[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 3, 2013.

1. cyb_

Trial it. - Or even better, if the gun is such a beast you state it is, spend the certs, you will get them back in no time.
  2. ColonelChingles

No, I want your SC. :D

EDIT- And I don't have to play it for myself. Mustarde, perhaps the best-known TR sniper on Matherson, finds that the TRAP-M1 performs quite well:

• Up x 1
  3. minhalexus

Its a fine argument that the Trap is not a Sniper Rifle.
    I would say that the TRAP is more of a Battle Rifle than a Scout rifle.

But when you say that it sucks, makes me LAWL out LOUD.
    I liked the Railjack and TRAP, though Phaseshift does not fit my Style of Play.

Its a nice addition to have a battle rifle added to your infiltrator class.

The fact that the TRAP has only been used by experienced players means that this gun is great if you know how to play.
  4. iXaNx

Id say trap is really not something for people who dont know what are they getting into, generally stay out of rooms and corners you'll be ok ( quick note i dont use trap , just a thought )
  5. Kunavi

"CQC and long range[...] There = Trap due to versatility."
    - Where to begin? Here : Pick your fights. In a scenario where the Trap's theoretical advantages should shine, I find it lacking. I've tried using it like a SABR, no success. I've tried using it like a SOAS, no success. I tried using it as a Battle Rifle, it's not what I wanted to see. It's not a bad weapon, it's just bland and its ROF, DMG ETC are not viable, the end result is mediocre at best... F* it, it IS a bad weapon.

"MKV stuff as example"
    - Again it shows how theory is not working as it should ;P MKV is not what I see out there.

"In case you confuse people here are real STATS"
    - TheoryCraft. It might just be me, but have you seen all my Stats or just the ones you mention? I don't think I'm THAT bad at PS2 to explain this. Hey, don't buff it but give me back my Certs because the thing is not what was advertised. Nerf? According to STATS? OK goes to show what Stats and stuff on paper are worth; Nothing if they can't be applied.

"Are you Kunavi? If yes, you have 59 kills with the TRAP. Test more. KDR of about 1 w Scout Rifles while having a lower KPH. So it seems to be at least equal to those."
    - I am that person. I don't feel I need to test it more, I have enough experience with many weapons on all Factions to be able to tell. The Trap has no new mechanics and is very similar to a couple of other weapons only much weaker, and suffering from those weapons' DISadvantages WITHOUT retaining their ADvantages. The reason your numbers look the same is because I have not run the SOAS enough after it got buffed up and because I haven't run my other SR ever since.. When that was. Can't remember even. To make it simpler; If I were to use the SOAS and the Trap, regularly, these Stats would end up very different, in favour of the SOAS. I can guarantee you that. Also by the point I got the Trap I was a lot better at PS2 than 80% of my runs with the SOAS. If you can process that correctly you'll see what I mean. By the way, TOO MUCH STATSIDE2. In the actual GAME, the Trap is just worse than the SOAS and just worse than any weapon I've ever touched. Yes, including the Deep Freeze. I've seen about 6 Infiltrators using this weapon, ever since it came out. Just random people trying it out probably. Other weapons are way more popular for this Class.

"Mustarde finds that the TRAP-M1 performs quite well"
    - So if I become famous(*Cringe*) like Mustarde and tell you the Deep Freeze is an absolute beast, backing it up with a Dub filled, cut up vid you'll listen to me, praise my opinion and use me as an example of why the Deep Freeze is GREAT!? LOL This is wrong in so many ways. Please, proceed with your arguments about me being bad and the Trap being G0dMode because some guy did exactly what the rest of us do with any other weapon reasonably easier. Much amuse! What weapon WOULDN'T work in any semi experienced player's hands in at least half the situations Mustarde was in, there? Plz. You say I'm exaggerating, but you're asking for the Trap to be NERFED. Mmmmhh. Kk.

"When you say it sucks you make me LOL"
    - When you say it R0Xx0Rs you make me ROFLMAO.

