The TRC is recruiting

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Outfit Recruitment' started by Terranaxiom, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Terranaxiom

What is the TRC?
    The TRC (Terran Republic Commandos) is a European based TR outfit that is focused around infantry shock tactics and decisive moves on the field. The tactics and strategies used are well practised and come from 2 years of experience on pc and more. We do ops nights on Wednesdays and saturdays, practice once a night and we try to alternate platoon leaders for the ops nights each week as we have many ps2 vets who all have different and effective ways of playing. Ops nights and practice are much more tactical and intense, so adhering to orders is a must if you are taking part but you must show some kind of initiative. We have around 60 members now and yet, still retain high quality all round. We are run by myself (founder) and 2 other leaders, namely AlphaKilo and TBA. Leadership is very relaxed and you will not be forced to do anything you don't want and we are firm but fair. We hold a no bs policy with people who do not fit in or like to cause drama.

What we are looking for
    We are looking for members who like to play a bit more tactically than usual and have something to bring to the table. The turnout of applicants has been less than satisfying and quite frankly, too casual. We have just removed almost 40 (we had 100 ish members) people who were either barely on or too casual and/or lacked initiative. We are looking for people who can play as a team but can also think for themselves. To be blunt, we are not looking for casual newbs who can't think for themselves. Saying that, we are 100% not looking for rambos or k/d padding heroes.

Requirements
    Must be br20+ (no exceptions)
    Must be 18+ and have a mic (no exceptions)
    Must have a can-do attitude and be a team player
    Must be adaptable
    Must NOT be stat oriented and must care about tactical and strategic victories
    Must be of a patient and relaxed manner (we all get mad sometimes, that’s fine)
    Must be able to commit 2 nights per week at least

Being able to get monthly subscription is preferable but in no way needed and not a problem. We like to play to win in alerts and relax in between. Please save yourself time and our time by not applying if you fail any of the requirements.

Further notes
    This will also suit pc vets very much as you will understand and grasp it all very quickly and probably are already accustomed to how devastating this is. We utilise everything in the game depending on what the situation demands. We are very flexible and we can fight off numbers much more than our own.
    We also dedicate 2 nights per week to playing as VS or NC. Our VS outfit is called String Theory, our NC outfit is called Free Market Anarchy. On these days it is not mandatory to play as an NC or VS alt, it's just an option. You never have to play as VS or NC if you don't want and our focus is and will always be TR.

How to join
    To join the TRC, please visit http://terranrepubliccommandostrc.shivtr.com/ It’s a work in progress so please excuse any mistakes.

If you have any questions at all, pm me by clicking your profile in the top right corner, select ‘start conversation’ and then enter my name and I'll get back to you asap. You can also pm my psn @ ENKkii87.

We look forward to hearing from you soldier.

"Velocitas Eradico!” ~ I who am speed, eradicate!.

For those of you who are rebel scum, or a misguided cultist, please watch this recruitment video and become part of the glorious Republic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHN9CdBqSYM Otherwise, prepare to be scraped off our boots

2. Terranaxiom

Getting apps from people who do not understand what NO EXCEPTIONS means.

If you're not 18+, you'll not be accepted.

If you're not br20+, you will not be accepted.

No ifs or buts, no excuses, you will not be accepted.
  3. Terranaxiom

4. antonk123

bump, we are all a great bunch.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

Bump.

1 of the most organised outfits on ceres and we seriously kick anus.

Great outfit.
  6. SpudOnTheCouch

lol
  7. Garuk

I tried typing in the psn name given and no name came up. My username is Tetchedink and I would love a chat about your outfit when you are availible.
  8. Chiips

Absolutely agree, and will help you bump your thread. Utmost respect for TRC.
    I'm certain enemy morale often sink once they realise TRC are in the vicinity, being of the most tactful and skilled outfits on Ceres.

We are all well aware of the population imbalance on Ceres, TR dominating on 40%+ and VS on 20%. It's often demoralising to play this game, seeing VS with so little territory, pushed on several fronts by a 2:1 or worse population handicap. Worse then, when trying to cap a less populated base, only to have you guys put a dampener on that.

