[BUG] The VS are the biggest FAILURE in PS2's History!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AllRoundGoodGuy, Apr 12, 2023.

1. 23rd enigma

it's been responsible for things like the .75 ads orion nerf. I always see your main focus is that the vs Beetlejuice is overpowered but the VS can say the same about the Cyclone/Tempest. And things should be balanced based on how the sweatiest players use them not the casual noobs that don't even know about ANVILs for example.
  2. Demigan

Oh noes! The 0,75 ADS nerf! Which did jack all to these weapons! Also it hit that entire weapon class and the entire weapon class is still the best performing LMG class in the game! Also the 0,75 ADS changes happened in what, 2015? I don’t know what competitive scene you are talking about but it feels like something you made up!

As for the Cyclone/Tempest, if they are OP they should definitely be brought back into balance, why would I not want that? Although looking at it the Eridani is almost on par with the Cyclone and the Skorpios exceeds the Tempest by a good margin most days. Additionally the amount of users on the Cyclone, the most used of the SMG’s, is less than the Betelgeuse which may I remind you is an aurax weapon AND the Betel gets more than double the KPU on the average day then the best SMG (which is, again, the Skorpios. I didn’t include the NS SMG’s).

So the Betel makes more of an impact due to more users and more kills per user. So its just a VERY poorly chosen whataboutism, but that is standard for VS.

And things should be balanced for all players from the sweatiest to the most dry player. Balancing only on what the veterans can do is dumb. You are actively excluding a large portion of your playerbase and not including the “inconsequential” things like “a learning curve” or “what the average player who makes up the bulk of the playerbase can do (you know they are average because they are not veterans?).

You want weapons that dont punish noobs and don’t excessively reward veterans. Nor guns that make the rest of the guns trivial so the average player will only be using a limited amount of them. You know, balanced gameplay.
    • Up x 1