantry class but infiltraitors can counter tanks, and a MBT can never attack an infantry where that infantry couldn't fight back. Hoki I'm glad you act mature when you debate, props, but we'll have to agree to disagree here. Btw, I totally agree with your sig I wanted a wire guided dumbfire launcher too:)