[Suggestion] The triage skill is sooo useless

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by gagle, Feb 2, 2013.

1. gagle

Who the hell thinks "Hey I'll enter to this sunderer because perhaps there's a medic with triage waiting to heal me". NO. No one does that. It's just ridiculous to spend 1350 certs on this skill. It will be more useful if this passive healing could also be applied outside vehicles. I think that I've earned 27 XP (9x3) since I have it. Definitely not worth it.
    • Up x 5
  2. James Seth Lynch

Oh look another one.
  3. MrIDoK

Triage should grant a passive health regen to everybody in a certain radius, just like the BioLab bonus, but very limited in range.
    Each cert grants a bonus in range (not in how much it heals).

This way it's useful as a utility that gives a small boost to a medic's heal ability while not being too useful on its own.
    • Up x 4
  4. James Seth Lynch

I still prefer the deployable medkit AoE heal or AoE shield charger. A weaker copy of the Active heal only indefinite adds less to the class then the Triage we have now. You'll start seeing idiots that never get out their heal tool and only use their ability on themselves because they think having that is better.
    • Up x 1
  5. Penfifteen

Oh, these threads...

Heh, I'm sure the devs are well aware of Triage's uselessness, but the medic is one of the classes that needs the least work done, since it has a distinct role, and fulfills it just fine. I'm sure we all agree there are things that should be paid more attention to in the meantime.

Though, since on the topic, might as well throw in my idea.

The idea of a healing-type vehicle is pretty neat, though I don't know if it should necessarily be associated with the medic. Maybe make it a Sunderer cert, similar to the Ammo Dispenser. That way the ammo hologram could just be replaced by a medic-type hologram. Seems simple enough, though I don't know how useful that would be, since I assume most people would rather run in and get a few more kills and wait the few seconds to respawn, rather than truck all the way back to the Sunderer to heal up.
  6. Village

Would you rather they just completely removed triage?
  7. JonConnor

I found one decent use for it. Drive a MBT as a medic with a gunner who is engi. He can jump out to repair the tank and if he takes some hits, when he jumps back in he gets healed. Even better if your faction dosn't have a biolab. Since the slot isn't used for anything else you might as well get the first level. Not sure about the value of the higher levels though. I wouldn't even consider those before maxing out the medic tool at least.
  8. }{ellKnight

Good question. I'd prefer it if they repleced it with something like a deployable medkit that has an AoE heal. But instead of constantly healing if the target takes any damage then he can't get healed by the deployable medkit for 5-10 seconds, that way you can't abuse it hopefully.
    • Up x 1
  9. Shiaari

It's a very good idea in concept. The purpose of triage is to provide passive healing to squad/platoon mates in transport between fights. It would be totally worth the cert investment if it healed faster, though.
  10. Sebyos

11. shd

Everything about it is bad. Hell even the name is wrong. The point of the skill is to top off people on the way to the next objective, kinda opposite of triage :)
  12. Chinchy

maxed out Triage repairs maxes quite fast and infantry even faster, its also amazing while running an ATV it keeps me alive coupled with maxed out auto repair. That being said would it have been worth it to max out if you need those 1400 certs for something else? No, hell no.
  13. TheKhopesh

My suggestion, Keep the name "Triage" and have it allow the left mouse button on the meditool to self-heal (You've got no gun out, so it would only be useful to allow you to save your nanites on your heal ability for when you are in a firefight and need to be able to fire back while healing).
  14. TheKhopesh

Or, replace triage with something that allows the meditool to sap health from an enemy, a silent-ish alternative to the knife for medics.
    I would love to see a red beam reversing an enemies health.

Plus there would finally be a use for the ammo register for the meditool.
    Just have it overheat -like the engineers tool- after sapping 650 hp (One full kill if it's all from one target, counting additional hp from nanoweave armor).

It would allow the medics a way to take on a heavy in CQC with his shield ability on.
  15. Oleker2

RED = eerrm... Healing Granade? Not just a deployable healing, but a "remote deploy" one with a blasted AoE.

@ Topic
    How about the players getting hitted inside vehicles? Depending of where the dmg comes, players on that slots got some dmg, them it will take some use on triage.
  16. isilyan

A small marker/icon on the vehicles with a Triage medic in, would be a nice start fix to this almost useless Medic ability.....
    • Up x 2
  17. Souleater

What if it healed nearby players who had recently been ressed?

Would synergise with res grenades.
    • Up x 1
  18. JonboyX

I certed the first level just so that people jumping out of a squad sundy were definitely at full health. But after that; you're right - useless.

How I would change it: make the triage an "overcharge" heal. Those that are in the vehicle or plane get up to 10% extra health as they leave, which slowly returns to 100% within 10 seconds of leaving the vehicle. Levels can increase extra health from 2% - 10%, and the duration from 2 seconds to 10seconds from level 1-5.

I've nicked that from Team Fortress 1 and 2; but I think it'd be quite a nice idea. Gives assault teams a slight edge if they go in 'hot' - but nothing overpowered if you just park up and footslog over to a tower.
    • Up x 1
  19. urida

Are you kidding?!? Triage is so amazing. Next thing you're gonna say is the flashlight isn't any good!
    • Up x 1
  20. smoke eater

Make Triage like the engineer ammo pack. You lay it down, and all allies nearby get to recharge their health (don't allow it to ress anyone). The more certs you put into it, the more area it will heal. Then have it last only a few minutes which also increases with the amount of certs invested in it. The tool would be for ress-ing people and spot healing.

I would have to agree that people would probably just respawn instead of heading to a med bus to heal. Kind of a pity but it is what it is.
    • Up x 1