[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. Aesir

This is not a NC mini gun, this is or rather was the first iteration of the jackhammer ... Since all empire specific heavy Infantry weapons should not have been shoulder firing rifle designs but hip fired suppression beasts that should have replaced your Launcher but with the already low TTK on LMG's and every other weapon they completely scraped that idea even before beta.

Those things are not barrels, that are magnetic coils, now imagen what comes out of the center ...
    • Up x 2
  2. Stew360

phantastik because the jackhammers is compleate crap and any shotgun in any empire is better than that lol its actually factual

In the original concept the NC as a miniguns the picture iv e post earlyer simply proove it the model was already done lol
  3. Dingus148

Oh yeah. Blatant duct tape, but this is a game where ROF is king. High ROF would be a packet loss/lag nightmare, and would be highly open to exploitation. We all agree TR weapons are currently fairly balanced, if largely boring and generic to use. This would alleviate some of the boredom without breaking the game. It's quick, easy and (best of all) doesn't break anything, or require an immediate balance pass. A simple cosmetic change for some of the weapons would go a long way to generating a different feel and sound for TR forces, even if most of it is smoke and mirrors.

It wouldn't need to be all gats; for instance, the MSW, CARV, Lynx, Jaguar, TRV and Armistice would be a good selection. They're high ROF, low accuracy weapons, and would suit the spammy, bulletstorm feel my proposed fix is aiming for. I do agree that we need proper, TR feeling weapons at some stage, and new releases can be along this aesthetic. This allows all current weapons to keep their stats, so there are no calls for refunds or whatever. No other faction can claim we have an unfair ROF advantage either, as all weapons will look more dangerous than they are. This is a fix kind of like the VS have; a unique weapon firing sound, a unique triggered tracer animation and a funky recoil mechanic.

Anyway, the idea is only out here so that people can consider it. I agree we need proper TR weapons, but with netcode and game feel being what it is, it's not likely we'll see anything extreme. I only suggest this method as it allows us to look/feel badarse without actually forcing a huge increase in data packets sent/give TR an unfair advantage in ranged combat. It can be applied to any new weapons, and fits the 'multibarrel' concept as well, or it can be left if the weapon is supposed to be a conventional assault rifle. Hell, they could sell it as a cosmetic addon, and I'd buy it. I guess what I'm saying is I'd like some nice, tasty new weapons, but I'd also like our tofu-flavoured current selection to get some seasoning. If we can do it without annoying the other factions, all the better.
  4. Dingus148

Go away please. You add little enough to the main forum without clogging up other people's threads.
    • Up x 3
  5. Stew360

NO not at all it was a miniguns WOW , is this look like a shotguns ?

LOOK CAREFULLY one more time part by part

1: look at the magazine ok ?
    2: look at the rotating barrels ?
    3: look at the trigger and the placement of those ?

DID you follow these 3 simple step ?

So now tell me agains that this wasent a NC miniguns !

Design is fairly similar on both picture but even if it was magnetic coils , it would serve the same purpose as miniguns unlike the useless jackhammer shotguns that we got lol [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. Wintermaulz

I see no mini gun. I see 6 really big magnets that probably would shoot out a piece of metal at such speeds that it would 2 shot a vanguard.
    • Up x 3
  7. Korn Sarum

1. The magazine is almost the same as the one that current jackhammer uses.
    2. I see no rotating barrels. I see six coils that propel a large slug.
    3. The trigger and handle suggest only that the weapon is heavy.

None of these points mean it is a minigun.
    • Up x 1
  8. Aesir

1. The Magazine has nothing to do with it being a minigun
    2. Were do you see that they rotate, were do you see the exit hole on them? Because I don't see a exit hole on my screen.
    3. Back than at the beginning of beta Higby stated in an interview that Miniguns, Jackhammers and Lashers will come to the beta they only need to complete the low hip mounted animation for those weapons, so all of them were to be held similar to a chaingun. But this never came to pass in beta. So again, the trigger placement has nothing to do with it being a minigun.

The only thing that would have a slight indication pointing towards it being a Minigun is the round casing before the Magazine, which could be a spinner.

But this is irrelevant, this weapon if you closely look at it's design, has no casing ejection, the grip would also have the grip pard we see, the Magazine is to big to leave any room, the round box in front of the magazine has no exit holes. Chances are higher that this thing was re-purposed industrial tool to fire big bolts via magnetic force.
    • Up x 2
  9. Stew360

You migth be rigth , but still i doubt they will introduce this in the game , flame trower arent even back yet and i prefer them to focus on fixing the damned game lol and adding more stuff like orbital strike and orbital strike towers etc.. to make the overall game better than redesining the whole game and game balance this tread like i said is insanity ...

the factions are good where they are at , and we can build on that instead of trying to wipe everything out

If their is a factions lacking it is certainly not the TR
  10. Canaris

another fine thread by the EliteEskimo, I still can't belive the dev's just keep ignoring our faction instead of just coming out and saying to us, yes we plan a few changes this is a list of what we're going to change or we can't make certain changes due to server load and the like, instead of all this silence crap.
    I told you during development SOE, the worse thing you can do is shut yourselves up in an ivory tower and not talk to us like human beings, let alone your customers.
    Now that doesn't encompass all the dev's to be fair, there's a good few of them who do interact with the community daily, just others who should be on point over issues that aren't.
    • Up x 1
  11. Aesir

This weapon is already in the game it is the Jackhammer, just like the Minigun got a new model back than at the end of beta so did the Jackhammer.

