The World Ghostcapping Series is back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChickenCurrys, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Umrtvovacz

I don't understand. I meant it as: "I can't recall many TR outfit names, I know there are multiple outfits doing organized stuff, but the only name I can remember now is CORE." There was no irony in there. There is just not enough TR outfits prominent enough for me to remember them, which doesn't mean they are not doing organized stuff or that they are bad; they may be too small for me to notice, or I just don't remember the names. There was no attack on TR in my post, TR suck, NC suck, KOTV stomp, that is the Woodman reality.
  2. vsae

Actually, after changing sides over to VS, I realised one thing. TR dont stand a chance against VS at all. NC are much much better and doing a lot of coordinated effort to win. Outfits like FFS and now recently ORBS are showing up alot. TO the contrary of what someone else said above, G0DS are never to be seen, or so rare I dont even notice them.
    On the TR side it seems nobody even cares to organise pubbies at all. I see alot of wild roaming squads putting up fights or joining big battles only to die there repeatedly.
    There are couple of supposedly serious outfits like 2CA or EDT, but honestly they just lack sheer numbers to perform what they had in leaders' mind. Like capturing empty amp station with 2 squads to be stomped by KOTV reaction force of 3 squad MAX crash.
    And most importantly, I've played enough TR on woodman and heard ****loads of Vanu noskill zerglings, only to join Vanu and realize that the general faction skill floor is the same for the pubbies as for the TR, except there is more people running medics and actually healing you or engis giving ammo.
    The whole blabbering about VS being noskill just lost any meaning and from a standpoint of a experienced FPS player I can tell you I had harder time farming VS peasants than TR ones I do farm now.

Whenever you feel something is unfair, just try other side.
    • Up x 4
  3. Kufwit

Maybe the WDS should only be prime time, between certain hours. It certainly looks like that time is the only equal(ish) pop.

Yes it's an actual response to an actual question !
    • Up x 1
  4. StepAsideSon

I don't feel the need to "defend" KOTV, I simply stated facts and only facts, and if you think you are so skilled lets see you make 200 people in the server go to a location in 1 minute if you think its so easy.

People like you fail to understand that this game is not the average FPS game, its not counterstrike, its not about being the best shooter but being the best coordinator and understanding how to win the alerts which currently are the prime events of the server.
    If there is no skill needed to do that, why aren't you doing that exactly?
    • Up x 3
  5. HadesR

Think his point was those 60% on Esamir were not playing as a team, since some of their number would have been better used elsewhere .
    • Up x 1
  6. DG-MOD-04

Cleaning up and locking this thread to prevent further negative or non-constructive responses - it seems it's gone as far as it's going to for right now. Feedback noted though, OP.

Edit: For future reference, please keep our Forum Guidelines in mind when posting, guys.
    Thanks in advance,
  7. Ketadine

Well, most of the VS on Woodman is KOTV and the other factions usually don't like KOTV as in the majority of the VS, with a few exceptions of course.

Ah no. I am sorry to say, but CORE is but a shadow of it's former "glory". There are other more active TR outfits on Woodman, but we do lack "zerg" outfits. While we don't quite have such a "unified" leadership as the VS, we do have specialized outfits which I think is better for the long run.

ORBS is the new G0DS if you haven't noticed. And the last sentence ... yeah ...
    • Up x 3
  8. deggy

...In after the lock?

Seems like someone forgot to click a button :p
    • Up x 1
  9. Vanus Aran

10. TheFamilyGhost

"Ghost Capping"

Is the ghost the person that is doing the capping, or the person that can't be bothered to check on it?
    • Up x 2
  11. KnightCole

Doesnt everyone cooperate in WDS simply by playing the game and capping or defending posts?
  12. TheMudster

I just want to say that I believe you misinterpreted Luperza's post.

They've determined that under their scoring system, the population imbalances don't really figure into the score discrepancies.

Not just as a whole, but when looking at specific servers, even ones with significant population imbalances.

However, Warpgate position does create score discrepancies.
  13. CrashB111

Sounds like TR Matherson command when I can be requesting reinforcements for Esamir during a capture Esamir alert and hear not 2 seconds afterward someone else calling for help capturing Indar Excavation.
    • Up x 1
  14. SpectreGhostWTR

thank you soooo much for creating this thread, now i can finally post my screenshot from the woodman primetime alert:[IMG]

i really don't think a KOTV member or even a VS player on woodman should complain about pop. if anything is broken on woodman, it is the VS pop during alerts and the follow ups. THIS happens every time. 4th factioning to the VS and people rage-quitting bc the are tired of being zerged. worst part is actually that most of those 35% worldpop NC dont play the alerts but farm somewhere else instead. Woodman server is broken and WDS will most likely have the "alert effect" on the all-day pop. not to mention that the esamir pop is usually like that all day long, when your minions are ghostcapping....so the "ghostcapping series" should fit quite nicely for you ;)

@ vsae:
    "NC are much much better and doing a lot of coordinated effort to win" lol the NC don't try to win. they don't attack EMPTY station cause they are busy somewhere else.
    • Up x 5
  15. Ketadine

One more thing I like to add to this. Last WDS, the TR were winning until the last week when the rules were changed, in favor of the overpoped factions. Guess who won then ? I'll give you a hint: it had ZOE :)
    • Up x 4
  16. Bortasz

And since then many people don't give a **** about alerts.
  17. Ketadine

I don't think they did beforehand too much, only when the alerts were implemented was the enthusiasm high. The sad part is that alerts are a band aid for the famed metagame. WDS is just a bigger band aid, but the game will still remain a glorified TDM.
    • Up x 2
  18. Long Dong

23.00 is not primetime. NC abandoning their faction during alerts is not our fault.

Here is the population graph:
    http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=9&timezone=0
    Looks like NC has overpop during most of the day.
    • Up x 1
  19. JonboyX

I hate it when people cite these Sirisian charts as de facto populations. All they show are the number of log ins, not who is actively playing.

Given that a lot of people have two alts, which you have to log in to to claim the free 12/48 certs, that's what everyone does. e.g. I have a Woodman TR alt that I play infrequently. Yet every evening you'll see a +1 on that chart from me, and I (currently) contribute zip to the Woodman TR effort.

Just saying; pinch of salt.
  20. Long Dong

I could, of course, just state that everytime i log in at 19 pm, Nc has clear overpop, but then it would be very easy for someone else to claim otherwise.

On the other hand, how do you know that those mighty % you might see on Vanu side at the end of an alert have even contributed anything to winning? They could - and they actually do - often just sit in the warpgate playing some music and jumping around for 30-40 minutes straight.
    • Up x 2