[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. Stew360

Iam smart enought to not make such useless tread , i take feature by feature when i ask for a fix or a revamp

I dont create a gigantic mess of impossible revamp

We can only build on whats we have they wont , trow in the garbages months of balance and attempt to find a sweet spot because you guys dont like the fact that the PC gamers magazine balance wheels was not achivable in term of balance ...
    You still do not answer the REAL questions

the questions is

««««« Whats VS and NC have thats you think is so awesome and grant you the privilege to have a total revamp ?»»»»»»
  2. Stew360

This isnt a TR forums its a planetside 2 forums and i as a planetside players dont want the devs to focus ona single factions about useless and pointless , point of view of some TR players since all your concern can be copy and paste over any factions like and dislikes , the problem is that anything in your tread is simple to put in few word

( put the current game in the garbage and make a new games , all 3 new factions and weapons balance ))

Do you realise it wont happen ? ever ? we have to build on whats we have

If any factions is lacking its the NC and i want to be clear on that since this forums is a planetside 2 forums not a TR forums or a NC forums or a VS forums

The game factions specifics LACK toward NC the Tr and VS as much more empire specifics that worth something

Also the devs as to work on much more important stuff than screwing up the balance of everything

WE WONT go back in alpha you realise that ?

your tread remind me of a Pre alpha brain storming
  3. Thrustin

Just a side note: We need reasonably good accuracy, because if we fire more bullets with less damage per shot, more need to hit downrange for us to make the kill.

A lot of TR carbines are complete garbage at anything beyond close quarter range, and that is the reason why I usually only engage in close quarter combat.

Good post Escimo, I really think it's time the TR gets some love. (That's not to say that the other factions don't need to get a little ****** too, but that's the job of a mature individual from that specific faction, not ours).
  4. EliteEskimo

Alright Stew I'm going to list off these points in numbers so you respond to them in numbers.

1. People make specific gameplay threads with certain topics and typically people expect people to come to the right thread to comment regarding that thread. For instance if someone made a "How to give the NC Shield a cooler working function/more protection" you wouldn't want someone coming in saying "The ZOE Max is OP we need to fix that first, not the NC Shield" This is essentially what you are doing in my thread right now.
    2. I already stated multiples times in the thread that all factions need to be refurbished or get cool things, but I felt the TR needed them most for the reasons I stated. If you disagree cool, but instead of trying to derail my thread which helps no one, why don't you make an NC refurbishment thread which would be contructive?
    3. A lot of my changes are really really easy to impliment, such as centering the Prowler's barrel, giving us the old minigun model they have in storage, and Higby is already working on Modifying our Vulcan so I figured I'd help him out there.
    4. This has nothing to do with going back to Alpha, it has to do with getting back to the Lore.
    5. I have faith the developers will pick which ideas they can work on now, and which they can work on later. I'm not throwing it all in their faces screaming FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!

I hope that helps Stew, but please stop trying to derail this thread.
    • Up x 2
  5. MikeyGeeMan

You speaky engrish? Try some punctuation and spell check.

Nc is a very well built faction. It's unfortunately kids like you can't even learn how to play them correctly.

NC needs to be rebranded Nerf Crybabies, cause that's all I hear on the forums.

Don't be jealous, just cause you picked the No Dakka Dakka faction and not the

Mo Dakka Dakka faction.
    • Up x 2
  6. Stew360

1: maxs have enough ability for now the current ones especially the ZOE is a total mess in term of balance so i think they should avoid that for a while and FIX what we have already

2: I disagree about refurbishement , because what you point out whats you call the lore is unachivable and will simply bring more imbalance and more whining from most peoples and all that just to please few hardcore fans isnt a great moove , also they can only work few thing at time and so far its the NC who need most attentions where is the NC mounted rails canon ? yep their is none while TR as the vulcan ;)

3: All the cosmetics aspect of weapons and sound Qs are less game breaking than wiping out the overall balance we got so far, for vanity stuff i agree

For core gameplay such as ROF , Weapons damage , accuracy recoils all that is complex etc.. and i disagree with you on that

4: To me wiping out the balance that take almost a years to reach and its not even perfect yet , its pretty much going back to alpha designing the core aspect of the factions weapons balance

5 : i have faith in this game but iam affraid that the devs team lisen to the wrong person way to often and creat gigantic mess sometime ...

