[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. EliteEskimo

That's seems about right. What I don't get is why a Racer 3 engine in the Vanguard allows it to go 5 KPH slower than the Racer 3 Prowler, that astonished me the first time I got racer 3 on the Vangaurd. I'm not sure if technology wise NC are above TR other than their gauss tech. It said they use conventional top of the line equipment, so I think they are using advanced technology in the convential realms such as Galting guns and advanced rapid fire mechanisms like the Striker. Discounting the recent developer changes to MBT secondaries the TR was really the only one to posses all the rapid fire technology for most their explosive weapons.
  2. NietCheese

The thing you don't appreciate is that the Vanguard reverse speed is horribly slow. Like absurdly slow.
    It moves like a brick and pivots like a brick.

The only way you make it usable is to use Rival Combat Chassis which gives you faster reverse (so you can pillar rocks) and faster turn (so you can show the enemy the front of the tank).

IMO we are forced to use rival combat because the physics of the thing are the worst vehicle in the game. That means the Prowlers speed advantage is much more significant. It's not "just 5 kph" and you aren't taking into account the Prowler acceleration advantage, the reverse speed advantage and turning speed advantage.

In short the Prowler has a lot more mobility, speed and damage.
    Any remodeling of the TR cannot, must not include more damage because you also have mobility advantages over the NC AND more damage.
    • Up x 1
  3. EliteEskimo

I can appreciate the reverse speed being slow, that's why the Vanguard has the strongest front armor in the game. Oh and I agree, the fully certed Prowler should never be able to solo a fully certed Vanguard head to head. The Prowler has to make use of its mobility to try and flank the Vanguard.
  4. Talshere

The big problem they would have with that now is that people have spent both a lot of time and money on certs and SC to get those weapons for specific classes and builds, messing with them now would be a nightmare.
  5. Bape

Excellent constructive thread as always you are the TR and planetside 2 key for success. I hope SOE takes a few minutes and come and read part 2 next.
    • Up x 1
  6. EliteEskimo

Well redesigning the weapon designs wouldn't be to hard or a job to do and would likely be a welcome change. The weapons aren't changing classes, they are merely being changed to follow the Lore. The Developers made a lot of changes in GU08 so I don't see why they couldn't make these changes in future patches ya know?
  7. Dingus148

Check earlier in this thread; I suggested a cosmetic overhaul which would make the weapons feel like bullet hoses without actually modifying any of their raw performance.
    • Up x 1
  8. EliteEskimo

Sorry Dingus I must have missed that. That would be more of a duck tape type fix than an actual one. I want our guns to look, sound, and actually fire faster rather than to only look and sound like they are if that makes sense. I'd take that over nothing I suppose, but I wouldn't be satisfied with just the smoke and mirrors approach ya know?
    • Up x 1
  9. EliteEskimo

This is an interesting concept that goes into specializing the factions in areas I had not considered, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if you could go more in depth on how the other factions ammo boxes would work, and perhaps share some of your other thoughts that go beyond the lengths of just ammo boxes that would be appreciated Gibbon. :)
  10. Carnivombre

I used slightly modified TR mini chaingun sounds for MAX mercies. Sounds little bit more like real weapons.

• Up x 6
  11. EliteEskimo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just paste the T7 Mini Chain gun sounds over the Mercies? :D
    I like the deeper pitch of the T7 over the mercies though, I was always a fan of Arnold's manly sounding Hand Held Gatling gun in Terminator 2

• Up x 1
  12. Carnivombre

I slowed it down little bit so it matches mercy rof better ;)
  13. Foams

As mainly a TR player, if they used even half of these ideas it would be very exciting. Id hope that members of the other factions would appreciate how it could help the game over all and not just look at it as a "buff/nerf" thread.
  14. Stew360

You should also look at the damage graph rigth ? so the TR weapons whould kill in 10 shot and the NC in 4 or 5 and vs in 7

Do you really want your weapons to be a 10 shot kills ?

Do you really want most NC weapons to be 4 to 5 shot kills ?

this graph was a basic idea of what it could be but after months of beta they have seen that it was not feasable to make such way to different weapons Qs because it will be impossible to balance it thats way

And it is impossible it look pretty on paper but when you test it for real you see that it cant work this way

the weapons balance ATM is okish and still its the NC who suffer the most in most senarios while tr and VS are pretty much in easymode when it come to the infantry weapons
  15. Felixbz

Your name seems familiar... anyway, the graph doesn't necessarily dictate that it will be 10 shots to kill, but to be honest, if we have a 300 or higher Rate of fire advantage over the NC & VS as well as less horizontal recoil or none when compared to the NC but much higher vertical recoil, I'd be fine with it being a 10 shot kill, because most of the time headshots do double damage and I'm the sort of person who can control the Famas in battlefield 3, albeit with great difficulty because that thing kicks up like a b****.
    • Up x 1
  16. Wintermaulz

Were fine if our guns are 10 shot kills, and yours are 4-7, but the TTK should be to within a hundredth of a second of each other at the bare minimum
    • Up x 1
  17. Stew360

This entire tread is insanity in term of the states of the game

If i look at this tread the devs would be better to wipe out the entire game and start a brand new game instead ...

They have made concept , they have test those concepts in the alpha in the beta and they have choose to go in this way

If you change everything in tr then everything will have to change in VS as well and in NC as well so youll end up , having to redo everything you have done already lol

They wont change everything about the game , they will expand on it but nothing on this tread will ever come to reality exept for those 2 thing , more TR original guns models and the Miniguns but NC and VS will also have a Miniguns

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Aesir

You know how a minigun of such a small caliber should sound like ...

Slight hint it sounds like this ... just faster

19. LonelyTerran

20. Felixbz

Every faction needs a refurbish to get back to what the description of the faction was, The main reason i joined the TR was because of their high rates of fire and their general attitude as a professional military, so back onto that point, every faction needs some work done to make them feel more like they were described, and it is possible to do so without making them overpowered, it'll just take a bit of time and some serious thought.

Also, miniguns for the NC & VS? Keep dreaming, if that sort of thing comes to the NC & VS, I'm done with this game, it'll be crystal clear that there is developer bias if our empire specific weapon becomes shared between all the factions.
    • Up x 1