"A nice addition"
    - A nice addition how exactly? I never picked it once after those 59 Kills. Not worth it, I'd rather have a SOAS with me. It's JUST an addition. And offers NOTHING new. I can't even bother going to 60 for that Medal, no joke.

"The fact that is has only been used by experienced YaddaYadda"
    - No, it shows that it's masochistically challenging to play with the Trap. For no reason, just challenging. Like when finishing an SP Campaign over and over on the highest difficulty just to get an Achieve. I don't have to explain to you why it would be interesting to tackle that challenge for bragging among other reasons, I suppose. It also shows the level of skill required to do what other weapons do with less hassle. Much less hassle.

"Stay out of rooms and corners"
    - So is it CQC? Long Range? LongRangeCQC? CQCLongREwquyre F* it, you don't know what you're saying as you admitted and all these are contradictions. And I happen to know what I'm doing or my KD would not be increasing steadily along with my SPM and accuracy, playing ALL Classes, trying many weapons and having never played cheap until very recently where I got fed up playing nice(Rolled Barrage, LA, C4 and UnderBoss when Infantry). Why am I even trying to explain this to you? Think what you want, I don't much care, I wasted 1000+ Certs on this Trap and it's done, I've dealt with it. Bad move. And no I won't stay out of 80% of PS2's situations - Rooms and corners, just to use the Trap MAYBE well enough to make me half of what I spent on it.

In any case please continue but not with me participating. I'm just waiting to see what they'll do to the TR and the other Factions once they're done "Balancing" and shuffling total ammunition count "Based on Kill Potential". Then we can sit down and talk properly, the Trap may change by then. And I may not continue playing if it goes real bad, it's bad enough with the hit detection now.

So if you like the Trap, good for you. I find that it totally sucks and I have backed it up as much as I care to(Not going to bring in Stats, polls, numbers, MatheMagics).
  6. Kunavi

Can I add just one more last thing about this? "Vandal is simply BETTER". That is all.
  7. Llaf

Having never used the weapon and rarely played infiltrator, but having quite a bit of experience in game, this is exactly how I imagined using this weapon. Not sure why some are saying it's bad, it's built for mid-range, and clearly that's what it excels at, and of course you can get away with close-range ambushes, considering it kills in two 3 round bursts without nanoweave. Plus the suppressor is just glorious, super quiet and only one "shot" sound for 3 rounds fired, as well as a speedy reload time.
  8. Unclematos7

I have to agree with Kunavi here. I trialed the TRAP and found it meh at best. Could hardly stand the thing.

This is comming form someone with an Impetus auraxium at M++ accuracy.
  9. Cinnamon

TRAP isn't terrible but it feels bad to use. The Vandal was released at the same time as it and that not only feels great to use but it's easily the best weapon in it's class.
  10. Dr Droste

Can you PLEASE stop whining about the Trap??

I know, we are all still pissed because of the TR gold camo and that we were suposed to get the duster and **** like that. But are we already that biased, that we cant see anymore when the Devs actually trying to do a good to the TR ???

We asked for variation, the answer was the TRAP. And we HATE it??? What is wrong with you?!

Don't blame the DEVS that they dont understand what we want. Because by reading things like that, i feel we don't know it either!
    • Up x 1
  11. Peasnriz

Mustarde is also an exceptionally talented player so you could give him a tooth pic and he would perform okay with it. Also Mustarde said that the Trap does not make it into a permanent loadout slot (unlike the vandal). I generally think the semi-auto scouts are something of an acquired taste anyway. I personally quite like the TRAP and use it once in a while, until I get too annoyed with it because it allows someone to get away in a situation that they would have died to another weapon, it just doesn't really do anything really well, one thing going for it is when silenced it is exceptionally quiet. Every empire is not thrilled with their new sniper rifles, which I am sad to say I saw coming.

Just give us an empire specific rocket launcher and something as ridiculous as the lasher and I would be happy.
  12. PlatoonLeaderG

New Lynx is really good!
  13. Nepharion

is it on teh test server?
  14. PlatoonLeaderG

yep,alongside the new other TR carbine.From what i tried i found the new Lynx really OP,easy to handle and good dmg.Still its my opinion.
  15. Dibola

After all this time this post is still relevant.
    • Up x 3
  16. Bronston

I probably couldn't add anything that hasn't already been said but eh I'll give my 2 cents anyway.

