The Vanu and how they are killing the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shatteredstar

I would expect it is the organization effect. PS2 is overall more enjoyable for many when you're in a squad that is working together and at least in my experience VS tends to bring that and have more organized outfits that have STAYED in the game, thus they draw people.

Community wise maybe talk to some of them see if they have a NC or TR outfit and try to get them to run them more to encourage more of a fight.

GOKU used to do that a lot with their TR alt outfit if I remember right on Emerald, it could work out to draw people over and teach them to play well as a team and benefit the server.

The first part about vehicles and such is honestly not really valid. You're angry at them for using what the game provides everyone equally and not using it yourself back? If they spam around, spam it back. If they spam maxes, spam it back, if they go tons of air, get out launchers and flak.

The game is designed to be combined arms and not just infantry side .

As to the hopping, I see it, I see that more a symptom of weird terrain design more then anything just will have to live with since I don't think any faction is not guilty of it.
  2. Mythologicus

Some people on the other side of the fence feel the same way.

I'm fed up with Vanu because we're just too damn large. I feel like I can't do anything because with 40+% continent population, there's no real resistance.

There's not a whole lot of difference between factions so there's little reason not to pop over to NC or TR. But they aren't purple. They don't have Magriders. They aren't VS. It's just...annoying.
    • Up x 1
  3. MetalCotton

They wear spandex as combat gear.

Forget stats, that alone is enough reason to bring back flamethrowers and burn them all.
    • Up x 1
  4. AlterEgo

Vanu are ruining the game?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. Campagne

Correction: I'm annoyed at them for not using what else the game provides them; standard infantry battles.

If I were to pull a tank, I'd just be obliterated by the 20+ enemy tanks and planes. The MAXes I have access to were the last ones to the armoury and had to take shotguns. AA in PlanetSide 2 is just absolutely worthless. Any AA weaponry is out-gunned by any air-based weaponry, is woefully inadequate and can't kill a plane before it flies away to repair. And if I were to pull a plane, I'd just be obliterated by the 20+ enemy tanks and planes.

The game is designed to be combined arms and not just heavytankside/airtogroundside. See what I did there? :p
  6. Nintyuk

Were at any point did I state that I felt that vanu was overpowered?
    Plus your tarring with the same brush with that statement, Your judging a book entirely by it's cover and not observing at all.
    Not every player has to be the best shooting or fighting to help people win, I personally main engineer and I'm some what recklessly suicidal at achieving objectives as well as flanking and playing counter intuitively yet successfully.

I could go on about me but this thread isn't about whether their is any actual problem with game balance its about the best way to break the pervasive perception that their is a problem.

I feel This video would help you think a bit.

Edit: And Back when we were smaller we were the top of our game:
    [IMG]
  7. Fanatic

I am thinking about taking a break from this game for the very reason mentioned at the beginning of the post. Vanu needs to be tuned down, there is a reason why they win most alerts on every server, those people who say they have better players are unfamiliar with the laws of large numbers. When a faction is even 10% better than others, things start to snowball, good players start moving to the better team, farm more certs and buy more stuff and get more kills.

Go to PS2 gun stats and just compare Orion/Betelegeuse K/D compare to any other LMG (excluding SVA) and you see how BS it becomes. Then you also get PPA, Lasher, Vanu Maxes, Serpent, Pulsar C which are just that little better than equivalent TR and NC.

Don't take my argument for it, go on PS2 stats and see for yourself Vanu fan boys, how many Alerts Vanu has won over the past 6 months, or how many kills the LMGs have compare to others. Stats represent real balance, not opinion. I sincerely hope that developers address this, it has been so bloody long.
    • Up x 2
  8. Crator

So to sum this up what you are saying is VS are overpowered, we don't know exactly why and don't care, they just are.
    • Up x 3
  9. Kentucky Windage

I have the exact reason why the VS are so much better than us.........their bourbon is watered down.:eek:
  10. Obscura

Uhh.. spandex? I never understood how our armor looks anything like spandex lol, VS armor is actually the only one that looks like something a soldier 500 years into the future would wear and could stop a bullet. Have you seen NC and TR armor? They are wearing baggy cargo shorts with flannel and corduroy shirts(why i really dont know) underneath a breast plate lmao, any material that is loose and hangs off your skin like that wont stop a projectile.

I mean look at commander sheperd, he is a total badass alliance marine from the future, whos armor does his resemble lol?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. KripTed

that's cause VS is overpowered, and they have been since beta.
  12. LordMcZee

Remove Vanu!

