There is a total of 10 ppl whining about C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Fightfan84

C4 is underpowered. Harassers and Liberators should die to two C4 bricks. End of story.
    • Up x 2
  2. WookLordz

There is a game called World of Tanks where.... there... is.... NO C4 AT ALL!

Go there.
    • Up x 1
  3. Phazaar

Firstly, on the cost argument, not really. To start with, it's more like half the cost of the tank (200 resources to kill the thing), but secondly there's the chance of that failing. There's 0 chance that you don't spawn in a tank when you spend your 450 resources. There's 0 chance your tank doesn't have that offensive capability, nor the defensive capability. You get what you've paid for. You can spend 200 resources on C4 and see it entirely wasted due to lag, the driver actually paying attention and simply driving away at 10kph, another attack landing that takes the killing blow and would have done so anyway, or worst of all, being INCAPACITATED. *rant lower down* I'd love to see success rates with C4 placed within say 2m of a tank. I'd bet damned good money it's less than 50%. In fact, there's probably a pretty good way of checking.

Assuming the accuracy tracking of C4 is correct, it has an ASTONISHINGLY LOW 11% hit rate. http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/explosive/ Now factor in that that includes detonations on infantry, MAXs, Sunderers that don't blow up, and MBTs that only take part of the blast and don't necessarily die of it, and suddenly it's a bit like WOW. C4 is ******* EXPENSIVE. Even without those factors, what you're saying is C4 gets a kill 1 in 10 times. So 1000 resources spent for one kill. Yeouch.

If you don't get the kill (i.e. one brick sticks), you'd have been better off using a rocket launcher, just to really stick the boot in too. You'd also have the option of being 800m away to do it (okay, 300m reasonably speaking).

And to sum that up into my 'second' point; yes, you can remove a 450 resource force multiplier with 200 resources of utilities. But you can also do it with 2 people (still essentially 1v1 given 2 people in an MBT) with Decimators, costing 0 resources, and having a MUCH faster TTK, not to mention an effective range of 500m.
    • Up x 6
  4. Endlos

It still amazes me that people expect/demand that a lone infantry unit can easily One-Hit-Kill a freaking main battle tank in a supposed "combined arms" game.

Killing enemy tanks should require your own tanks, or coordinated, concentrated fire from ground troops. Not some dude running/floating kamikaze at a tank and clicking his mouse 3 times.

People should get absolutely decimated by vehicles outdoors unless they stick to good cover and work in groups. When you arrive at a base, then you should be forced out of those vehicles to finish the fight for a piece of territory. Of course, PS2's geography and base design needs a complete do-over to allow for that style of gameplay, though.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xae

C4 punishes bad players.

If you die to C4 EVER you got outplayed.

Sometimes people in game are better than you and they kill you. Stop crying, analyze your mistakes and get better.
    • Up x 1
  6. Stargazer86

We've had that. If you've paid any attention to the forums since beta, you'd have since an absolute deluge of posts about Tankside, tankzergs, OP tanks, ect. It got so bad that the developers actually added additional cover to bases to protect infantry from bombarding tanks and prevent them from worming their way into a facility.

Good grief. It's like people around here have a 2 week memory.

Next thing you'll hear is people demanding infiltrators be given shotguns...

It also amazes me that tankers believe they have an absolute right to farm infantry with impunity and should only die to a perfectly coordinated squad of 6+ people. I wouldn't mind that at all. It'd make it more real life and tactical. In that case, aircraft would be a nice counter against ta-waaaaaaaait a minute. No, tankers didn't like dying to aircraft either so they whined until they got an armor upgrade.
    • Up x 2
  7. Jachim

If they reduced the damage of C4 to put them in the red, forcing two LA's to work together, I'd be fine with it. As it stands, sorry but it's extremely solo-play friendly and contributes to poor gameplay in general. Combined arms requires teamwork and the LA/C4 combo is the exact opposite of that.

I'd be fine if they even allowed tanks to cert into anti-c4 reactive armor or some such but as it stands i doubt they'll do that.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jachim

Spoken like a true no-skill C4-spammer. :)
    • Up x 2
  9. Jachim

There is this game called Call of Duty where there are NO TANKS AT ALL!

Go there.
    • Up x 3
  10. Jachim

Since when are tanks designed to farm infantry? There is no argument there. Only solo-play zergies do that. You're looking at this from a blind and ignorant perspective of a call of duty player who only wants infantry in their game. Quit it. This is a combined arms game and you should have coordinated tactics as infantry to fight armor. Or, you know, HAVE YOUR OWN DAMN ARMOR TO COMBAT IT.
  11. Jachim

Hey, something we can agree on. Let's fix this for everone. Reduce the cost of C4 substantially, but don't let it instantly destroy a tank. :) It's sad that harassers can survive two sticks with max composite armor but a tank has no counter.
  12. Alarox

This game requires teamwork! Unless you're in an MBT right?

^ I'm a mostly solo player.

I use an MBT and C4 solo actually. Why should it be FORCED teamwork in order to take me down in an MBT?

Actually, if I'm paying attention it already does.
    • Up x 1
  13. Elrobochanco

Spoken like a guy who'd murdered dozens of LA in his tank. I might lose a vehicle to C4 once or twice a week. Also sweet lord multiquote man.

I don't think this means what you think it means. At least not in your favor.
  14. WookLordz

I'm confused. Did you confuse me with someone who was complaining about tanks being in the game? Did you confuse me with someone who was whining for tank nerfs? Go back and re-read, son. I was simply throwing a barb at the tanker whiners who are crying to nerf all the infantry anti-tank weaponry.

I LOVE C4ing tanks. It has, by far, induced the biggest adrenaline rushes I've had playing this game. I also take a lot of personal pride in the getaway. I'm not much of a suicide runner.
    • Up x 3
  15. WookLordz

Stop saying "one-hit-kill." It makes me discount everything else you say, due to it's complete irrelevance.

"clicking his mouse 3 times."

Your words, not mine.
  16. Fredfred

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing less c4 and tank mine spam, they also seem to kill a lot of teammates too. I think some players are just getting frustrated that c4 or tank mines can instagib tanks. Especially when you make suicide bombing runs so rewarding. Maybe this is why SOE added the tank superiority xp reward; to aid tank vs tank battles.
  17. Jachim

Adrenaline rush by suicide C4-spamming...

SEEK HELP
  18. Jachim

This is the most pathetic response I've seen yet.

Ladies and gentlemen let's try to compare the killing power of a tank to the killing power of C4! The most one-sided, assenine way of trying to prove that C4 isn't overpowered and needs its damage reduced!

This man has proven that C4 is NOT a tank! MIND BLOWN.
  19. Jachim

Irrelevant, the C4 should not destroy the tank with 2 sticks. It should be taken into the red, allowing the tank pilot or secondary to react/repair/die/etc.

This promotes teamwork. C4-spamming is the most non-teamwork soloplay BS in this game.
  20. GSZenith

c4 op i need to sit in my tank 24/7 :rolleyes:

/sarcasm