[Vehicle] The vanguard question(s)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaughingDead, Jul 14, 2018.

1. LaughingDead

1. Why does the AP need to deal less DPS than lightning AP?
    2. Why does heat actually have less DPS than AP as well even though the devs claimed that heat would have more sustained damage than the AP counterparts? This is blatent lying.
    3. Why don't they simply refund the shield and replace it with a different empire specific ability instead of dancing around the problem.
    4. Why have they still not fixed NAR not repairing as much as it claims.
    5. Why have they not fixed repair speeds on the vanguard, it's not just the extra 1k HP talking, it's the resistance values getting in the way as an oversight.
    6. How come the vehicle is not getting any attention besides being the worst performing vehicle out of the MBT line?
    7. How is it fair that the main DPS of the vanguard comes from the topgun instead of the main turret? If you ever equip something other than an AV topgun you are substantially behind another tank that has the same topgun.
    8. How is it that in order to stay relivant to actually being effective in combat you NEED to pick the shield, it's not an option, smoke and fire suppression do not make up for the lack of damage you would need to end a fight quickly.
    9. How is it ok that the vanguard's HP is balanced around it's damage output yet punishes players for taking too much damage with longer repair times. That's like if you lost certs for using a sniper rifle to get headshots. Makes no sense.
    10. What do we do with it now? It's clear people aren't pulling it nearly as often as the other two MBTs, it sucks, winning a single MBT fight with less HP lost every 60 seconds is not a good ability. People have swapped to hesh because they know their topguns do all the damage, the main ******* turret is supplementary, what kind of ****** up logic is this?
    • Up x 4
  2. LordKrelas

1)Shield.
    2) Good Question.
    3) Even Better question, since prior to the Prowler Lockdown revamp, the Shield has been the only ES vehicle ability radically changed.
    4) Likely worried about the Shield.
    5) Good question. It does ensure death by attrition however.
    6) As its complained about hard, by Prowlers trying to face-tank it down, and it not dying due to Shield. and VS.
    7) This is also seemingly shared by VS, most of the time: Likely to force 2-man operation.
    8) NC technology problems; Shotgun on Shotgun, notice the new Flash weapon for NC..
    9) Likely due to the Shield.
    10) Change the Shield, so the Tank isn't only functional due to the Shield's capabilities.

The Shield is essentially the Tank, more than any weapon on it, from the severe weight of the shield being the threat.
    After all, the Tank cannon is dangerous in a fight, as is the top-gun (often more so, the top-gun), but the Shield is what makes it win or lose a Fight.
    No shield, no Victory, only death.
    Weapons on it, and enemy type, generally matter less than if it has the Shield ready or not.

---- So we change the Shield, to something that doesn't dominate the Tank's entire stat list.
    As presently, the Tank has to be adjusted so the Shield isn't straight 1v1 dominance..
    And so the tank is essentially screwed whenever the Shield isn't available from the Shield.

NC is given a Directive Trait after a year, that cuts damage in half, for the ability to scratch armor.
    This same trait was then a month or two later, given to a Pistol, that boosts damage when using this trait, in a charge-sequence.
    NC has a Shotgun Heavy-weapon equal to a regular shotgun, and a Directive Shotgun with a shotgun attachment.
    To a weapon dependent on user-skill, being a starter-weapon, making those users beyond sub-par in killing power.
    NC has no logic in the weapons granted, past sticking situational weapons on a situational platform.

