The typical Emerald prime time Alert.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angry Scientist, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Angry Scientist

Alert is announced. VS immediately redeploys. A few NC and TR do, awaiting the announcement of continent.

Continent is picked. If Indar is unlocked and other continents are hosting a good fight, Indar is the continent. Indar is selected even if the above is not true. It's always Indar.

Territory starts are usually equal. TR immediately heads to the nearest NC territory. The VS immediately head to the nearest territory to NC that they can zergstorm and take to farm. This sets the stage for the alert.

The first hour doesn't matter, but in it, the TR repeatedly send multiple platoons to backbite the NC while the NC attempt to hold off the VS hordes and actually keep their tech plant/biolab/large outpost. Due to being mathematically unable to fight roughly 50% of a continent population, NC loses territory and attempts to make Faustian choices. NC lifestyle choices mocked in yellchat regardless of base conditions.

Eventually NC get tired of it and kick TR firmly out of their turf repeatedly. TR feelings get hurt, they begin to log off or go elsewhere because they can't make headway or got bored ghostcapping. Already low TR pressure on VS drops off to nil.

VS population surges. NC valiantly attempts to hold on but only so much poop can fit in a poop sandwich you're trying to eat. NC trickle elsewhere. End alert populations point towards extravagant numbers of VS with NC in second and TR attempting to dig a hold in the bar graph. Alert ends, VS claim superiority, then gal crash into a randomly selected base. Disco rules until the next alert.

Proof: I've watched this happen every night for the past year. DON'T QUESTION ME.
    • Up x 1
  2. Leftconsin

I'm guessing you are an NC player.
    • Up x 2
  3. Angry Scientist

What I am is actually observant enough to notice that the NC doesn't win any alerts.
    • Up x 1
  4. xCable

I run with PHX for most of the alerts. We have to redeploy to both sides of the map to keep us from loosing too much territory.

It's usually cap a place, defend for a bit, redeploy to the other side of the map, loose what we just capped/hope blueberries can defend till we get back, cap where we are, defend and redeploy. Repeat.

It would be nice if I could stay on one side of the map for the entire alert however we don't have the skill/pop to do that. Redeploy seems buggy so that's my biggest qualm with this strategy.

I don't think we have any intention of winning most of the time. It's just defending and recapping the same bases we had and hold on for dear life.

I see other platoons specifically my own outfit that likes to split squads up throughout the entire map. Technically doing the same thing with less people. My outfit acts as the blueberries to PHX.

I know we have alot of new players or low level players so it makes leadership frustrated because they don't listen.

Tbh though it's easy to get distracted in a fight when leadership is asking you to redeploy to warpgate specially when you are reking the other side.

New players need to play more conservatively.

At my stage in the game I have answers for everything while new players may not. If we had more players with answers to problems and know how to use said answers we would be better off.

Our weapons are great for the most part after you get used to recoil / bullet drop.
  5. Linedan

The one earlier tonight was another one of those "we're leading with 30 minutes to go, this isn't gonna end well" scenarios. It didn't. Two separate VS attacks, one 96+ and one 48-96, and a TR 96+ attack both hitting NC. Even after VS took over first place--and with 15 minutes to go, if TR had shifted their attacks to VS, they had a shot at going from third to first and scraping out a win--they kept hitting us even harder and handed the win to the VS and then a bunch of the TR mocked us on /yell about it. Instead of at least trying to switch fronts and win themselves, they just kept on us. The fights were good at least, really good. Oh, and I checked the map a few times, and while we were holding off all those massive attacks? There was one fight on the TR/VS frontier that was 48-96 enemies. That was it.

I know there's no TR/VS conspiracy, but given what we keep seeing again and again with TR focusing on us even when it makes more sense to hit the VS, I can understand why people think there might be.

Oh, and at the Hossin alert right now? VS have 55%+ of the continent and the TR have at least 120 people hitting NC's Bravata PMC compound with us having 16% continent. Because strategery.
  6. Yuukikun

I think if you cry any louder your mom's gonna wake up.
  7. Unsp0kn

Sometimes it's because one of the other factions zergs and we leave. I do it all the time, I have no interest in following a mindless zerg and would rather have a good fight during the little bit of time I get to play each night than win a stupid alert. Also, OP just sounds like they needed to get the cry out.