I agree that the core of the game needs to be SOEs main focus right now meaning more tactical choices and strategic choices that most likely revolve around the resource revamp and newer base designs. But I'm very sure that a lot of Players out there think that their weapons do not feel like their respective empire.

Also, like I said somewhere on page 1, redoing an entire empire is a lot of work, it would be easier and better to rework one weapon in the same role from each faction NC/TR/VS and NS.

Meaning if you re work the close range ARs for Medics to make them feel more like their empire they should, which currently would be the NC GR-22, TR Cycler TRV and the VS H-V45, of which all have the exact same unlocks and feature pretty much the exact same thing, high short range TTK. potential from the hip using adv. laser sights, you actually can do this one weapon at a time for all 3 empires.

The factions are more or less balanced with some exceptions, but again does your Enforcer feel like a NC weapon? Does the Vulcan feel like a minigun? Does your GR-22 feel like a NC weapon? Not really.
    • Up x 1
  12. Stew360

I still cant beleive why TR should have a compleate revamp ? whats make you so special compare to NC or VS ?

Whats VS and NC have thats you think is so awesome and grant you the privilege to have a total revamp ?

ALL 3 factions are pretty equal on that level

VS & TR as great advantage in vehicules air and ground

VS and TR as pretty good HA unic weapons

and whats NC have ? so special ?

TR as amasing turrets mounted on their tank the VULCAN ( miniguns like )

VS as tons of awesome specifics weapons mounted as well

Yeah nothing ... nothing at ******* all

Jackhammer ? it is basically a poor shotguns outmatch by any nigthhawk and Nova pandora name it ! it will be better and more efficient and also not restricted to one class

If any factions need to have some stuff added is certainly the NC where are out RAIL canon ? yep we have none
  13. Dingus148

Shut up. Go away. Create your own thread, come up with your own ideas. THAT is why NC don't get to discuss a revamp, because you're too damn lazy to create and maintain a thread which discusses things. That, and you lack the ability to suggest realistic changes because you lack common sense and a sense of realism. Stop posting here, noone here wants to read your whining. We're all sick of you.

/Thread de-derailed. Let's get back on topic, we've had enough nonsense from Stew
    • Up x 1
  14. Stew360

iam totally on topic

I do not want the TR to be revamp

I want SOE to focus on FIXING the core game first

Adding more contents like weapons and continents

revamping sounds Qs for weapons and apearance is Ok

But revamping all the balance already establish HELL no

thats my opinions and i will voice it LOUD

If anyfactions need to have more meaty factions specifics stuff its the NC because they have been screw all the time ' TR and VS as much much much more meaty factions specifics stuff thats ive name in my previons reply

VS & TR as great advantage in vehicules air and ground

VS and TR as pretty good HA unic weapons

and whats NC have ? so special ?

TR as amasing turrets mounted on their tank the VULCAN ( miniguns like )

VS as tons of awesome specifics weapons mounted as well

ALso i would like you to answer this question below

Whats VS and NC have thats you think is so awesome and grant you the privilege to have a total revamp ?
  15. Felixbz

You were literally just told why the NC & VS don't get a revamp.

Because no one has made a thread for it, every faction is in need of some refurbishing to balance fun with gameplay balance as well as potentially lore accuracy, but you're a bit too ignorant or stupid to realize that when Dingus148 has just given you a well written and grammatically correct post explaining why the NC & VS aren't being revamped, Go make your own thread if you want your faction to be revamped, stop posting here with crap saying that the NC should be a priority. (which is what you just said in the post i just quoted above.)

PS. I realized where your name is from, you're the moron who ran blindly into BCP, the way you played during that video really demonstrates the skill level in your mind, and because of that I'm sort of hesitant to believe that you should be allowed to judge what is overpowered or underpowered and what is perfectly balanced.
    • Up x 2
  16. TheBloodEagle

Amazing how a sound swap alone can change the feel of the weapon.

Nice post. I believe we mentioned in the previous thread that caseless ammo just makes a TON of sense for the TR as a justification for the higher magazine ammo to go with more ROF (not that you really need to explain this in a game..nanites). But you'd think so far in the future with nanites and all, they'd have this tech in place but SturmovikDrakon made a excellent post showing the inconsistency in weapon function design by the devs. Yet at the same time, weapons look way too similar. Strange.
    • Up x 5
  17. TheBloodEagle

Thanks for pointing this out; The little things do matter. I wonder if we will ever get that gun in the image above as well.
    • Up x 2
  18. Geneaux

The chamber is a bit far ahead in that picture.
  19. EliteEskimo

Stew if you don't want the Terran Republic to get a revamp WHY on earth are you in the thread titled "Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction"?!?

I've said this over a dozen times to a dozen different people, if you don't think TR need a revamp fine, go make a thread about how they don't or go make an NC/VS refurbishment thread. I've made very very detailed points on why TR need to be refurbished, and acknowledged other factions could also use some touching up too, but Stew it was I who spent countless hours thinking up what areas the TR need to be refurbished and maintained part 1 of this thread for over 2 weeks, than spent countless hours putting everyone's ideas in a neat format the developers would be willing to read and maintaining part 2 so it is kept on topic.

Also your picture of what you think would be Gatling Gun is not what you think it is. The enclosed case surrounding the barrels would mean if the barrels spun and generated heat the heat would get trapped in the case and melt it,other than that Aesir also made excellent points on why it probably wouldn't be a Minigun. Anyhow Stew, please don't bring ideas to refurbish the NC in the TR refurbishment thread. I can appreciate you trying to improve the NC, but this is not the thread for refurbishing the NC. Thanks
  20. HadesR

I think you have pretty much covered all the points that were discussed and debated over .. :) Good luck
    • Up x 2