Seriously tho, how exactly are they killing the game?
  13. wazdar

Problem is VS had enjoyed overpowered weapons for a long time. Orion, pre nerf PPA, zoe etc, which made people stay with that faction. Whenever NC or TR had an op weapon, it got nerfed quite fast (it took only like 5 days to nerf 1hk phoenix, while normally it takes months with other weapons). So many people got fed up with their nc or tr characters, but vs stayed. Now the horde of new nc or tr players have to get through the wall of betelgeuse heavys.
    Even TR or NC leadership can't get organized, because there's always someone new that knows better even though just joined the game. VS has found a best way to win alerts: keep what bases they have and push to next large one (like a tower or biolab) and wait for big NC/TR fight. then just drop 96+ at it and cap it no problem.
  14. Pikachu

Is that you the lemon? :}
    • Up x 1
  15. Zero Cool

The question should be "Why do the NC and TR prefer to fight each other?".

TR have no long range infantry/max AV. Magrider is much harder to kill than vanguard for them. Even in tank v tank, its easier to fight the NC.

VS are for more likely to ruin good fights with massive amounts of cheese. Nice 24v24 going? No problem, here is a full platoon with 2 squads full of max's to drop in. (Blue shift max's are every bit as frustrating as shotgun max). Its their win at all costs mentality that quite frankly isn't in the TR and NC. Seems they would rather have a fun slugfests for an hour or 2 than win the alert. VS would rather just steamroll turbo zerg.

You cant really fault them for playing to win, but its when the other factions die hard try hards either leave the game or join the VS, that they have no counter at times.

I play for fun, so I just hop around and fight whoever has the most balanced fights going on. Usually, that's NCvTR fights.
    • Up x 5
  16. FBVanu

This is a troll post.. right? I do not hate fighting the Vanu. Please don't pretend that you speak for everyone.
    I like fighting all three factions.. just different things you need to watch out for in each of them.. .. that makes it interesting and better than other games.

If you don't like fighting Vanu, fight the other guys.. there's always two factions to choose from ..
  17. maxkeiser

This thread is so absurd it should probably be locked by mods.

Just utter nonsense.
    • Up x 1
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

We still do, that's why I asked the OP if he's tried not being bad yet.
    • Up x 2
  19. Ianneman

Let me summarize as clearly as possible what is wrong with fighting the Vanu: There is no more immersion, there is no more game, it's a grind.

The appeal of Planetside 2 are both the massive battles, as well as the 1v1 micro fights. You can commando your way through a base, or you can get a bunch of tanks together and take a few bases. There is supposed to be excitement, tactics, back-and-forth, individual skill and team effort.

For the past 6 months or so, fighting the Vanu is bland and boring. Whenever one is fighting the Vanu it's always a case of OH GOD THEY ARE EVERYWHERE, WHERE AM I GETTING SHOT FROM, Vanu ALWAYS travel in large groups. You can say the Vanu are more organized than the NC and TR, but then again, why the Vanu? Why isn't it the NC and TR that ALWAYS zerg? Something that makes this problem much worse is the fact that Vanu weapons perform far better over range than their NC and TR counterparts due to lack of bullet drop and lesser recoil. So, when you have a massive force that is spread out over a facility, it ALSO has more "fire spread". If VS are zerging your base, there's no getting through them, there's no way to get anything done. Fighting the NC and TR is different in this regard.

Maybe the Vanu are just more suited to fighting in large forces, while the NC and TR weapons are more suited for 1v1 encounters. This is the only explanation I can think of. Another element could be that Vanu weapons are FAR FAR FAR FAR, FAR easier to use than NC and TR weapons. Especially for the NC there is a DEFINITE learning curve. This means that out of any force, a larger part of VS players (that aren't as experienced) can offer a contribution to the fight than the NC and TR players.

How and why it happens is really not the point of this thread. It's clear that NC and TR players have extremely little desire to fight the Vanu, because it's boring, it's a grind and it's just not fun. THAT is the clear issue and you can recognize it on the forumside, redditside and in several servers in Planetside 2 itself. There is NO getting away from the fact that an immersive, exciting, stimulating game is seriously suffering from the massive chunk of BORING that is the Vanu Sovereignty.
    • Up x 3
  20. jmdafk

I must admit I avoid fighting the Vanu.
    In my limited experiance it seems to be 3 things, there average player is more experienced/good, i tend to use the term 'he's taking the p155' much more v VS than NC! They are better organised. And there weapons just have an edge in most PS2 enviroments.
    Plus, I have to use NV to see them in anything bar mid day on 3 continants, where they can see me with a reflex sight through smoke at night on a misty hossin?? I notice a lot of NC carry NV, but hardly ever a VS.

Last night, twice I was at bases where it was 51% TR and 49% Vanu. And atleast half the vanu were camping in magriders (while all the TR were well out of sight). This was a releif as many bases endup spawn room locked by magriders on mountains.
    Yet they still kicked our arses in the bases. I couldnt beleive it. It was disgracful on the part of the TR. Our only excuse was the Vanu seem to be able to consistently get kills beyond any of our guns effective range. But in a base thats not much of an excuse. They were just much better than us :(
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.