Someone will pop up with an OP Claim, or "This is worse off right now, NC's perfect in this __ situation!" any time now..
  3. LaughingDead

Shameless bump.
  4. adamts01

It's still my favorite tank. Though I do agree that their dps should be brought in line with Lightnings.
  5. Pacster3

Unless you fight a magrider head to head of course...cause then you even win without shield. ;-)
  6. JibbaJabba

It's like pulling teeth to get anyone in NC to pull armor. The Vanguard is a death trap.
  7. LaughingDead

I would love to see you 1v1 a saron AP maggy with the vanguard AP and enforcer.
    • Up x 5
  8. adamts01

All tanks are death traps. I haven't pulled armor even a single time since certing out my cloaked Flash. Better dps out of a practically free and invisible platform is hard to beat.
    • Up x 1
  9. adamts01

With the shield there really is no contest. The saron is a much better gun, but that Vanguard shield is still a certain win against a Mag.
  10. Pacster3

But therefor you need 2 players. Not all have that. And that the saron is likely the best secondary, is true...well...somehow the magrider has to overcome all the shortcomings of the primary. Still that means that the VS always need two people to compete...and that is quite a disadvantage.
    And well, this is all without the shield...but the shield is there after all.
  11. Pacster3

They are death traps...but on Cobalt it's still the Harassers, air and C4 that kill the MBTs. Attacks by flashes only happen once in a blue moon(I have been killed by one in the last 2 years, I think. Once you see them you can take them out easily with the secondary...or your handgun).
  12. JibbaJabba

So 2/2 AP magrider beats 2/2 AP Vanguard.... kinda just like he said. :)
  13. Pacster3

Without shield, yes. What I said is that vanguard can beat a magrider even without shield(which as such is ridiculous...cause the vanguard HAS the shield on top of it). I never said it's 2vs2....
  14. LaughingDead

He said without the shield in those circumstances. I'm not going to say that winning one tank fight against someone that wants to charge you every 60 seconds is a good ability for the trade off of a bad tank.
  15. LaughingDead

Ok so now you're doubling back on what you just said.
    This is kind of what I'm getting at.
    MBTs do not feel like MBTs anymore. They feel like glorified soap boxes, the vanguard has simply been hit as the worst of them and there is evidence supporting that.

Why are they even called "Main battle tanks" when they aren't the go to vehicle for combat anymore.
  16. JibbaJabba

But if a 2/2 AP Magrider can kill a 2/2 AP Vanguard without it's shield, why would adding the shield make any difference?

You're telling me the ultra maneuverable flying frickin' hover tank can't break LOS and pause the battle for a few seconds while the shield expires? Just don't have the maneuverability to pull that off huh?

Really???
  17. Diilicious

there are A LOT, of blue moons happening then, especially on the VS front because their new flash cannon is one of the most ******** things ive ever seen.

Just played on hossin for like 6 hours, at night times the fog is so thick you would be invisible even without a cloaking device, it is absolutely the most cancer ive ever experienced, and it doesnt matter if you kill them because they can be back before you even finish repairing the dumb vanguard.

100% ultimate cheese bullsh*t
  18. Pacster3

Okay, you are standing right in front of a 2/2 AP vanguard...you get melted in a few second...fortunatly there is a nice hill to climb...the one you just came around. Now you boost backwards right behind it. Oh wait...no...the boost only works in one direction...and when you turn around the vanguard is already ready for the second volley...this time in your rear end. What do you do? Aside from wishing you had ANY other tank?
  19. Pacster3

You are so right. Wait a moment. I play VS. That means I can see ALL those flashes cause they are highlighted in purple for me....and guess what, I don't see that many(and that although the toy is new and as such should see more use now than in a couple of weeks).
  20. LaughingDead

That's already a loaded question, you're standing in front of a vanguard. The point of mobility is to never be in a position to be creamed by something bulkier and slower than you. How exactly did the vanguard get in front of you? Did he ride up on a silver horse? Were you not aware of your surroundings? I mean the only times I'd take this as an answer is when you're in those narrow canyons at quartz in which you can't even see the top of the hill but even then, if he never popped a shield, I doubt you would lose.

Why would you see them? You're not what they're after.
    Also you're speaking as if you are the entirety of the VS, completely aware of what your entire empire is doing, he's claiming that even if you do kill one flash that can 100% a tank, A MAIN BATTLE TANK (so poorly named) that they will get another one at the cost of 50 nanites that they regenerated getting back into the fight.

I've seen some piss poor vehicle game decisions, but this one takes the mother****ing cake.
    • Up x 3