Also on a side note peoples who scream FIX FIX FIX are passionate peoples who basically want their core game to work , and they are human with their life and frustration so when they have a momments to enjoy their game and the game is compleatly screw by X and Y its understandable that they are a little excessive especially if they really care about the game

They need to be lisen and understand ;)
  7. EliteEskimo

Mikey, while Stew's posts thus far have been misplaced lets try not to entice further derailment/ ff topicness of the thread. Thanks!;)
  8. EliteEskimo

1. Stew you need to slow down and read my points, I was talking about Maxes only as an "example" of staying on topic in threads I'm not actually arguing to nerf the ZOE Max.

2. If you disagree with refurbishment, simply say that instead of trying to derail the thread. Part 1 of this got over 300 likes and 750 replies with the vast majority of those replies agreeing with me. It's not just hard core fans Stew, it's people of all ages and back rounds. I've even been getting people sending me tells in game on what a nice thread this is.

3. They can work on cosmetics first if they want, and then change stats and numbers later. Either way something needs to be worked on. Again if you disagree just say that and move on to a different thread.

4. It's not wiping out balance, it's merely making slight changes to make weapons stick out as unique. They don't have to wipe the slate clean, just work off what they already have.

5. I'm not trying to be Arrogant or Big headed, but why not listen to someone like me which has immense community support, has a good feel for how the game works, has played the game a lot, and someone who has already had their ideas implemented by the Developers. If anything Stew you should be supporting me, because I care about the overall feel of the game and have all 3 factions supporting me.:)
    • Up x 2
  9. Felixbz

You obviously aren't understanding what is being said, or you're just being ignorant, He's saying that if you want to debate this, make your own thread called "Why not to revamp the TR." Then make yourself some good points as to why we shouldn't be revamped and post the thread, if people agree with you, they will post in that thread and not clutter up this one with pointless discussion, this is literally just for suggestions, if you want to debate it, do the following.

MAKE A NEW THREAD.

Also, just to debate that point.

What aren't you understanding? We want all the factions to be revamped because honestly, they need it, but we're not doing that in this thread, this thread was made for the TR, so make your own thread for the NC or VS and give reasons why they should be revamped and how.

Don't just act like a moron and defend it saying "What do nc & vs have that makes it so unfair that you need to revamp", it makes you sound like you're defending the NC just to piss off the TR.
    • Up x 2
  10. mina5

im really liking your threads . and i'd like to add new thing . default color theme.

current default infantry color theme is white,grey,dark grey and red .
    VS got chanced from purple,lightblue,grey and white . to grey,purple,light blue.
    and NC colors are yellow ,blue ,black .

so my suggestion is to chance TR to grey,black,red . that would make TR look cool as they look in those beta photos .
    • Up x 3
  11. AdennTM

Stew, don't bother replying until you learn how to spell.

Eskimo, great thread. FU approved! :D
    • Up x 4
  12. DarkFire507

Great thread, really hope the devs see and implement some of these ideas!
  13. Stew360

I could debate a lots on whats likes and dislikes worth

es^pecially when peoples just think about themself , their factions , and dont give a damned about balance til it hit them personally ;)

I do take everything in perspective and most of your tread , is useless , because it simply ignore everything about this game all the months of balance and rebalance

and basically your tread ask to remake the game from 0

because if you change A then youll have to change B and C

so basically youll be better to start your own company and make your own game

Because you dont ask for anything but for TR stuff and this is where you are wrong since when you design a game like this you have to always keep all 3 factions in mind and this is why you should be ignore in your request for the most part

thats for sure TR players will want more stuff for themself , its like asking the VS if they want more stuff for their factions all factions will say hell yeah

this dosent mean by any strech of the imagination that you are rigth to ask for such change