Personally, the 2 things that bother me about playing the TR are the following:

1. The identity crisis-

The TR were originally advertised as being the "speed" faction however as the game has evolved, it seems that the devs would rather give this theme to the VS (considering ZOE and magburner both directly increase movement speed). I am actually okay with this as I have always believed that the idea of movement speed fits well with the established design paradigm of the VS (that being maneuverability).

Personally, I would like to see the devs focus on something other than raw speed for the TR. Maybe I'm in the minority here but i actually like anchored mode and lockdown (though deploying can feel awkwardly slow sometimes). When used strategically, they can be fairly advantageous. However, there seems to be a significant number of complaints about those abilities due to the fact that the TR are supposed to be all about movement speed, something that both lockdown and anchored mode negate. Once again, if the devs officially gave the notion of movement speed to the VS and focused more on firing rate or "dakka" for the TR, there may not be as many complaints.

TL:DR 1 - I personally believe that the devs should name the VS as the movement speed and maneuverability faction instead of having the TR compete with them for the same design ideal. It only serves to cause confusion amongst the two factions' identities. I believe that TR design should focus more on the thing that they do best- hurling as much ordinance at the enemy as humanly possible. The faction of "more dakka" indeed. :D

2. How TR weapons tend to look and feel-

This one pertains not only to the TR but the other factions as well. Ever since launch, there has been, in my opinion, a startling lack of diversity in terms of physical appearance with respect to TR firearms (the VS and the NC also suffer from this issue but it seems especially prominent amongst the TR arsenal). So many weapons in this game use the same (or extremely similar) models. I know that it may not be easy for the devs to design new models for each and every gun they introduce but I would really like to see this issue addressed across all factions, not just TR, at some point in the future.

There is also the issue of weapon sounds. Many weapons in the TR arsenal (which are supposed to be traditional firearms) sound a bit uninspired. Personally, I would love a more weighty, satisfying "bang!/boom!" when shooting my LMG/assault rifle/carbine. :p

TL:DR 2 - I am somewhat disappointed by the lack of weapon diversity in the game across all factions and would love to see a sound and design overall at some point in the future.

Anyway, these are just my opinions take them as you will.
    • Up x 2
  17. Dr Droste

my thoughs about the lynx and cougar on the current test server:

cougar:
    i like the design! looks like a functional weapon and does not have the NERF gun look :D
    damage is okay with 167dmg @ 632 rpm which would come to a total damage of 105.544 damage per minute (not considering reload).
    Reload is rly short btw -> 2.1 seconds! :D
    aim and recoil is easy to handle so that it has good long range capabilties. here id LOVE to see 2x zoom for the final weapon :)
    overall not a typical TR weapon but i like it!

new Lynx:
    OH MY GOD! 909 RPM ??? This is faster then our smgs :D Damn! That is what we asked for xD
    with 125dmg @ 909 rpm it has a total damage of 113.625 per minute (not considering reload). thats still no match for the GD-7F/serpent with its 143 dmg @ 845 = 120.835 dmg per min, but a step into the right direction.
    recoil is not that low but manageble and it feels like it's long range capabilities are on a level with the GD-7F/serpent.
    reload is rather short 2.33 sec, thats lower than gd-7F and serpent.
    The new weapon design is okay, but i like the cougars design more. the lynx i a bit too bulky for my taste.
    all in all i hoped for a 845rpm with 143 dmg, but the short reload time and 909 rpm is fine too ^^
    • Up x 1
  18. Radicals

The main problem with the TR weapons is that they atr dull and bland. They are straight up boring (same goes for alot of VS weapons but lets keep that for another thread)
    They are (generally speaking) not underperforming or underpowered. ..they are just boring to use
  19. Akeita

I

Can't

Find

A SOE post

In this thread, WHERE IS IT ? There is a #SOE right next to the thread...
  20. Radicals

Page 9.