A few from our outfit have already stopped playing due to this, plus the annoying bugs, as have many others. Word then gets around the game sucks, so it's tough to get our other clan mates to even download it.

If Daybreak are unable or incapable of balancing the population, then it's up to the players. It'll be for the greater good and the ultimate challenge for top outfits like yourself to switch to Vanu and help balance out the game.

I don't really expect you guys to switch given the amount of time you've all invested into your TR characters, but it's worth a try. The more TR dominate, it'll just drive more people away from the game altogether. TRC are awesome, but you could be even better by switching to VS and showing you can still kick anus as the underdog faction. Cheers.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

We already do on alts. A lot of us are pc vets as well so we've already done and been through all of this as well.

These alts may become more serious soon though but a full swap will never happen. A big issue i'm seeing is that a lot of the major vs and nc outfits have a very victim complex or defeatist way of recruiting, they don't sell themselves and it doesn;t look good to would be recruits of either faction. Right now our alts are just an excuse to easy mode it with nc damage and vs ease of use with their weapons.

People keep saying we're a zergfit as well, which is false. It is not our goal to become a zergfit and we have never had enough players on to do so, nor do we want to. Our goal is to have a full platoon on (48 people) when we need it for ops.
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Yes as we go into loads of fights where we're outnumbered, and often win.
  11. antonk123

What's your IGN? Also we have officially dedicated one night a week to playing our VS alts and another to our NC alts on prime time. So you will be seeing us more on other factions, probably with less people but still working together and kicking ***. VS outfit: String Theory and NC outfit: FreeMarket Anarchy
  12. Chiips

Agree on Vanu recruiting being a hard sell. You can call it defeatist or just realistic I guess.
    It'll seriously take some ingenious sales pitch to sell VS given the population imbalance. Most new players will just join TR or NC on Ceres.

Will certainly welcome some tips on recruiting if you have any :) It's not just recruiting for an outfit, but for the faction as a whole. What magic words will make people switch to VS?

Good to hear about your alts. By switching, you guys will be partly contributing to the solution instead of adding to the problem on Ceres. Hope you guys consider making it permanent. Some guys in our outfit wanted to go TR/NC, but we decided to stick with VS for the sake of balance, unfortunately it's resulted in those members moving permanently onto other games. With your numbers and skill, understanding of the game, you guys can help to alleviate this problem. Otherwise this game will slowly degenerate, as we are all aware.

@antonk - sorry, I don't use IGN. Will certainly be happy to see more String Theory cruising around Auraxis!
    • Up x 1
  13. antonk123

by Ign i meant in game name :)
  14. Terranaxiom

No there's no chance of it being permanent. A lot of us have been TR for years now and spent hundreds, it's just not going to happen. As for being realistic, potential recruits don't see it that way. Just sell yourselves and make a point that being outpopped is just more kills, which IS great.

Our NC Tuesdays outfit - Free Market Anarchy
    Our VS Thursdays outfit - String Theory

Ps4 has also only had roughly 20 million sold VS 240 ish million ps3's sold. The game is also having a planned relaunch and depth added. Its really early days yet anyway and we should be in open beta.
  15. Chiips

oops, excuse my ignorance antonk :) IGN = Chiipster.

If you see any Australians wanting to join VS, send them our way --> [AUF] Australian Forces.

No worries about not switching, you can play the game how you want. It was a longshot. However perhaps my post did make a tiny difference as evidenced from searching the outfits you mentioned. Well done guys, thanks.
  16. antonk123

we definitely will be playing VS seriously once a week at least so its something :)
  17. AxiomInsanity87

Went 68/7 on my vs alt yesterday.

Give a decent TR player a vs or nc weapon, and he/she can perform above their level.
  18. antonk123

Bump. We are a great bunch, we have a good mix of pure fun, serious, and in between moments. We have days dedicated to our non TR alts (if you want to play them). We value teamwork over all else and it yields great results.
  19. Ryme_Intrinseca

20. antonk123