In my opinion the devs should never bother to please every individual factions they have to put everything in the balance and NOW they should try to FIX the core gameplay before anything and thats mean to not wipe the balance and just work on whats we have and fix it
  14. soeguud

IT'S FREAKIN' SOE. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THEY DID SOMETHING THAT MADE EVERYONE HAPPY?
    • Up x 1
  15. Canaris

Our faction is supposed to be the PROFESSIONAL military, if that's the case why as Eskimo so rightly points out is our equipment so unprofessional. Case in point is the Prowler, name me 1 nation since the great tank develoment process of WW2 that uses tanks with off center cannons mount on the turret?
    I'll save you the trouble, they don't because tanks designed that way are rubbish and would end up tearing the turret off the side of the tank. If they were going to make us the professional military faction the should have at least studied modern armies and equipment for inspiration.
    • Up x 3
  16. Jube

The OP clearly states that the other factions need reworking to get back to their individual lore. This thread is TR specific and shouldn't be taken as an attack to bolster just one faction.
    Your suggestion to reduce the number or type of weapons available to each class is counter-productive. Planetside2 is a game to those playing, but a business to SoE, suggesting they throw away a large part of that business is ridiculous.
    I suggest people from the NC and VS factions, look on this thread as a model for a similar thread on their own faction changes.
    Excellent work here Eliteeskimo !!! Hopefully the Dev's will take notice.
    • Up x 1
  17. Asherigo

What a showman
    • Up x 1
  18. EliteEskimo

You know I had to think really hard about this for a moment, and then my Business and Marketing Class knowledge kicked in. SOE is trying to appeal to multiple demographics making this a really hard thing to do. They are trying to steal the BF3/Halo/CSS/COD Crowd while trying to appeal to PS1 vets, and slowly but surely get the Bf3/Halo/CSS/COD crowd to like PS1's aspects little by little so that the end result will be PS2 being a Super Saiyan version of PS1. SOE is essentially trying to take compress and change demographics which is by no means an easy thing to do. That being said the things I think they did which made everyone happy would be, optimization passes that made the game run a little better, UI controls within the game so you don't have to go into the UserOptions Planetside 2 File, the unintentional crazy legs bugs made everyone smile:D , slightly increasing render distance, and not making vehicles instigib when flipping. Faction specific I thought when they balanced the NC Max the first time all Maxes were finally on an even level according to most Max users, but then they nerfed the Mercy and Cosmos which sorta undid that lol.

Anyhow, give them more time. I think they'll be able to make close to everyone happy if they start using the official forums for feedback. However in a business environment which is a F2P game with micro transactions you are never going to appeal to literally everyone.
  19. EliteEskimo

1. Stew, I'm going to ask one last time to read my posts slowly and reread the thread because you obviously missed where I said I had the support of all 3 factions on refurbishing TR, and I also stated multiple times that I thought all factions could use improvements. However since I play TR and I know what's most wrong with the TR faction and how it isn't following the Lore. That's why the thread is TR specific. The Length of my current thread is probably the longest type of post you could expect the Developers to read. If I had to make a Vanu and NC part that would be a task even I personally wouldn't want to take on for how long it would have to be.

2. If you think this thread is useless while 300+ people liked it and there were 750 responses to help in it's creation I think you are the one that needs to reevaluate who cares about the game Stew. You keep making inaccurate claims against me that hold no weight because you didn't take the time to properly read the thread in the first place.

3. If you continue to show blatant disregard and try to derail this thread I know multiple Moderators on the forums and they can kindly ask you to stop.
  20. AdennTM

Just ignore him, that kid doesn't know how to read...or spell for that matter.