The World Ghostcapping Series is back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChickenCurrys, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JonboyX

I'd probably trust your opinion more than Sirisian ;)

We had the same on Miller most of last year in that log in stats were similar, but TR would always surge for events and at prime time. Everyone knew it, apart from Sirisian it seems (NC/VS 4th empire logged in, saw an event on, logged in as TR). Fortunately that has now subsided and NC are flavour of the month. I am waiting for a VS surge again, shame it might have to be tied to something like ZOE as their standard fayre is, well, standard, and hardly inspiring for new players.
  2. m3l0n

Zergfit VS leader talking about being outnumbered H@H@H@H@.

• Up x 5
  3. SpectreGhostWTR

lol..please tell us why you think my screens were from 23.00...and please tell us which day it was, since you seem to know
  4. Destiny300

okay pls stop ******** -.-

Yes, KOTV is a zergfit but never forget: The game is meant to played this way (I am a TR on woodman)
    Sure i don't like it too loose fights because KOTV jumps on our heads but think of that. They are free to move because you don't stall them everyone.
    AND THERE IS NO OVERPOP FOR VS!
    NC and TR are concentrating too much against each other and VS than can easily deploy there troops where they need them.

TR problem is we have so many outfits on woodman who think they can achieve something alone and so they never work together (I love them discussions on command chat ^^) Give someone on command the freedom to move all "public platoons" and we would have a chance! And TR is funny by one thing: WE HAVE THE NEED TO DEFEND EVERYTHING!
    There are this times, where we lost bases on purpose but we still won the alert!
    Why? We won because we worked together this times.

To the WDS aka ghostcap series (name it still correct, because there will be platoons ghostcapping on all sides):
    Yes, NC has overpop in the morning but you forget one crucial thing, chickencurry: Where does NC fight? Where does TR? Where does VS? I am playing during this mornings and i see one things which happens most of the times:
    1. NC is mainly concentrating on Indar
    2. After NC won a big fight on Indar in the morning against another faction and there was no good fight to find because NC had too much pop, a lot of this faction just logged or switched to NC characters!
    3. It was often the case that VS had gone to Esamir and TR to Amerish so each faction controlled a continent!
    4. NC always makes the mistake to split VS and TR fights into 2. That way both factions are starting to push NC only => NC warpgated after 1-2 hours ;)
    • Up x 1
  5. pintle

I have recently joined a few KOTV open platoons, having been severely flamed/personally insulted (repeatedly) by ChickenCurries in the last "Woodman VS omg" thread I got involved in.

I saw a lot of 60%+ (local) VS pop captures, followed by a lot of self indulgent and congratulatory platoon/yell chat.

If this outfit is anywhere near as good as they believe themselves to be, they can coordinate ~12 players during off peak times to win any ghostcapping contest. All it needs is the ability to land an ESF, kill the occasional AMS/Beacon/Gal, and read the map.

(Late) Last night a squad of 8 TR (not an outfit) on Ceres got a capture Amerish alert to within 2% of a win, facing off against 45% NC continent population. This was achieved by ..... not zerging! Splitting up forces, flipping points and moving on, and most importantly reading the map frequently. It is eminently achievable and does not require massive amounts of skill. Motivation to play the objective (efficiently) is the factor that makes the difference.

90% of ghostcappers don't know how to do actually ghost cap efficiently, and half of those that do are lonewolfing without an offensive spawn point or leader chat to call for back up.

If KOTV are half the outfit that you so rudely and aggressively assert that you are, surely this is the challenge you have been waiting for? I appreciate that the playstyle is the polar opposite of throwing 80+ people at one capture point, and that it requires independence and flexibility from those involved, but you guys are a "ruthlessly efficient", "highly organised" outfit yeah? 100% not a pug zerging goonswarm?

Man up, cert those recon darts, get in your scythe and stop whining <3
    • Up x 1
  6. R0mA

I don't know why, but every time I see his nick I see he's whining about something. Damn, now I'm sad.
    • Up x 2
  7. Destiny300

ahh, the good old ghostcapping (aka shameless fight)

yeah, it is maybe true that a public "random" platoon can't split up that good but they can still halve there forces.
    The hell we can even do that squad specific with public platoons so they will we able to do that do.

