[Suggestion] The Zoe problem

Discussion in 'MAX' started by M3s0L33T, Oct 16, 2014.

1. M3s0L33T

This is a problem that I and im sure many other's have been thinking about since Zoe was was hit so hard with the nerf hammer that ammo canisters see's more play than this... Zoe imo is broken at its very core, giving increased mobility to a max was a bad idea in the first place or atleast it is given the way zoe works at the moment.

So we come to my idea / suggestion in all honesty im not sure how it will be recieved so here goes :p

Make Zoe give stealth to the max, now that would seem op so to balance once the ability has been activated it cannot be switched off, a short duration maybe around 3 secs with a shortish cooldown (30 seconds at max rank)

how this could be used is to turn the VS max into a suprise shock and awe... again this is a rough idea so any ideas regarding it are welcome :D
    • Up x 1
  2. DatVanuMan

That sounds sickly underpowered. First of all, people can spot you. Second of all, how will stealth actually help you?
    UNLESS you're talking about a cloak. THEN, your idea is far too amazing.
  3. _itg

Turning ZOE into a cloak actually might be workable for AI purposes, since it could be balanced by being permanently in sprint mode and if necessary given a longer uncloak time. It would be pretty overpowered for AV work, though.
  4. Ocaml

ZoE could be reworked into longer-range mode MAX:
    1. Ability is cooldown-based.
    2. Initial CoF is highly reduced (like by 50%).
    3. CoF bloom is increased considerably.
    4. Damage degradation over distance is removed.
    5. Damage from weapons is reduced by 2 tiers (like 143 ->112).
  5. Gemenai

1. increases accuracy and movement speed during time online + slight increased dmg taken
    2.if togled can´t be toggled off, can only be toggled if ability is charged
    3.Killing an enemy charges a percentage of the ability; targets killed while ability active cause more charge gain, slowly charges small amount over time every couple of seconds
    4.certing into the ability reduces dmg taken , increases accuracy, movement speed, charge gain and duration
  6. Halkesh

Zoe can't be used until it don't have a ON/OFF button.

Anyway, I prefer a totally different Zeo ability, something like this could be good :

On use, it create a large (EMP/Flash/concussion => not chose yet) effect, like if the MAX was a EMP grenade. Ally and the MAX aren't hit by the explosion.
    Enemy vehicle in the area are also hit by this ability : they lose their mini-map and their HUD, plus they caught fire.
    While the ability is on cooldown, the MAX glow and received more damage (something like +35%).
    • Up x 1
  7. Drag0

All they needed to do is add a timer like it is now and leave most of it alone. I use it now but I'm a dedicated MAX player in a MAX outfit ;)
  8. asmodraxus

Give charge to the VS and then delete it from the other empires? Ah the hate from the other empires.

Or just delete ZoE and come up with something useful, but seeing as with SOE the VS appear to be the red headed step child faction I'm not going to hold my breath.
    • Up x 2
  9. TriumphantJelly

Give VS MAXes Drifter jets!
  10. Lord_Avatar

I wonder if the VS would consider this a workable solution:

1). ZOE is reworked into a free toggle ability.
    2). It gets to keep it's current movement modifiers.
    3). The damage boost is converted into a COF/recoil reduction (noticeable, but minor).
    4). ZOE keeps the current dmg resistance malus.
    5). ZOE loses it's ugly glow in favour of a less obnoxious, yet equally obvious visual cue.
    • Up x 1
  11. MAXArmar

Would be an improvement but I still would never consider swapping out Charge for that.
  12. Murx

Rework ZOE to an endless ammunition skill with overheat function like base turrets but working with all weapon loadouts. ;)
  13. OldMaster80

Imho the most realistic solution is they change numbers. Something between the first version and current crap.
    The problem right now is the damage boost is so trivial that it doesn't justify the resistance penalty.
  14. vanu123

I'd be all for this, but it would make ammo canisters (more) useless. This change could be applied to the Vortex however.
  15. vanu123

Personally I'd like to see a sort of drifter/normal jump jets for the max. Course the fuel would be limited due to the max being much heavier than the normal infantry but it would at least be dependent on the user on how good/bad the ability is.
  16. Problem Officer

"Plasma Core Bypass"
    Mags are instantly reloaded and ammo consumption drains directly from reserve.
    The drawback for rerouting allthethings is decreased efficiency, each shot costing twice the ammo.
    (Fully certed) Duration ~5 seconds, cooldown 15-20 seconds.
    Can be triggered while firing and immediately before mags run dry.
    Comet and Vortex would see a brief dps spike, AI/AA weapons would require far less taking cover for reloading,
    Cosmos in particular when fully certed, timed and resupplied would be able to fire indefinitely.
  17. Keldred

Ill take MAX jump jets like VS had in Planetside 1. Jump to 18:34 and see it in all its glory.

18. DoomFruit

Or, you could equip Blueshifts, keep the same down-range rate of fire (while twice your shots might hit, you'll be firing half as often because of the CoF bloom) and forego the damage penalty. This is even worse than current ZOE - at least that doesn't downgrade your guns simply by switching it on.
  19. Ocaml

Blueshifts have the lowest DPS and magazine size which is often vital in short range fights. Sometimes I think that it would be better if I bought Nebulas instead of Blueshifts.
  20. UnDeaD_CyBorG

There's plenty of suggestions for ZOE. You can see one of them in my Sig, and I obviously still think that's a good idea.
    Other ideas, also in this thread, revolve around tweaking the numbers, f.Ex. slightly more damage, or accuracy instead of damage.
    Or projectile speed.
    You could hybridize that, f.Ex. half the damage bonus, +10% muzzle velocity, -2% base CoF / Level.
    Then there's Drifter Jets, or, as I'm also a prime advocate of, Dash Jets (Half second sideways Drift at good speed, allowing you to dodge a rocket. Could combine with a double Jump off the same energy source).

I absolutely love your idea, btw. Maybe cloak, current ZOEs speed bonus, forced (silent)forward movement, and Thermal sight for the duration. That'd be a surprise :D

Yet another option mentioned a few times are heat mags or reloads, or triggered fast reloads. There'd also be the option of an Omni-Max; Activate ability to switch to a second set set of weapons.
    Or maybe a Martyr mode, taking increased damage in favour of shielding surrounding allies?