Still a few questions: How many people played the alert in total? (just what you think)
    Was there a big fight? (than you were just sneaky)
    Was there VS and NC fights mainly?

P.S.: Never forget the lattice will come on Amerish, so the ghostcapping times will be over and than you need to go to big fights too :p
    So get tactics for that one! In a 50/50 fight the one with the better tactic. And there only need to be a squad of 8 people to make a difference.
  8. SpectreGhostWTR

i strongly disagree with this. 1. planetside is a game. this means most people play it for fun. everyone can decide how he wants to have fun. but the majority of people will surely disagree that ghostcapping, zerging and spawncamping is fun. 2. just because you CAN do something doesnt mean, it's THE way to do it. e.g. abusing bugs is possible, but not right. abusing OP stuff is possible and effective, but again not the right thing. the "KOTV way" might work but it is not the way most people want to play and have fun.

are you really playing on woodman?

i agree on this point. but this happens cause many people dont want to play alerts anymore, bc of being zerged aka "skill-dropped" all of the time. this way of playing eliminates the competetive aspect of the game (chances of losing with 80% sector pop are rather small), so people that are not in squads or platoons just move somewhere else, where they find even fights, which seems to happen mostely between TR and NC, as both want to fight and not just "skill-drop2win".

actually TR outfits on woodman are working together. not all the time and not as good as they could, but claiming that they never do it just plain wrong, you might miss this cooperation due to the fact that they often coordinate in TS rather than the command chat.
  9. Ganelon

We're too busy ignoring command chat, barely anything good comes from it.
  10. shd

Hello.
  11. WaiZen

[IMG]^ Took that this morning on Woodman. /Thread?
    • Up x 1
  12. sucoon

i can absolutly agree with this. i started a new tr twink on woodman and the vs is dominating by numbers (especially on alerts). every station you get outnumbered 3:1 - 8:1. its boring and i log off and go to other servres with equal population like cobalt.
  13. lyravega

Are you a developer? Are you sure the game is meant to play this way? Don't think so.
  14. GamBilouTe

The original idea is not to prevent or complain much about ghostcapping, but to balance the reward system based on the population, which would actually cut both ways - Some people tend to forget.

Also, it's not really that the comments here (towards a rather decent suggestion by the way) are the last straw, but it is a bit sad to read the same old complaints and rants about the situation on Woodman without a relevant and substantial set of data to analyse, explain or strenghten anyone's view on the matter. Maybe intentionally - I would understand.

First, we have had a pretty good history of the world population on each server for a while through some websites. Second, noone can disagree that a group of teammates from an outfit on either faction from either server could actually split into 3 small squads, one for each faction, in order to : attend the alerts, listen to the command channel, log the instructions given by each faction, relate the logs to the events ingame (outpost control evolution), finalise the chronology, analyse the 3 threads of logs, then draw conclusions. This gives very useful lessons on why and how things have turned up a particular way across the months, especially if you repeat it a few times to get a trend even closer to reality (also assuming some outfits use external softwares to communicate between them, but that excludes the pubbies from the chessboard).

Everyone should have better things to do in their life than investing time in this, but when you start/keep complaining about something to a point where some people seem to grow grey hair before age, it would be good to rather start the process of understanding people behaviours better and the situation on a server from raw data, in order to better enjoy the game, better manage expectations, better react to events, or simply to find solutions. Nevertheless, it can be a useful investment for the ones who care so much about performing.

The problem is that you cannot find these solutions by just looking at your own faction and pretending you know/understand the others by only suffering them. For some reason, SOE (you'd probably want to fix the 4th faction thing for good actually) has given a very flexible and easy way of getting detailed and clear intel on your opponents' logic, reaction patterns, weaknesses and strengths on a given timeframe. Just feel free to use it, but please make sure you keep the challenge going up, and not down.
  15. Ketadine

Even if lattice comes to Amerish, there will still be ghost caps, not as frequent as they are now, but still enough to annoy.

3% TR ? : ))
  16. SpectreGhostWTR

taken about 1 min ago. damn those NC ghostcappers, i must say, chicken you were right :O

[IMG]